Why on Monday Night? For a Debate?

Watched it over on C-Span reruns a couple times. Callers added some interesting input, many found O did a fantastic job and he is clearly the leader we need. I found it interesting however, that most of those that found him a superior leader, spoke with obvious black or Mexican accent. With exception to one young white female, who must have had a bad cold judging by the way she was sniffling throughout her interview!

The one I found most interesting of all however, was the one moron that said we didn't need a businessman leading the country, we need a politician. Then there were several that were very proud of the fact that Obama had helped them to their entitlements. One elderly lady stated that her doctor was already stating he wasn't going to be able to see her any longer as her medicare wasn't going to pay her bill, just like Romney had stated last debate; she wasn't an Obama fan at all.

As for debate itself, it was almost laughable. Obviously someone reigned Obama in shortly into it. He was argumentative at first, interupting Romney repeatedly, playing much the same asanine grin and argue game Biden did with Ryan. Didn't take long before he eased up on that considerably. When he sat there and argued that he hadn't apologized to any other countries for the US being the US, I'm pretty sure my blood pressure was up there with Centurion's. What a crock of BS.

C-Span's poll claims Obama took it, but that only means more Obama fans logged in to comment on it, nothing scientific there. I think the republicans are kinda fed up with the debates and favoritism being cast Obama's way at every turn by the media. It wasn't quite as blatant this time, but the debate was obviously loaded against Romney again. Reporters are already commenting on Romney being asked loaded "what if" questions that weren't reality based toward the end, while those questions weren't presented to Obama.

I managed to watch the first exchange. Romney seemed to punt and Cabana boy ran it back patting himself on the back for freeing Mohamar's people. I got sick of hearing his lies immediately and went to bed.

it was a feisty debate. obama loses points for all the interruptions, not supposed to do that & you come across as small & petty for it. but he was there, awake & engaged, so he gets points for that.

I judge his foreign policy based on how well it's working, and mostly I just don't see that it is. He's not viewed as a strong leader, Putin could keep him for a pet. The ME is on fire, we had an embassy destroyed by an AQ offshoot, with the ambassador & 3 others murdered, + 1 other american assassinated (the head of security at the embassy in Yemen), Iran progresses towards weapons grade uranium, etc. So no, I don't see me wanting to continue what he's been doing for 4 more years in this area any more than I do domestically.

Bottom line for me is that while he debated well, the reality is a fail.

Mitt did well, but he missed a lot of opportunities. I wanted to see him really press on the cover up of the Benghazie attack, for example. But he came across as presidential, serious, someone that you could see in the office with the responsibility.

Both of them managed to loop back to the domestic economy a lot, considering the debate was on foreign policy.

Back