Beware: Voting Machines Casting Wrong Votes

hm1996

Staff member
Have heard of two such events from personal friends, one near Houston and another in Chicago (surprised?).

I can understand a few problems w/machines, but isn't it strange that the only ones that have cropped up to my knowledge involved Romney voters having their vote changed to Obama. Coincidence? Watch video, read article and then decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7ZUZAOIJm5I#t=36s

Quote:ROB THE VOTE
More ballots for Romney come up Obama'You want to vote for who you want to vote for'
Published: 5 hours ago

by Joe KovacsEmail |

Are voting machines not properly recording the intended votes of American citizens this election cycle?

With early voting underway already, more examples are being found across the nation of problems at polling places.

The latest comes from Marion County in the battleground state of Ohio, where Joan Stevens tried to vote for Mitt Romney Monday on an electronic touch screen, but Barack Obama’s name kept lighting up.

According to the Marion Star, it took her three tries for her choice to be accurately recorded.

“You want to vote for who you want to vote for, and when you can’t it’s irritating,” Stevens said.

ROB THE VOTE! From dead people, pets and felons voting, learn Obama’s secret strategy for staying in power

Stevens says she alerted Jackie Smith, a Board of Elections member, who reportedly told her the machine had been having problems all day.

Stevens also reported her concern to Sophia Rogers, the director of the Board of Elections for Marion County.

The Star says Rogers indicated the machine had worked fine when she and others tried using it, and suggested the problem may have been improper use, such as not hitting the button directly or tapping with more than one finger.

“I know how to do the voting,” Stevens said, affirming she was aware of how to use the device.

Rogers contacted the machine’s vendor to inspect the device.

“Because of her issue, we had that machine recalibrated,” Rogers said. “I am certain the equipment works properly.”

Meanwhile, this is not the only case of voting-machine problems.

Just last week, there were similar cases documented at several polling places in North Carolina, in Guilford County, Jamestown and Pleasant Garden.

Sher Coromalis says she cast her ballot for Romney, but the machine defaulted to President Obama each time.

“I was so upset that this could happen,” Coromalis told WGHP-TV. “I should have just mailed it in.”

Marie Haydock, who also voted at the Bur-Mil Park polling location, had the same problem.

“The frustration is, every vote counts,” said Haydock.

Faurest Stum voted at the Pleasant Garden Town Hall location, and says her vote was for Romney, but the machine cast the vote for Obama.

“I thought this might be a one-time glitch in the machine. I had no idea that it might be happening somewhere else. This is when I called in and said this needs to stop,” she told WGHP.

George Gilbert, director of the Guilford County Board of Elections, indicated the machines had to be recalibrated.

“If you have calibration issues, it’s not systematically one way or another. It can go either way – and it has,” said Gilbert.

He says the voting machines are checked daily, and the problem is not unusual, as they popped up during the 2008 presidential election as well.

Voters who complained were able to get their vote corrected.

“To all those people that haven’t voted yet, encourage them to review their ballot before they cast their vote,” said Gilbert.

WGHP notes Guilford County switched to touchscreen voting in 1994, and the electronic machines were purchased in 2006 from Electronic Systems Software.

The problems are apparently not just limited to presidential voting.

“We here in Southern Maryland (solid GOP territory) are experiencing similar dirty tricks with respect to polling machines,” says WND reader Gary Knight. “During early voting, several Republican voters in Calvert County cast their ballots for the Republican candidate for Congress, but when the ballot was summarized prior to locking it in, the incumbent Democrat’s name came up.”

Touchscreen voting problems were an issue in the 2010 midterm election, as Democratic Sen. Harry Reid’s name had already been checked in advance for some voters.

Joyce Ferrara of Boulder City, Nev., who wanted to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, told KVVU-TV that she could understand if such an aberration happened just for her, but her husband and several others at a polling place also experienced the malfunction.

“Something’s not right,” Ferrara said. “One person that’s a fluke. Two, that’s strange. But several within a five-minute period of time, that’s wrong.”

The True the Vote website has created a National Election Integrity Hotline, saying, “If you see something at the polls that just doesn’t seem right, let us know.”

Its phone number is 855-444-6100 and email address is freeandfair@truethevote.org.

The voting-machine glitches are just one of numerous concerns about potential voter fraud issues this cycle.

One issue issue is foreign involvement in the election process.

WND has reported that SCYTL, an international firm headquartered in Spain, has been contracted by a handful of states to provide secure online ballot delivery for overseas military and civilian voters for the presidential election. The states are New York, Arkansas, Alabama, West Virginia, Alaska, Mississippi, plus the federal territory of Puerto Rico.

There is also a staggering decline in absentee vote requests.

Florida had 37,953 requested ballots as of last month as opposed to 86,926 in 2008 – a difference of 48,973. North Carolina only has 1,859 requests listed compared to 13,508 in 2008.

A report released in February by the Pew Center on the States said America’s voter registration rolls are in disarray.

The report found one in eight active registrations is invalid or inaccurate, and one out of every four people eligible to vote, some 51 million voters, are not even registered.

The New York Times noted: “The report found that there are about 1.8 million dead people listed as active voters. Some 2.8 million people have active registrations in more than one state. And 12 million registrations have errors serious enough to make it unlikely that mailings based on them will reach voters.”

“These problems waste taxpayer dollars, undermine voter confidence and fuel partisan disputes over the integrity of our elections,” David Becker, director of election initiatives at the center, told the Times.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/more-ballots-for-romney-come-up-obama/

Regards,
hm

I've seen several news reports of these machines casting a vote for Obama when the voter attempted to vote for Romney.

Oddly enough, I haven't read of a single instance of someone attempting to vote for Obama and the machine recording a Romney vote.

Originally Posted By: IversI've seen several news reports of these machines casting a vote for Obama when the voter attempted to vote for Romney.

Oddly enough, I haven't read of a single instance of someone attempting to vote for Obama and the machine recording a Romney vote.

Oddly enough I haven't seen these claims, where did you see them so I can look them up?

These complaints have been around for some time. It is a verified fact that rigged machines were found after Bush's first election and were claimed to have been replaced or fixed before the second election.

Quite frankly the partisanship of the claim is irrelevant, what is is that there are any issues at all. I'm not blowing off the fact that the complaint is in favor of Obama at all, what I am saying is that people of both parties have to take this seriously whether it's against their party or not. I am as offended by votes being swayed in Obama's favor as I am the other way.

Here's why, the person who hears that votes were swayed toward his guy and he blows it off as bull is allowing fraud to take place. That person will discount it when he hears it has been happening in his party's favor but be upset when nobody pays any attention when his party is being ripped. Who knows when these fraudulent votes are taking place for which side when the noise is flowing both ways and it gets ignored as a result?

The GOP is plenty sophisticated enough to throw some complaints out so that when complaints come in from the other side they are ignored.

Computer fraud is easy to engineer, with thousands of separate voting districts and states doing their own thing in terms of how votes are tallied there are going to be party dominated districts that take the fight too far and do their part to help swing a closely contested race.

I'll give you an example of how party loyalty can be taken way too far. In one of the representative recall races it was close enough that the incumbent was losing by almost 8000 votes. The county clerk in a recount announces "oh my, my computer 'lost' 8000 votes".

Now come on, here we have several issues that should have negated this claim, but it wasn't. First of all there was nothing on her computer that could verify that these votes ever existed, or supported how they were just lost. And what a coincidence that that she lost the exact number of votes needed to keep her guy in office.

Why this absurd claim was taken at face value without any form of verification as to the existence or even how they might have been lost is a testament to a party having a strong enough presence to ignore all common sense and reason.

The common sense position would be to refuse to allow an extra 8000 votes on anyone's word without some form of validation in one way or another.

This issue doesn't matter which side was which, you simply do not need to know that to be able to pass judgement on what the correct position would have been. The incumbent should have been replaced by the power of the verifiable votes cast, not a biased county clerk.

Party bias is completely out of control when one party will do anything to win, including cheat the popular vote.

It is strange that there are only a few states and an array of districts still using computer polling machines, we need hard copy ballots so that recounts can be done in questionable situations.

I may be pegged as a liberal, but I will state for the record that I will call foul on my side just as quickly as I'll call it on the other side, it all needs to be cleaned up. Anyone refusing to hold "their" politicians accountable on the premise that all politicians are crooked is part of why we have such a corrupt system. Everyone has to be willing to eliminate their own crooks as well as the others.

We have a supreme court justice (Clarence) recently caught red handed failing to report $750,000 of his wife's income on their taxes. Not only is that alone grounds for immediate dismissal (impeachment) if he won't resign, he failed to report that income because of even more serious reasons. Her income was from working for a lobbying firm handling a case Clarence was sitting on, he should have recused himself because of the direct conflict of interest.

My guess is that this administration didn't push the issue because of the crap storm it would have caused with the GOP claiming that it wasn't fair for Obama to be able to appoint the replacement, and make no mistake that issue would still be fought tooth and nail. I don't think dems had the stomach for that fight, although it wasn't even an issue, Clarence should be gone, he crossed the line in terms of the highest level of integrity that the supreme court needs to maintain.

Last edited:
Took the liberty to make a couple of comments in your quote below:

Originally Posted By: woodguru Quite frankly the partisanship of the claim is irrelevant, what is is that there are any issues at all. I'm not blowing off the fact that the complaint is in favor of Obama at all, what I am saying is that people of both parties have to take this seriously whether it's against their party or not. I am as offended by votes being swayed in Obama's favor as I am the other way.

Good; what say we demand a complete revision of the voter registration nation wide, require proper ID to vote (which is violently opposed by the Democratic party for some unknown reason). Time for our elections to resemble third world countrys has passed. You work on the Dems, the GOP has already made many attempts to resolve this problem and were blocked by the DOJ lawsuits at every turn.

The GOP & Democrats are plenty sophisticated enough to throw some complaints out so that when complaints come in from the other side they are ignored.

It is strange that there are only a few states and an array of districts still using computer polling machines, we need hard copy ballots so that recounts can be done in questionable situations.

We have a supreme court justice (Clarence) recently caught red handed failing to report $750,000 of his wife's income on their taxes. Not only is that alone grounds for immediate dismissal (impeachment) if he won't resign, he failed to report that income because of even more serious reasons. Her income was from working for a lobbying firm handling a case Clarence was sitting on, he should have recused himself because of the direct conflict of interest.

My guess is that this administration didn't push the issue because of the crap storm it would have caused with the GOP claiming that it wasn't fair for Obama to be able to appoint the replacement, and make no mistake that issue would still be fought tooth and nail. I don't think dems had the stomach for that fight, although it wasn't even an issue, Clarence should be gone, he crossed the line in terms of the highest level of integrity that the supreme court needs to maintain.

While we're cleaning house, here's a few others that should be gone as well:

Quote: 41 Obama White House aides owe the IRS $831,000 in back taxes -- and they're not alone

September 10, 2010 | 2:54 am 211554

Over the years a lot of suspicion has built up across the country about Washington and its population of opportunistic transients coming to see themselves as a special kind of person, somehow above average working Americans who don't labor down in that monument-strewn former swamp.

Well, finally, an end to all those undocumented doubts. Thanks to some diligent digging by the Washington Post, those suspicions can at last be put to rest.

They're correct. Accurate. Dead-on. Laser-guided. On target. Bingo-bango. As clear as it's always seemed to those Americans who don't feel special entitlements and do meet their government obligations.

We now know that federal employees across the nation owe fully $1 billion in back taxes to the Internal Revenue Service.

As in, 1,000 times one million dollars. All this political jabber about giving middle-class ...

... Americans a tax cut. Thousands of feds have been giving themselves one all along -- unofficially. And these tax scofflaws include more than three dozen folks who work for the president with that newly decorated Oval Office.
The Post's T.W. Farnum did some research and found that out of the total sum, just 638 workers on Capitol Hill owe the IRS $9.3 million in back taxes. As in, overdue. The IRS gets stiffed by the legislative body that controls its budget. How Washington works.

Now, back taxes have been a problem for the Obama-Biden administration. You may recall early on that Tom Daschle was the president's top pick to run the Health and Human Services Department. But it turned out the former Democratic senator, who was un-elected from South Dakota in 2004, owed something like $120,000 to the IRS for things from his subsequent benefactor that he just forgot to pay taxes on. You know how that is. $120G's here or there. So he dropped out.

And then we learned this guy Timothy Geithner owed something like $42,000 in back taxes and penalties to the IRS, which is one of the agencies that he'd be in charge of as secretary of the Treasury. The fine fellow who's supposed to know about handling everyone else's money. In the end this was excused by Washington's bipartisan CYA culture as one of those inadvertent accidental oversights that somehow never seem to happen on the side of paying too much taxes.

And under Geithner's expert guidance the U.S. economy has been, well, wow! Just look at it.

Privacy laws prevent release of individual tax delinquents' names. But we do know that as of the end of 2009, 41 people inside Obama's very own White House owe the government they're allegedly running a total of $831,055 in back taxes. That would cover a lot of special chocolate desserts in the White House Mess.

In the House of Representatives, 421 people owe a total $6,524,892. In the Senate, 217 owe $2,774,836. In the IRS' parent department, Treasury, 1,204 owe $7,670,814. At the Labor Department, where Secretary Hilda Solis' husband had some back-tax problems before her confirmation, 463 owe $7,481,463. Eighty-one workers for the Federal Reserve System's board of governors owe $1,076,733.

Over at the Justice Department, which is so busy enforcing other laws and suing Arizona, 1,971 employees still owe $14,350,152 in overdue taxes.

Then, we come to the Department of Homeland Security, which is run by Janet Napolitano, the former governor of Arizona who preferred to call terrorist acts "man-caused disasters." Homeland Security is keeping all of us safe by ensuring that a brave Dutch tourist is aboard every inbound international flight to thwart any would-be bomber with explosives in his underpants.

Within that department, there reside 4,856 people who owe the tax agency a whopping total of $37,012,174.

And they're checking our pockets for metal and coins?

-- Andrew Malcolm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/09/congress-taxes-irs.html

Regards,
hm

I just figured something out; all by myself.

HB is in deep progressive therapy to re-orient his/her now befuddled mind and the lib troll monitors turned up WOODGURU to backfill for HB until he/she recovers-if ever.

We may have just turned HB and now? We get to work on the 'new one'.

Welcome WOODGURU. We always welcome active players here.

(Yeah, I know, 16 posts, but that doesn't mean a thing)

Yanno dog1whckr, it's a well known fact that liberalism is a "PROGRESSIVE" disease. It's most often fatal, that is, they are still liberal when they die. Precious few retain enough intact brain cells to recognize the truth when it stares them in the face. They feel most comfortable when they remain within the herd. Here they are adrift in a sea of common sense which causes them to feel ill. I am certain HB stops in every now and then to exercise his less than capable Jedi mind tricks but sorely misses the herd at Democratic Underground. It's obvious that he's tired of being the lone punching bag here and has recently recruited some equally dazed friends to drop in and take some of the pummeling directed at him. The Democrat herd is in the midst of severe depression right now as they slowly come to the realization that their jugearred kenyan is fading into obscurity. The coming year will likely bring a large self-induced reduction in their herd, hopefully President Romney will arrange for the much needed therapy to prevent most of them from sucking on tailpipes. Time will tell. LOL

Probably best to go ahead and lay a foundation to explain losing the election...sabotaged voting machines is good. The reactions to this close election are going to be priceless...I wouldn't miss it.

I just read in Yahoo news that Ohio was experiencing the same thing. Romney votes turning into Obamer votes. I've always felt that Obamer stole his first election and I have no doubt he would do it again.

The question is how do you check this? I'd be extremely po'd if mine and my wife's early vote showed a vote for Obamer.

Until Democrats stop opposing voter id laws I will not be convinced that they aren't all a bunch of liars and crooks, with some serious character flaws deciding how they vote.

we fill out paper ballots & feed them into a scanner. it indicates whether it scanned or not but does not display any info on what votes were cast.

Remember in Florida in 2000 all the hanging chads? One of the news outlets tried to duplicate some of the hanging chads and found that the only way they could make a ballot look like some of the ones actually cast was when they put several ballots at a time in the machine.

Back