Ever hear of Prairie Dog Fishing?

Varmint Al

mainpic.jpg

Prairie Dog Fishing Tournament.

Here is the link: http://www.freedomnet.cnchost.com/pdf/pdft.htm

Read the part about how to fish for Prairie Dogs. It is a hoot. The finish without a landing net is described. Also check out the Prairie Dog Recipies.

However, I think there is a much better way to thin out the prairie dogs. Fishing by casting lead/copper weights.

Looks like fun, only other place I've heard of it is on your site Al,
Kinda crazy 'flailing the dog', sounds like somthin dirty,

P.S.
Al, did you ever get an email from me about rockchucks in CA?? If not mabe I'll just post it here..

Was this site producted by the same guys that did the "Eat your Pet" (Or some name very similar) website? Looks and feels sorta serious but just a little over the top in every way.

Funny stuff but an eye catcher.

little joe, My email has been messed up lately. I recently got DSL and my old email address is difficult for me to read. I have also setup my web site to handle email and it appears to be working now.

I have seen marmonts in some of the high mountains. They appear to like elevations above 9,000 ft. There are a few near Moniter Pass and there are some 4WD roads into the area. Surprisingly, there are even some of the large CA ground squirrels there too, but not too many.

When we used to go backpacking, we would see marmonts at the high lakes, all the way up to 12,000 ft. This was down near Mt Whitney, but that was in a park.

Thats about all I know about the rock chucks or marmonts. Loads of ground squirrels in Central CA, though. But, you have to get access because most of them are on private land.

Thanks Al,
that is about all I have seen also, just not to many of them. the Squirrel spots for me are slowly getting better, I am finding more thanks to your advise, there sure have been a bunch of them this spring, so far, so I am getting some shooting. Thanks again

My brother says when he was in college in Texas that some of the landowners would not let hunters in to shoot because they had too much fun fishin for the dogs he says they were addicted to it.Was very funny all the old dudes with fishing poles coolers umbrellas and such set up in the middle of a pasture. Said there were some very funny looks taken.I can just see the dog flailin makes a very funny mental image

Hunted prairie dogs down in Hobbs, NM last Sept with Bozowise. He told me they do it with small trebles hooks so they don't come off easy, and that marshmallows wuz good bait.

When I was a kid, I did this very thing with 13 stripped ground squirrels. (gophers)

It was great fun. Brings back tons of memories. Thanks Varmint Al.

Randy

Back