Custom Knife makers

Ricky Bobby

Could you folks be so kind and provide myself & possibly others interested with a list of some of the better or maybe most desireable custom knife builders?

I have never had the pleasure of owning a custom knife, but if the opportunity ever presents itself I would like to know where to begin my search.

Thanks!
smile.gif

I've had quite a few customs over the years but the first two I would recommend giving a consideration would be Bob Dozier and Gene Ingram. The Winston's and Rick Meneffee along with Charley May deserve a real hard look also.

Dave McCrosky doesnt do all the fancy stuff to his knives but they are scary sharp. I am hoping for another big overtime run so I can have the extra cash for another of his

There are so many excellent custom knife makers out there, a list would be pretty long. It would be helpful to narrow things down if you have an idea of what you are looking for in a knife. Folder, hunter, bowie, fighter, etc? Working finish, finely finished, wall hanger? That kind of stuff would be helpful for suggestions.

-Forger

Like Forger said, there are so many top quality makers in the World, it's hard to name only a few.

This site has pieces from many of the top makers in the World, but also a wide variety of lesser known makers and several types of high quality customs and production knives.

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/

A buddy of mine makes really nice custom knifes. They are expensive and he is typically 2 years behind on orders. I have been in his shop several times. Everything is done by hand but he does use large WWII vintage milling machines to get the basic shape then does all the fine work by hand.

I have 2 of his knifes with rivets in them. He now only makes the more expensive integral (machined from one piece of steel) knifes where the blade itself is one piece with no rivets. It took me 8+ years of skinning deer cutting into bone and through knuckles etc to finally take the edge off one of his knifes. He resharpens his knifes for free.

http://www.edmunddavidson.com/

There are many great custom knifemakers out there. I would suggest visitng a lot of the web sites and deciding what style you personally like. Then go from there, you will find a lot of the makers have a long backlog. But as suggested Arizona Custom Knives have many knives in stock with no wait.

Jim that is a great looking knife by Ryan. Kinda wish I hadn't seen it
grin.gif

I just swapped some knife scales with him last night......

Ryan Arrington's knives are awesome. I have one already, and he is in the process of making me another one. That one I have is like a razor blade, sharp as all get up. You ought to see the one that he carries on his belt with him, SWEET!!!!!!!!
Look him up, trapper2 on here. Drop him a PM, he is a great guy to talk too.

I don't have a pic handy but I have several from a custom knife man here in Ga and I cannot express in words what a fantastic fella he is. Scott Davidson Solid Rock knives, I'd put his work and price range up against any in this country. There's a great number of fine knives makers here in Ga and most can be found in the home made goods section of GONforum.com

Last edited:
thanks guys, 2muchgun, i havent used the wood yet but am looking forward to it. richie, you should be getting a call in a week or so

JP Miller, Fairbanks, Iowa. Makes some nice stuff, high carbon steel, cable damascus,etc. Modern designs as well as period type stuff for history buffs.

Back