why so much hate for the .204 but not the .17?

Clayton86

Just last season I started going with this group in my area that runs hounds for them fox, coyote, coon, bobcat trips as well now and then. When I left for this deployment he had close to 80 coyotes I think just as many fox and over 100 coons all prepped and ready for auction. I asked him how much he gets and his reply was enough to pay for the season and have a big BBQ this summer. I missed out on the BBQ because im here but I'm counting down to get back out there again I love calling but something about them hounds is also just as addicting.

I plan on getting a 17 rem when I get back state side in roughly 6 weeks I'm figuring from what I could pull from my PL this morning lol. He said the "joes" will be happy home before Christmas he then slipped and said the 15th which would give me time for the lest few days of muzzle loader for deer. sorry to kinda rub it in Aaron lol get out there on your R&R I did on mine in August a ground met his maker thanks to a 58gr vmax from my .243 and probably 100lbs worth of keeper large mouth were caught on my R&R.

Originally Posted By: Clayton86Just last season I started going with this group in my area that runs hounds for them fox, coyote, coon, bobcat trips as well now and then. When I left for this deployment he had close to 80 coyotes I think just as many fox and over 100 coons all prepped and ready for auction. I asked him how much he gets and his reply was enough to pay for the season and have a big BBQ this summer. I missed out on the BBQ because im here but I'm counting down to get back out there again I love calling but something about them hounds is also just as addicting.

I plan on getting a 17 rem when I get back state side in roughly 6 weeks I'm figuring from what I could pull from my PL this morning lol. He said the "joes" will be happy home before Christmas he then slipped and said the 15th which would give me time for the lest few days of muzzle loader for deer. sorry to kinda rub it in Aaron lol get out there on your R&R I did on mine in August a ground met his maker thanks to a 58gr vmax from my .243 and probably 100lbs worth of keeper large mouth were caught on my R&R.

We used to run hounds for coyotes as kid . It was awesome . One race could last all day. I'd probably do it in Oklahoma , but I don't quite have the many square miles of private land access that I had when I was a kid either. We will run greyhounds every now and then, but races don't usually last nearly as long. Greyhounds are fun , but they aren't the same.

Anyway, I have 15 days coming in Decemeber. A week of that will be spent in a cabin my wife found over near Eureka Springs ,Ar.. Might bring a flyrod . After our week stay, I might try to get a calling stand or two in.

Back