Weaver Classic V 2-10x38

Update on my Weaver warranty issue. Got a call from a nice gentleman who emailed me a return authorization and hopefully they can get my scope back pretty quick... we shall see.

Originally Posted By: venaticUpdate on my Weaver warranty issue. Got a call from a nice gentleman who emailed me a return authorization and hopefully they can get my scope back pretty quick... we shall see.

Hope it all works out well for you! Keep us posted.

I have 3 of these scopes that I have received through a series of trades. Not trying to start an argument, but not sure why everyone is so in love with these scopes. I don't care for them myself, although they are an okay scope. The ones I have are all Japanese made, and I'd sell them if anyone is interested.

Just wanting to update everyone & say that I have my very 1st ever Weaver scope in my possession tonight. It is a new Classic V 2-10x38 like I had mentioned earlier in this thread. Just got through mounting it on top of my new to me Remmy LVSF. My first impressions of this scope are that it is pretty good glass for the price point. Although, I have not had it outdoors yet & the true test will be when I get to shoot it off the bench and see how well she tracks.

My whole goal for this rifle/scope combo was to keep it lightweight. I set the Weaver in some Talley Lightweights & feel that I have succeeded 100%. It will make a great carry/calling rifle!
thumbup1.gif

Just to keep things real ... I do notice two small things about this particular scope that I did read about in some of the reviews. When looking through it, there tends to be a black ring completely around the entire outer edge of the sight picture. I'm thinking it is the internals of the scope itself, but not sure. It doesn't seem to bother me, but it is there and I just wanted to mention it. If my target remains clear & this scope tracks well ... I will be completely satisfied, especially with what little investment it was compared to other manufactures similar models. Also, this is nothing about the scope itself but it is a first for me. It did not come with any lens caps for when it's not in use. Just wanted to mention it.

I will continue to keep everyone updated as I get some range time with it.
grin.gif

I wanted to update my situation /issue with the WEAVER scope I had that the elevation knob broke.
I did get a phone call on 9/25/12 and they gave me a return authorization and I received my scope back in hand on 10/19/2012 repaired and it looks fine and seems to be functioning properly. So once I got them they did a great job of taking care of business.

Back