Range Finders

On my recent archery elk hunt I used a Swaro range finder. Like others have said, I left my binos in the truck. I was able to clearly see bulls well past 700 yds and clearly count the points.

It will range well past 1400 yds all day long. It's easy to hold up and shoot what you are trying to range. I have looked thru Leicas but they are really no comparison....IMHO.

You won't be sorry if you get the Swaro's. I see them for 7-750 on the snipers hide

my swaro works when my buddies leicas dont, even with them using it.we have done this many times the swaro just gets the target more when the lecia fails

Leica. Light, compact, accurate, batteries last forever. Mine's a 1200. I don't need to range anything past half it's capability.

What distances would you like for it to be able to range consistently in bright sunlight or snow?

Originally Posted By: kc_hhslLeica must be nice ... even on ebay they are expensive.

Tyring to find an inexpensive range finder ...

The wild game has some issues or at least mine does (the 900). I've got a Nikon that won't go past 300 yards and wild game 900 wouldn't read a power pole at just over 400, but could read rocks at 330. It won't do coyotes, sage brush or rocks (unless it's a very large rock) out past 3-400. I'm going to sell both of these and look for something that will do well out to at least 600 yards on coyotes, sage brush & fence or power poles.

I've had a boat load of different LRF from Bushnell 800 to Vectronix. The Swaro was extremely nice, Esp the glass in them. Before I had God binos, I would run my Swaro LRF to glass for deer.

Only LRF I've kept and still have are a Leica 1200 CRF and a Vectronix.

These would be my choices;
Vectronix
Swaro
Leica 1200 or above.

"Buy once, cry once."

Originally Posted By: fw707My Leica CRF 1200 has gone 1331 yards on a good target in overcast conditions, but it struggles to get past 800 in bright light with a not-so-good target.

What is a good target = one of those big reflective signs over the freeway?

Not so good target = a vehicle but not so reflective as a freeway sign?

Originally Posted By: CatShooter"Poke here", no workie!

No workie for me either!
grin.gif

I tried 2 different links to Leica manuals and neither of them works.
unsure.gif

Anyhow, they work better on larger, lighter colored targets, at a perpendicular angle to the lens, on cloudy days, in clear (not hazy) atmospheric conditions.

They didn't mention freeway signs or vehicles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jspencerFixed the link....

Leica 1200 Manual

That one no workie for me either
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
cursing.gif

When you post a link, you should test it to make sure it works.

But, today, we can blame it on "Sandy"...

... or that other guy, "O..." what'hizname
smile.gif

huh.... When I click on it, it opens a dialog box asking me where I want to save/download the file.

This should be the link if you want to try to cut and paste:

en.leica-camera.com/assets/file/download.php?filename=file_1970.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jspencerhuh.... When I click on it, it opens a dialog box asking me where I want to save/download the file.

This should be the link if you want to try to cut and paste:

en.leica-camera.com/assets/file/download.php?filename=file_1970.pdf

I figured it out - when I clicked on the link, my screen flickered and brought me back to this page, so I thought it was not working - but I just looked, and each time it flickered, it downloaded a copy of the manual without asking - it just went to my download files folder so fast that I didn't see it - I just saw a flicker.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: CatShooter

Cat, I did test it to see if it works.
The dang PM site has been running so slow lately that I thought the link was just taking a long time to upload.

My mistake. I apologize for your inconvenience.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CatShooter

Cat, I did test it to see if it works.
The dang PM site has been running so slow lately that I thought the link was just taking a long time to upload.

My mistake. I apologize for your and no inconvenience.

No worries Dude, and no inconvenience, just a suggestion.

Natchez shooters supply has their Redfields for $159.95, and Redfield has a $50 rebate on them. $110 seems like a pretty good deal. Plan on ordering one for myself.

Back