Spent the last weekend hunting with Tom Austin of Predator Strikeforce.

BAMIT

I spent Fri.-Mon. of last week hunting with Tom and all I can say is AWESOME. The country he has to run in is some of the most spectacular country I have ever been in. The trip was a scouting-kill coyotes if we see em trip, our goal was to learn about the wolves that inhabit some of his area and see if we could get on em. He called and asked me what I was doing and when he said wolves I was in. We hunted hard for three days, looking for wolf sign and then if it looked good for coyotes we would set up and call. We killed four coyotes on film and had a few more downwind and backdoor us but all in all it was the country and the company I was impressed with. I have never shared a stand with Tom and I am so glad I made the trip, he knows his country and he knows how to get after the predators...We learned alot about wolves and saw the most awesome country I have ever had a chance to blow a call in....We will learn how to get on those big ones every time, but till then the coyotes are fun entertainment in between those times. If you want to hunt some awesome country, and spend time with a real Pro-he is a guide in absolutely the best country I have ever called in, give Tom a call or look up Predator Strikeforce you will be glad you did....He may have some pics he can add but we were mainly videoing so I dont know how many actual pics we have....look for a FOXPRO webisode coming soon. Thanks, Al

Would have liked to see you get a Wolf on film. Al you going to make the youth hunt this year? I will be there, I am team #1. It is my daughters last year.

18Gcc.jpg

it is almost one year ago to the day that I got a chance to go out and hunt with Tom and I enjoyed it so much I came home and started earning money for my next trip out right away!!

I know it's early notice, but Tom Austin has agreed to be a guest on The Coyote Hunting Today Podcast. His episode is scheduled to be recorded in late November and air in early December. Stay tuned for a great show with Tom Austin! We will dive into more about a day in the life of Predator Strikeforce.

We really did have a great time. There's nothing like sharing stands with family and a three time world champ. Thanks for coming Al. Can you believe we only took one pic? We're idiots... I smashed the first coyote on film at 180 yards with my SD LR .260 Rem. Al called up a double and killed them both with his new SD 6.5 Grendell. One at 70 yards and one at 150. Then Dan got a crack at a coyote that I called in to 80 yards and shot it with the .308 Win. Why the big calibers? We were hunting wolves, remember and decided to make a few stands for coyotes. It was good fun.

Here's Dans (Bro-in-law) first Montana coyote.
30772_457639690946541_401966339_n.jpg

Sounds like fun.

How long is the Wolf season, and do they have a limit to the number of "take" like some states have for bear tags?

Allen

Idaho's wolf season has a harvest objective. Once the quota has been reached, the area will close for the season. If no quota is reached, most areas close March 31st.

Back