Best .308 Varmint Ammo

killrabbits

I shoot rabbits with my .223 with Black Hills 50g Vmax Moly and it just blows em up. I just got a new Armalite Ar-10t carbine in .308 what would be the most explosive and accurate ammo to blow up rabbits and pdogs with in .308??

Thanks
Dan

Id put my money on the lightest and fastest bullet ,,,say the 110 gr hornady Vmax or sierra 110 gr HP.

I've had a really tough time finding 110 grain factory loaded ammo in 308. Do you know of anywhere on the net that sells it?

Thanks
Dan

Hornady 110 TAP or CorBon 125gr HP's would be your best bet in factory ammo. However, these may not be 100% in your semi-auto. Have to check them out to see. How does that Armalite shoot?

Hey Killrabbits,

I'd just use the ammo that grouped the best in a .308 that may be the 175 SMK for long range shooting. Because after all accuracy is the ultimate goal but you would have to figure out what shot the best all around ballistic coefficient and most accurate.

Chuck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad to here that. I have never had much luck with Armalite's. I have the new DPMS 308's and they are awesome!! About 5-600 cheaper too. Let me know what you find out with these loads if you can find them.

Back