Nikon AR mount

Hooked

The mount that has some angle built into it, anyone use one? Kind of curious about the benefits of having that angle built in, or if would actually be a disadvantage if you had a scope with dials, and planned on shooting farther distances?
The way I see it, if it points your scope slightly downward you would be having to dial more correction. No?
Just curious,trying to help a friend with set up of his new upper.

I believe they make with no angle built in as well. Unless I was into 1,000 yard shooting, I can't see needing the angle built into the mount. As far as being a disadvantage, I can't see why other than perhaps having to set your adjustments at the lower end for closer range shooting.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
I just figured the MOA that was built in, (on the cantilever mount) was sloped downward to compensate for the height of the scope when mounted on an AR; not sure now after reading the linked article. I`ll have to investigate that Nikon mount a little more.
I think that friend of mine is going to end up taking my RRA mount for keeps, and also buying a Burris for his other upper...anyone ever feel guilty for passing on the `black rifle disease` ?
grin.gif

It has 20moa built into it to accomadate the nikon m-223 line of scopes with 600 yard bdc or 600 yard turrets so you dont run out of elevation adj.

Last edited:
Back