"VP Debate

KYOTIKID

I have watched most of the "debate".Could not stand to watch it any more.That old SOB VP has diarrhea of the mouth and will not let Ryan speak,respond or get a word in.The moderator isn't doing a very good job of letting each person have equal time--typical news media.

Old Joe , kicked Eddie Munster in the nuts real hard . I felt sorry for him , he looked like a 5 year old girl that just crapped in her new dress. lol

I thought I had tuned into Saturday Night Live instead of the real debate .
Looked to me like Ryan outclassed Biden all the way through in spite of the moderator .

Biden was a disrespectful idiot. You don't beat someone in a debate by constantly interrupting and smirking while spouting out every thought in his liberal mind like bouts of diarrhea. That definitely confirmed what an idiot he is.

I thought Joe looked terrible.Smirking and laughing when it did not fit the situation.He came across as a typical overbearing dem.Rude.Just a rude old man.He just plain lied about the death of the ambassador but I guess you could not expect him to say they were asked for security several times and turned them down resulting in their death.He stuck to the game plan of blaming anyone else but him and O for everything that has gone wrong.Not taking any blame for anything and smirking about it,typical.Ryan acted like a man,joe acted like a man with dirty hands,caught at it and smirking as if to say to the people ,we are above everyone else,you can't do anything about it.

If the body language of each of the four debaters were played side by side with no sound and interpreted by an expert in body language I would like to know his interpretations.

Typical lib/dem intolerance of any others beliefs or thoughts. Not spirited debate just plain interruptive and rude.
I thought Ryan more than held his own against a career politician with debate experience. And he done it respectfully!

I feel it was a good play by the mod to bring up lybia right away so you were more likely to forget what was said. Only time I felt like she wasn't on biden's side was when it came to removing the surge troops to early in Afganistan.

I agree.The moderator was clearly trying to help joe.I am sure millions of people saw that as well.That may not play well,as you said froze,Ryan had two debaters to overcome,and did pretty well.

Biden stepped on his dick tonight. This will further damage the Dem chances. Americans have responded overwhelmingly that they are tired of all the attack ads and disrespect going on between the camps. And slow joe just ramped it up. He has demonstrated once again that he is incompetent. I told my wife that tonight made me realize that while I despise barry, I despise joe even more. I would not have been able to prevent myself from knocking that jerk on his azz. This will come back to haunt the Dems over the next few days. Ryan was respectful of the obviously looney old fart, in fact I would liked to have seen him ramp it up more. Although I'm sure he was warned against that by his handlers. The bottom line is this will likely not move any undecideds. Their will not be a change or movement in the polls. I would give Ryan a very slight edge on the night. He seemed to improve his performance in the last 15-20 min of the debate. His dilemma was the fact that he faced 2 opponents tonight. The moderator was heavily biased toward slow joe. 82 times joe interrupted Ryan, yes we counted, and she never once stopped him. When Ryan made an attempt to interrupt she stopped him and changed the subject. Slow joe told several bold faced lies which will be illuminated over the next few days by the pundits. I can clearly recall watching Presidential debates clear back to Kennedy/ Nixon and have never seen such a disrespectful display by any candidate like tonite. Again slow joe screwed things up for Maobama.

ETA: Fact checkers are ALREADY publishing Joes lies.
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/...nghazi_security

Last edited:
Biden was trying to cover for Obama staring at the floor to often last week. Obama was seen as too passive in the first debate, Biden was trying to appear more aggressive. He over-played that role however and came off as an argumentative rude liberal, trying to argue that his position was the only position.

I would likewise expect to see Obama be argumentative in the next debate, but I still think Romney's going to clean his clock. I think Romney probably has a forceful side as well, he'll be tougher to rattle, and he doesn't have to argue his failed record as president.

Overall assessment of Ryan... He did really well. He refused to let Biden rattle him, more or less told him he was lying to the people and pointed out where, flat told him his mouth was moving but the words weren't coming out straight, made more sense of the numbers, pointed out and reasserted, the country is not headed in the right direction, Obama made lots of promises and has broken all of them, we cannot continue on the current path! Joe thinks everything is all hunky-dory proving once again he truly is an idiot!! Sat there saying all of the 23 tax increases in Obamacare weren't going to affect the middle class, when Ryan pointed out 12 of the 23 are aimed directly at the middle class.

Republicans 2 -- Democrats 0

Proverbs 29:9

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man,
The foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.

That's a good one, AZ. I don't remember ever reading that
thumbup1.gif

Due to some friendly interaction with the neighbors, I had recorded the debate and just finished watching it...

I was really disappointed in the lack of format on the part of the Moderator...There were little, if any, adherence to a time schedule for each speaker...Answers to questions were not kept on topic from the get go..The VP was allowed to ramble on about subjects that were away from topic/questionn..

I expected little from Biden in the way of substance and was not disappointed in his performance..His interruptions of Ryan was inexcusable...At least Ryan asked permission to rebut some of Biden's statements...

There were a couple of items that came up where Biden seemed to catch Ryan off guard, especially when it came to the Stimulus Fund distribution and his request for some to his home state,,,I don't think Ryan was prepared for that..

All in all, the whole thing was pretty much a disappointment to me...

Welcome To The Joe Biden Lie Detector

Welcome to the Joe Biden Lie Detector - we'll be updating this post throughout the debate and the aftermath. You can also follow along on Twitter for updates and spin-off debates by searching for #BidenLieDetector.

5:00 p.m EDT

Long before the Vice Presidential debate began, the Obama campaign tried to smear Rep. Paul Ryan as a liar. It's a "low-rent" tactic, an attempt to avoid debate--and a lie in itself, since Ryan is one of the most honest politicians in America. It's also a classic case of psychological projection--since Vice President Biden has been a master of malarkey his whole life, and lied his way through the 2008 debate against Gov. Sarah Palin.

Tonight, Biden has promised to do better. He told reporters yesterday that he would not say "anything in the debate that's not completely accurate." So, we're going to hold Uncle Joe to that 100% standard. Stay tuned.

7:55 p.m. EDT

The Obama campaign has been sending fundraising e-mails all day describing Paul Ryan as dishonest and touting Joe Biden's truth-telling--all while subtly lowering expectations for the debate. The latest one, sent under Joe Biden's own name, begins as follows:

Friend --

I told Barack I have one mission tonight: tell the truth and stand up for what we believe in.

Our side is always going to win when we do that.

It continues:

I can't predict if Paul Ryan will follow Mitt Romney's lead tonight, hiding and flat-out denying their unpopular ideas, or if he'll come prepared to have a real debate about where this country should go.

Trust me, I'm ready for anything, but I can't do this alone....

One of the reasons President Barack Obama lost last week's debate was that Gov. Mitt Romney called him out on the Obama campaign's lie about Romney's "$5 trillion" tax cut. But it's Romney and Ryan who are the liars?

More than an hour to go until the debate--and Biden's lying already.

9:07 p.m. EDT

Biden turns a question on Libya into an answer on Iraq and Afghanistan. He attacks Romney for saying that we should have left 30,000 troops in Iraq. That was roughly Obama's position in the 2008 campaign. His abrupt decision to pull all troops out--after the collapse of talks with the Iraqi government, in which Biden himself failed in his diplomacy--was against the advice of America's military leaders and was purely political.

9:12 p.m. EDT

Biden says that President Obama has "gone out and repaired out alliances so that the rest of the world follows that again." Tell that to Poland, Libya, the Czech Republic... he follows up that lie with a stark accusation that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan "bet against America all the time."

Challenged by the moderator to explain the Libya debacle, Biden claims that the administration did not know that the attack on the consulate was a terror attack, repeating the administration's false line on Libya. And doing so with conviction.

Ryan calls Biden on his lie about how there were no requests for extra security--though he does not address Biden directly.

9:15 p.m. EDT

Biden lies about Romney and Ryan's position on Iran, saying that sanctions are as strong as they can possibly be (of course they are, if you ignore the waivers for Russia and China, and the fact--alluded to by Ryan--that the administration dragged its feet on sanctions). He states that Romney and Ryan would not do more than the Obama administration--and suggests that they would drag the U.S. into a war.

Responding on Israel, Biden tries to defend Obama's failure to meet Netanyahu, calling Ryan's charge of neglect "a bunch of stuff"--though it is, of course, true.

9:27 p.m. EDT

Biden claims the Obama administration rescued the auto industry, and that Romney said the auto companies should be allowed to go bankrupt. He neglects the fact that the Obama administration, too, took the industry through bankruptcy--after making sure its union friends were well looked after.

Biden also claims the administration passed a "middle class tax cut"--there was no such cut, at least in terms of tax rates, which is how the term "tax cut" is typically understood.

Biden goes after Ryan's "30%" argument--as Breitbart News predicted he would--and leaves out what Ryan actually said. It's an attack by proxy on Romney's "47 percent" remark--and falls rather flat.

9:29 p.m. EDT

The GOP rapid response team replies to Biden's claim that Ryan would have cut funding for embassy security by citing State Department testimony that budgetary constraints had nothing to do with the security deployments in Benghazi. As Ryan said, it was the specific denial of requests for more security personnel that were the problem. Both could also have added that Obama's sequester proposal calls for embassy security cuts.

9:35 p.m. EDT

Biden claims that Ryan and his Republican colleagues helped create the deficit problem by voting for two wars on the "credit card." Biden, of course, voted for both of those wars.

Biden also tries to blunt Ryan's criticism of the stimulus by citing two letters that he wrote in support of grant seekers from his congressional district. He claims that Ryan praised the stimulus program and cited its potential for growth in those letters. There is no evidence that Ryan said any such thing.

9:37 p.m. EDT

Biden claims that Sarah Palin spoke about "death panels" in their Vice Presidential debate in 2008. A quick look at the transcript reveals she did no such thing.

9:41 p.m. EDT

Biden can't handle the truth--he says "there's not one Democrat" that supports Ryan's Medicare reform plan. He denies that Ryan worked with Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) or former Clinton budget director Alice Rivlin. He mutters throughout Ryan's response that they have disavowed Ryan's plan. There is no evidence of that at all.

9:45 p.m. EDT

Biden misrepresents his and Obama's tax plan, citing it as a tax on "millionaires" that would preserve tax cuts for the middle class. Of course, the tax hike would apply to households earning $250,000 or more, which includes many of the people who report small business income as personal income tax, and account for millions of jobs. This is an old lie, and Biden sticks to it.

9:48 p.m. EDT

Not a point on facts, but on style--Biden used his stature well earlier in the debate but appears to be damaging himself with his constant smirks, his interruptions, his chuckles and his general contempt for his opponent. This is a mistake that Al Gore made in 2000, and it's surprising to see Biden doing it here. It's losing the debate for him.

9:51 p.m. EDT

50 minutes into the debate, and Biden has used the word "malarkey" twice at least, by my count. It's the "tell" that indicates who's really lying.

9:57 p.m. EDT

It's getting hard to keep track of the false things Biden says--and the number of true statements by Ryan to which Biden has offered false objections--because of the frequency of his interruptions. The moderator, Martha Raddatz, just teamed up with Biden to prevent Ryan from answering a question about his budget. It was an extraordinary exchange--or harangue--in which Ryan waited for his opponent to stop ranting.

Ryan could win on composure alone.

Biden's behavior may impress the Ed Schultz's of the world, or people who think that he had to compensate for Obama's poor substance last week by coming out with an aggressive style. But Biden has overcompensated, and many of the media comments on Twitter seem very worried about that.

10:01 p.m. EDT

Ryan calls out Biden's false statement that the U.S. succeeding in its primary objective in Afghanistan. This is exactly what CBS News' Lara Logan was talking about earlier this week when she said that the administration was lying about the progress it has made.

10:06 p.m. EDT

Biden is touting the devolution of military responsibility to "trained Afghan personnel" as evidence that the U.S. is succeeding. This is not just a false argument, but a stupid one, because of the striking increase in "green-on-blue" attacks in which those trained Afghan personnel kill our trained American personnel.

10:10 p.m. EDT

Biden says that Romney has not outlined his policy towards Syria, accusing him of offering mere "verbiage." Perhaps he's been too deep into reading Ryan's Young Guns this week to notice that Romney outlined specific policies towards Syria in a special foreign policy address on Monday.

10:15 p.m. EDT

Biden persists with the false claim that Romney and Ryan have not spelled out what they would do differently on foreign policy issues such as Syria. Ryan, exasperated, repeats what he said about refusing to call Syrian dictator Bashar Assad a "reformer" while he is slaughtering his people--and adds, while agreeing with some of what the Obama administration has done, that he would not wait for Russia to give the green light at the UN. Biden's response is that no one is looking to do things through the UN--a blatant lie. The UN is at the center of the Obama administration's foreign policy--on Syria. Libya, and much else besides.

10:19 p.m. EDT

"That is a fact," Biden says, as he concludes his lie about the Obama administration's position on religious institutions being forced to provide insurance to cover conception.

He then adds a line about Ryan supporting a definition of "forcible rape" as opposed to "rape"--an attempt to tie Ryan to Todd Akin in Missouri, and also a lie that we debunked back in August.

10:23 p.m. EDT

Given an opportunity to rise above the negativity of the campaign, Biden merely repeats the Obama machine's attack line--including the lie that Romney and Ryan would not ask the rich to pay their fair share. In fact, the rich already pay a disproportionate amount of tax--disproportionate even to their disproportionate wealth--and yet Romney and Ryan are not lowering their taxes.

10:27 p.m. EDT

Biden attacks Ryan's budgets with a series of lies about the programs and funding that will be cut, as well as tax cuts that he proposes. Ryan points out that his budget does not actually cut government spending, but slows the rate of growth to 3%. He adds that not raising taxes is not the same thing as cutting taxes. Biden uses the line about voting for wars that were not paid for--and Ryan points out, amidst the crosstalk, that Biden voted for those wars.

10:29 p.m. EDT

Biden has complained--for the third or fourth time--that he is not receiving as much time to speak as Ryan. In fact, as CNN's debate clock shows, Biden has had more time--over a minute more, in fact, and he has never had less time than Ryan throughout the debate.

10:34 p.m. EDT

Biden has, once again, lied through a debate--and he has also managed to smirk through it, betraying a contempt for his opponent that is almost disqualifying and that managed to outrage even friendly media.

10:50 p.m. EDT

The media commentary is focusing on two major Biden lies: one, that the Obama administration was never asked for more security in Benghazi (it was, as we now know from testimony to Congress this week); and two, that Obamacare's cuts to Medicare do not cut benefits (they do, as Ryan pointed out in his response).

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/11/Joe-Biden-Lie-Detector

Quote:Joe Biden's Debate Lies on Libya

DANVILLE, KY - Straight out of the gates tonight in Danville, debate moderator Martha Raddatz asked about the ongoing cover-up of the 9/11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya. Vice President Joe Biden immediately started lying about the situation, as the Obama administration and the Obama campaign have done since day one.

1. Biden said extra security was not requested. Documents, State Department cables and Congressional testimony just this week show more security for the consulate in Benghazi was requested as early as March 2012. All three also showed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens received death threats from Al Qaeda in July 2012.

2. Biden repeated the lie that there was a protest outside of the consulate prior to the attack, despite the administration knowing there was no protest and that the attack was an act of terror within 24 hours. Biden, as Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have in the past (remember the CIA prosecutions? remember the prosecutions of Navy SEALs?), threw the intelligence community under the Obama for America bus.

3. Biden accused Ryan of voting against consulate security funding, implying the attack happened as a result. This week, officials closest to the disaster in Libya said funding had nothing to do with the attack in Benghazi on 9/11.

Three strikes on Libya and a deeper hole for the administration to climb out of as a result.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/10/11/joe_bidens_debate_lies_on_libya

Even the libs say slow joe lost

CNN poll hands the debate for RYAN with 48% versus Biden's 44% but commentators say too close to call

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 22:50 EST, 11 October 2012 | UPDATED: 22:51 EST, 11 October 2012

CNN calls victory for Paul Ryan, saying in a post-debate poll that the Republican candidate earned 48 per cent of the vote from debate watchers.

In turn, Vice President Joe Biden was awarded 44 per cent, but anchor Wolf Blitzer was quick to point out that the numbers meant that it was an effectual draw given that the poll comes within the margin of error.

This result comes the same day as polls released by Gallup, Fox News, Monmouth/Survey/USA/Braun and IDB/TIPP each gave Romney a one-point lead while Rasmussen had Obama ahead by the same margin.

The CNN commentators, which included both Republican and Democratic talking heads, all concluded that the debate was an essential tie.

Another way in which the two were basically equal was in their talk time: Biden spoke for 42.32 minutes during the debate while Ryan spoke for 40.12 minutes.

The network broke down the subjects that the battling candidates focused on and showed that while the economy came first while the budget and taxes came in second for Biden, Ryan reversed that listing.

It comes as little surprise that Biden, who was the former chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee before his time in the Obama administration, also talked extensively about the arab world.

Just as telling was that Ryan, known best for his work with budget reforms, dedicatd a portion of his talking time to the topic of entitlements.

Both of the men exceeded expectations, as CNN reported that 55 per cent of respondents felt that Biden did better than expected while 26 per cent thought he did worse, and 19 did just as well as hoped.

Ryan gave a similarly well-received performance, with 51 per cent of respondents decreeing that he did better than expected, 19 per cent thought he did worse, and 28 per cent did just as expected.

CNN viewers thought that Ryan expressed himself more clearly than the Vice President, with Ryan winning 50 per cent compared to Biden's 41 per cent.

One undisputed fact was that Biden frequently interrupted Ryan throughout the debate, and that was taken into account by the viewers who thought that Biden spent 70 per cent of the debate attacking his opposition while Ryan only spent 19 per cent of his time doing so.

In turn, Ryan came across as more likeably with 53 per cent of the viewer's preference as compared to Bident's 43 per cent.

The fact that the CNN poll tipped it's hat towards the Romney-Ryan ticket, it followed the leadership of national polls that came out on Thursday in favor of the Republicans.

Romney currently leads Obama by 0.7 per cent in the Real Clear Politics poll average. Obama led by almost six points in February - before the Republican nomination was decided. His lead dipped to just 0.2 per cent in May and the two candidates were dead level on September 6th.

After September 6th, however, Obama's post-convention poll bounce put him solidly in the lead. Going into the Denver debate, he was 4.3 per cent ahead of Romney. That lead has now been erased.

Sean Trende, Senior Elections Analyst for RCP, that Romney's taking the lead in the RCP average was a 'significant milestone' for him.

'It signifies that somewhere close to 49.25 per cent of the electorate (realistically the number he needs to win, given third parties) is open to voting for him. We didn't have that before.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz293agn6SH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back