First time out with the Burris Eliminator III out to 1000 yards

Originally Posted By: xphunterDid some antelope hunting with the 6.5 and the new Elim 3.
Here is a short video for your viewing pleasure:

awesome shooting .............

He was an older buck who had been doing some fighting.
AntelopeHunt10-12Day192.jpg

I am wondering what the long-term durability will be with a hard-recoiling rifle. The scope is neat, but I am more concerned about whether or not it will hold up during a tough hunt.

What cartridge are you thinking about?
Originally Posted By: sbhooperI am wondering what the long-term durability will be with a hard-recoiling rifle. The scope is neat, but I am more concerned about whether or not it will hold up during a tough hunt.

Did you get your E-3 yet?
Originally Posted By: bfr4570Mine will be here Monday
lol.gif
Going to have a new toy. Just got the wait on Chuck for the gun now.

I got it played with it a little. Work and hunting getting in the way.

Got the shim so Im going to mount it on my 284. Until Chuck gets done with the 7mm.

At our annual Church Steel Shoot I had a college girl use my 6.5x47L with the E-3 and she took 3rd place out of 17 shooters with it, and then a couple of days later before we picked up the steel, the guys played around at 775 yards. A high school student (Colter) was using the 6.5 with the E-3.

Good shooting.
So after you are dialed in do you shoot for the stands upright post...lots of holes in that so I have to ask natuaraly......:)

Nope
Originally Posted By: 5spdGood shooting.
So after you are dialed in do you shoot for the stands upright post...lots of holes in that so I have to ask natuaraly......:)

Ernie,

I really enjoyed the videos. Thank you for taking the time to capture them and to post them. I have been intrigued by this E-3. I really like it.

Irish

Nice shootin reverend!

Have you noticed any issues with the range finding capability? Meaning, can you range animals at those distances without any issues?

Back