Traditional scope vs ACOG

bigdaddy590

I recently came into a TA01 ACOG in a trade. I'm not sure if its for me or not. I'm pretty use to my traditional hunting scopes. Anyone else use an ACOG for bustin varmints? Here are pics both with my trad and Acog on the same rifle.

P1010448.jpg

47FB65F5-3458-4915-A02B-686C9AFDBF56-178-00000016EA21AA25.jpg

Originally Posted By: mnblasterif 4x meets your hunting requirments it is nearly a perfect low light scope. The exit pupil size of 8mm is ideal. Why is that?

I have several ACOG's and Trijicon Accu Points. I don't like to hunt with the ACOG's as much as the Accu Points becasue at my age I do need some magnification.

ACOG's are very tough and light. If you still have good eyes and can settle for 4 or 6 power I would hunt with the ACOG. I still use my ACOG if I know I am setting up in an area where the shot will be no more than 150-200 yards (due to my vision).

All in all no matter which product you choose it is very hard to beat the quality of a Trijicon. You will only cry once if you try a Trijicon Accu Point or the ACOG.

Originally Posted By: bigdaddy590 Maybe ill try it on a few more hunts before I get rid of it.

Oh fo sho!

I was thinking about going to one this season too or at least a red dot. I normally use a 3-9 scope and not once have I ever turned the power up while hunting.

Back