Good to be back in the woods

ncmodave

Buddy called and said we had to go calling this morning. We had not been since March. I had corn to shell but we had a little rain and figured we had time to make a few stands. He wanted to hunt at the in-laws were we had a few make fools of us last spring. We made two stands. On the first we used a territorial set and after the secound howl I hear his safty click of the AR. I only took the Bennelli to watch the back door and turn my head to see two yotes crossing the field. He fires and drops one with a 40gr v-max. We retrive him and take pics and head to stand number two. Got almost the same response from a small male. He was comming my way. I thought the Bennelli was going to get its first taste of coyote but a cow with a small calf spooked it. So the 25-06 got the honors. Time to get to work. Finished shelling the last field of corn. Both got to kill a coyote. What a great fall day. [img:center]http://
moto_02982_zpsd906cd18.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
moto_02992_zps0d523f7d.jpg
[/img]

Hey, that's a great day, and you got the corn shelling done as well. I'll bet the shooting part was more fun, however.

Harvest time is my favorite time on the farm but kept thinking about calling all day long. Sure gets in your blood.

Congrats on the dogs with some sweet rigs too ! I know what ya mean about finishing up on the corn, help my Dad whenever I can....... btw what you runnin? John Deere, ..

Back