Review of 450 bushmaster

The biggest "problem" I see with the .450 Bushmaster is that it's a handgun on steroids. The 0.452" pistol bullets required for the Bushmaster just aren't up to snuff with what I'd want out of big bore rifle. Sure, it's a great hog gun, and it'd make a dandy deer rifle, but for either of those game, there are much better offerings in the AR platform than the .450 Bush. When I throw a 250-300grn pill at something, I expect that it should be able to get the job done on pretty much anything on the planet. A pistol bullet, however, will not. The same mass and energy behind a rifle bullet, now you've really got something.

Now, had they bored the .450bush for .458" rifle bullets, I'd be singing a different tune. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with the .458 Socom instead.

The 450 is gaining in popularity, I feel someone is gonna make some tougher bullets sooner or later. There are a few pretty good ones now, just not enough yet. I LOVE my 450 and plan on lots of experimentation. You can, size .458s to .452 if you wanted to go that route. I might try it later on.

I've had mine for a couple years and I love it! It is one of my most accurate ARs. If you want different bullets you can always swage 458 bullets.

Back