Traditions Pursuit

Originally Posted By: RockyMtnHunterOriginally Posted By: yotehunter243Forgot to mention I have a CVS optima and Accura at home also. Haven't found anyone I done like well enough to sale them to

why not give them both to me since you dont like them? I know how to make gun shoots.

Actually I tell you what, you send them to me, i will go through them and clean them, make sure you didnt screw anything up and then I will donate them online to someones kid that would like to get started in muzzleloading.

Do you have a personal stake in CVA? If not I cant understand why you seem to take it personally and feel the need to passive-aggressivly launch personal attacks on someone stating their opinion (i.e. the person above who you are essentially saying he doesnt clean his guns, screws them up, and doesnt know how to make them shoot)?

Personally, I dont want to have to "make" a foreign peice of crap shoot, when there are plenty of quality US made choices that shoot and function very well that dont have the same track record of failing that CVA and Traditions do. JMO YMMV

LOL, I still haven't heard any specifics as to why today's CVA and traditions M/Ls are not good weapons. Savage sucked years ago. Now it's hard to beat there out of the box accuracy. Just sayin.

American made great in theory- not so hot in most cases. Most american made stuff has parts of it that is made in mexico, china and whatever. Better get rid of those cell phones- not American made.

Owned by and American company- assembled in Mexico. That should replace the "Made in America" stamp that goes on most things we buy "American" these days. Sucks but true. I'm not going to pass up on a something that operates just fine becuase it's not American made.

Quote:quality US made choices that shoot and function very well that dont have the same track record of failing that CVA and Traditions do.

Again, no specifics mentioned in modern CVA or traditions weapons as to exactly what is failing. Where are you getting these statistics from?

Remington 700 rifles- made right here in the ole US of A. Safety failures like they are going out of style.......until they fixed the problem.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter243 I agree 100% why no buy American made when given the choice. Especially when the gun made in USA is better.

Exactly........

Originally Posted By: swift one Quote:quality US made choices that shoot and function very well that dont have the same track record of failing that CVA and Traditions do.

Again, no specifics mentioned in modern CVA or traditions weapons as to exactly what is failing. Where are you getting these statistics from?

Remington 700 rifles- made right here in the ole US of A. Safety failures like they are going out of style.......until they fixed the problem.

I am not an "Only buy american" person, and that is not what I am saying. In this specific instance that is case, not over all in every scenario. Also i dont make decision based on statistics, i base it on personal experiances, so if my personal experiances differ from yours then so be it, i couldnt possibly care less what you buy.

Also I think Remington sucks too.

Surely don't mean to argue with ya 2Much but most of these cases are at least 10 years old. Granted some are newer cases. I would imagine/hope that QC has improved since then. Seems as though actual facts on what really happened have been left out and how much carelessness caused some of these problems. I'm sure that every manufactor has a dark cloud lurking somewhere in their past.
The OP did ask opinions on the Traditions rifle. The only Traditions rifle I actually have owned lacked in the accuracy department so it was sold. A friend had the same rifle and the same problems and also sold his. Both of us shoot the CVA Optima now and get respectable accuracy and have had 0 problems. Our BP season is only 9 days and high-end rifles are really not needed.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: swift one Again, no specifics mentioned in modern CVA or traditions weapons as to exactly what is failing. Where are you getting these statistics from?

Tell me what you think.......

http://cvaguncases.com/Case___Information_Page.html

you are a troll that rides the randy wakeman scare tactics BS wave. Even new shooters once they do a back ground check on randy wakeman, can tell right off hes a troll and a $$$ follower who bad mouths companies that stop paying him.

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsOriginally Posted By: RockyMtnHunterOriginally Posted By: yotehunter243Forgot to mention I have a CVS optima and Accura at home also. Haven't found anyone I done like well enough to sale them to

why not give them both to me since you dont like them? I know how to make gun shoots.

Actually I tell you what, you send them to me, i will go through them and clean them, make sure you didnt screw anything up and then I will donate them online to someones kid that would like to get started in muzzleloading.

Do you have a personal stake in CVA? If not I cant understand why you seem to take it personally and feel the need to passive-aggressivly launch personal attacks on someone stating their opinion (i.e. the person above who you are essentially saying he doesnt clean his guns, screws them up, and doesnt know how to make them shoot)?

Personally, I dont want to have to "make" a foreign peice of crap shoot, when there are plenty of quality US made choices that shoot and function very well that dont have the same track record of failing that CVA and Traditions do. JMO YMMV

TC had Sharron barrels expoding back in the 70's. They stopped it fast, but it still happened, same with Colt.

No personal stake, Ive put more rounds through CVA guns than "and im just taking a good guess" the cva people themselves.

My CVA's will average a good 1,200- 2,000 rounds EACH per year. One rifle alone 2 years ago had almost 3600 rounds through it.

The TC Encore platform is the worse yet with all their issues with barrel lock up problems, hinge pins, lock up springs and the entire TC muzzy line up with their shoddy QLA barrels that will not shoot conicals until you but the QLA off or save the trouble and swap it out for a Bergara barrel.

check this out www.bellmtcs.com this guy makes a living, fixing encores.

A couple of points I'd like to make, then you can go back to buying/shooting your foreign made POS:

1)PLENTY of the lawsuits are recent. ALL of them are REAL. It has been going on for A VERY LONG TIME.

2)I've been dogging CVA for 20 years and up until about 1.5 yrs ago I did not know who Randy Wakeman was. I have still NEVER visited his website(if he has one) nor have I EVER read a single thing he has ever written. EVER. I am completely unfamiliar with the man, and only know his name from when I rip on CVA and some poor CVA owner brings it up. You can rest assured, my opinions are all MY OWN.

3) I don't buy T/Cs either, and remain unimpressed with anything they have ever made. That said, I would buy 10000 of them before I would buy a CVA.

4) Except for the Acura, every CVA made looks like a complete abortion gone awry. Much like T/C centerfires. But that is not the reason I don't buy them.

5) Spanish steel SUCKS. Don't believe me? Ask someone in the industry who actually knows of what they are talking about. Bergara? Really? Please. It seems in recent times that the clueless of the shooting world have come to believe that if a barrel comes with a name, it must be good. Some know better.

6) I buy made in USA products whenever possible. Cars, firearms, knives, tools, boots, etc. The fact that the American made muzzleloaders also happen to be of higher quality than Traditions/CVA is just more icing on the cake.

Keep buying your junk, I'll support Americans and buy "the good stuff".......

Bellm did a test on cva steel, its equal to Winchester you dork LOL.

In the older days yes it was very soft, CVA has come a looooong way since those guns.

You should stay out of conversations that you havent a clue about.

Have fun with your jamming AR.

I've forgotten more about guns than you will ever know, son.

Bellm? who's he? Another paid expert? Is he a metallurgist? Sorry, I like to form my own thoughts.

Let me guess, this Wakeman guy is an idiot cuz he doesn't agree with you and is paid by the wrong side, but this Bellm guy is an expert because he does agree with you, defends your foreign made POS, and is paid by the right side. Am I close?? LMAO.

Yeah, CVA has come real long way. Check out the dates on the lawsuits
crazy.gif

WTH are you talking about an AR? Low IQ huh??

Have fun with your JUNK. Arguing with the clueless has long ago lost it's appeal......

Originally Posted By: catwhackerOriginally Posted By: RockyMtnHunterhave fun with your little jamming black toys that don't shoot.

That's funny right there!!

Thats what I was thinking looking at my Dtech

Thank you for the link to that stuff 2much. Yes, some of the cases are newer, however most are around the 10yrs old. Also, was the jack wagon that had the gun loading properly? Along with the rest of the obvious questions. No doubt sounds like they had some issues. It would aslo seem they have them worked out. I have had two Traditions and have been around CVAs for a while. I have never had any issues with them and have had them shooting good groups. The knights are nice too.

Like what was said though- I buy from personal preference and experience- not the flavor of the month. I dont care who makes it, if the price is right and it works proeprly- Im going to buy it.

BTW, I have seen three Bergera barrels (M/L) shoot now. All have brought excellent accuracy and one is steadily shooting 150grs of 777 through it. Clueless? No sir, I am not. Buying based on preference and performance that I HAVE SEEN AND EXPERIENCED? Yes sir, I am....

Last edited:
Yes, saying that they have had "some issues" is putting it mildly.

For myself, given the fact that they are foreign made, and their horrific track record, I would never even think of buying one. Whomever designs the stocks needs a slap upside the head also.

Lots of people have cheap products that work. But it's just a matter of time before they get one that doesn't. Firearms are not the product to roll the dice on........

Back