Best public land in Wyoming

rocktire

I am trying to plan a trip to coyote hunt Wyoming later this winter. I am in the beginning planning stages and thought this would be a good place to start. Feel free to comment with your opinions of the best places to call coyotes in Wyoming and when is the best time to go. Also if there are things I might need to know about that area, regulations etc please let me know.

You dont need any license for coyotes in WY.
Best places....well those are top secret ya know, but in reality they can be great one month and be deserted the next.
It depends on where you are headed in general. Pick up some BLM maps and look for blue state/yellow BLM and you are set. Lots of state/BLM is landlocked, so just make sure that they are touching the public roads.

Just look for public lands outside of the beer drinking distances from most towns and you will have some luck. Often times locals will go out and harass or shoot from the county roads any coyotes they see, so just move a bit further out.

Leaving next week for some elk hunting and calling if the elk hunting goes good. I will try and send you a pm when I get back and let you know how it goes

Personally, I think right out behind the post office is one of the best places to hunt big bucks. There is a stump about sticking out like a sore thumb, you can't miss it. Sit with your back to the stump facing north. I would highly suggest using a suppressor. The first time I hunted there the lady that runs the post office got a little upset saying my shot caused her to spill her coffee on some mail. I have killed four B&C bucks there. Go ahead and kill ya a couple but just don't tell everybody about the spot please.

This is a story I heard up in northern WI. A rube from IL came into the bar the night before opening deer season and asked if anyone would give him some directions to a good place to hunt. Well the first guy at the bar suggested he head out to the highway and find one of the big yellow signs showing a buck jumping over the highway, head back into the woods and find a stump to sit on and wait. The rest of the bar.sat there listening and then chimed in either telling the guy that was.pretty good info or chiding the fellow bar mate for giving away the secret place.

The next night the rube from IL came back to the bar and everyone cringed at the thought of the tongue lashing they were going to get for the prank they pulled. Surprisingly the guy bought the bar a round of beers and thanked them for putting him on the biggest buck of his life.

It is plausible, the bar is next door to my sister's house, used to serve a great fish fry.

Back