Suggestions to help with night vision

I dropped my rifle off to a guy today who had a free floating rail the same length as mine he is selling me for $80. I asked him if he thought it would hold zero and he said it definately would... we will see
smile.gif
later he said I should mount it on the receiver... lol

well for $100 installed I will find out. I would likely buy the larue 104 if it works out but I hated to spend another $200 when I already have some 30mm rings I can use. the Larue may allow me to easily move it back and forth if I wanted to use it in the daytime too. first we will see if it will hold zero on the free floating rail. if it does, I may get the larue.

by the way Gman, I really like that Weaver scope you recommended! thanks!

Attached are some photos to help out.

Picture below is the swarvo and lt 104 and monoloc. I shoot this gun day and night i like the fit. You might want to go forward with the scope some more. It looks like there is room to push the scope forward on the larue.
8109522667_8b24a424c7_m.jpg

8109521943_a8027cfe87_m.jpg

Picture below is nikon buckmaster with nikon on a one piece nikon mount. The mount was junk and too close to the elevation/windage knob which is very bad. Scope was worth the money. I returned it becasue i wanted the swarvo 2.5 - 15 x 56 power.
Disregard the stock extender. It was monoloc model and does not work on this stock well (I was just trying the fit), but works great on my SW mp 15-22 stock.

8109531252_9608d4ddd8_m.jpg

Last edited:
Well I ended up basically doing the same thing you did Mr. Benelli. The guy I took it to was unable to get the forend off. it was super tight plus he said it looked like the gas block was soldered in and he was afraid that if he took it off he wouldn't be able to get it back on, so we did the next best thing. moved the scope as far forward with a Burris mount as I could and added a slip on stock recoil reducer to give me some more eye relief. it actually works out well with eye relief. I just need to sight it in. I am anxious to do that because this rifle is a tack driver and always has been. I have had it for over 10 years. the scope is great, but the illuminated retical is too bright to use with the PVS so I will just have to turn it off or just leave the battery out.

nightbushy2.jpg

Thanks for the update. I like the burris pic scope ring covers. You still have a lot of unused rail behind the scope base for goodies...

I suggest putting a luna IR on top of those rails. It is the quickest and easiest one to control. And it will be at your finger tips. I also have an eagletac ir on the front left forend.

who make that monoloc adapter?

Even the eotech, trijcon, and other lighted reticals bloom with NV. Once you get the ir illuminator on the gun you wont need an illuminated reticals.

Tip = Mark the scope with a line and the pvs 14 with a line so you put the pvs 14 on the same way every time. Then just remember how much of a turn it is to shoot at 100.

I also suggest a switch view scope lever when using the gun at night.

With the monoloc I have... I can turn (focus) my pvs or choose to lock it and keep it in a specific spot. I like to be able to turn the pvs 14 while its on the gun just in case i need to see things at different ranges.

i tested my gun at 100 yards and it seems that it still shoots on target even if the pvs 14 is out of focus slightly.

the monobloc is made by Night Optics. it has a hinged release that allows you to swing the PVS to the side which is nice because it allows easy access to the charging handle instead of having to reach up under the scope with my big hand.
http://www.nightoptics-sales.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ADNPVS14NO6015

I also have an Eagletac and a Torch EL. the torch is mounted to my Colt where I use the Aimpoint and a 3x on the PVS and I use the Eagletac by hand. I was considering purchasing a Torch Pro to mount on top of the scope or possibly on the Colt and move the EL from the Colt to this scope. I don't know how that compares to the Luna. I also have a rail I can attach to the forend of the Bushy for IR if I want.

I adjusted the Weaver scope then slid the monobloc almost all the way up to the illuminator knob on the top of the scope. the other end of the monobloc I attach to the focus ring on the PVS which allows me to turn the body to focus or I could move it further back to lock it also. I would have to first remove the ring for the twist mount I use on the Colt rail when I mount it to that so I don't want to go through that hassle of taking the ring on and off when I switch rifles.

edit for question: what is a switch view scope lever?

Last edited:
Thats a good price for the monoloc type device. I think the torch would be too big. I would go with luna and put the torch upfront on the forend somewhere.

When its not attached to the gun, I keep my monoloc on the pvs 14 instead of the gun so it would be nice if i had a picitanny rail on it so i can sweep by hand with ir when im not wearing the helmet.
Mgm switchview

Back