Input on rifle build

Clayne_B

I just cleared it with the wife, I will have 2k to spend on a complete rifle. I already have my scope picked out so I will have 1200 to spend on rifle, base, rings, trigger ect....

I want a .308 with a detachable magazine, 5-10 round.

Goals / Purpose of use... To have a high quality long range rifle (200-800yards) for hunting / local competitions.

Thanks for any input

Contact travis at R-Bros Rifles in Wa. he builds very nice guns, he built me a 7mm STW last year thing is a work of art and shoots great.

Picked up a rifle today, and threw some stuff on it.

1013121312a-1.jpg

Throw a stock on it and look at cdi bottom metal. A decent scope. The sps is a good rifle. Probably a rifle basic trigger too. I have a stock for sale that's been inletted for cdi metal if interested

Last edited:

1013121136.jpg

Then found a 20 min rail for it

1013121613.jpg

1013121613a.jpg

Need to take a pic of it with the rail and the scope...

Shoot it at 100 yards, with some cheap PPU 168gr ammo

1013121905.jpg

The trigger SUCKS, the bullet hole in the right was ME

Here is the trigger pull weight

1013122054b.jpg

8 pounds 3/4oz.

Last edited:
Of its an XMark trigger it can be worked quite nicely. I haven't tried the XMark pro yet, but have seen a few bad reviews. A respring and adjustment would make a world of differance.

I don't knew where all this nonsense about Remington's needing a bunch of work to shot well started. My bone stock sendero shoots really well. I'd say for a stock factory trigger and SPS stock you have an excellent shooter there. Nice work!

Went out and shot it at 935 yards today, only had 7 rounds left, hit it twice. Did not know the rang while shooting, had to leave a car where we shot from and range back to it lol.

Video edited out misses to save time

Originally Posted By: MPFDI don't knew where all this nonsense about Remington's needing a bunch of work to shot well started. My bone stock sendero shoots really well. I'd say for a stock factory trigger and SPS stock you have an excellent shooter there. Nice work!

I always sorta considered the Sendero's a cut above the standard Remmy's. I haven't seen to many that didn't shoot well. Something just ain't the same in the Sendero's.

I have a factory 700 BDL in .243 that shoots just as well. I have Savage's as well as 700's and have model 70's in the family. I won't condemn any of these brands, they have all treated me really well.

Don't get me wrong, but you have the SPS,ADL,BDL,and CDL.Then you have the VSSF and Sendero, then the SEVEN and finally the custom shop.

Went out and did some shooting at 200 yards, cross wind of 20-30 mph. shot 42, 42.5, 43, 43.5 gr of Varget pushing a 168gr sierra matchking.

This was the best one 43.5 gr I would like to think the flyer was me... on inch with out it.

its a start i guess....

435gr200yards.jpg

No issues here, that looks pretty reasonable here. Follow Shane advise on the trigger and it will get a lot better. If you want to get a B&C stock look on Gunbroker, they are pretty decent priced on that site. Continue shooting it, she will get better promise.

Get a better stock and learn how to properly drive that rifle. Not sure who said it on the video about being able to spot.your own shots because of the distance. With proper form you should be able to spot your shot at any distance especially with a 308.

I just loaded 50 168gr A-max with 43gr varget. 15 thousands off the lands. well see how they shoot this weekend.

Looks alot longer then Remington 150gr elcheapo ammo

1024122048a-1.jpg

Back