optic 4 ar, need input

barrelslime

I have an Stag ar ordered in 6.8spc. My use for this gun will be close to 150 yards max. I dont have a ton of knowledge about scopes so I need some input. I want something durable, dont need a ton of magnification, budget is 400.00. I hunt mostly small wood lots and in thick cover at times. I mostly use my shotgun for this type of hunting but JUST HAD TO HAVE AN AR. I have other long range guns, and if i am hunting the wide open will take another gun. So any help would be appriciated.
Tom

I would mount an Eotech on it personally. Sounds like you will need something to get you on target pretty quick and there ain't many things quicker than an AR with a red dot on it. I'd shop around for a used one, see them all the time that'll fit your budget.

Good luck,
Steve

I really think a low power, 1-4 or 1.5-5 would be about right for your needs. I run a VX3 1.5-5 Illuminated scope on my AP4 .308 and really like it. I use it in the woods and the field. Even at 5x, there's still plenty of power for shots on whitetails and yotes out past 300 yards.

Back