IN Trappin

REID2168

got my metal out about a month ago and they were abused from last season to say the least
lol.gif

18.jpg

took turns soaking what i have built up and was using in 3 gallons of distilled vinegar and got them back to normal with some manhandling and a wire brush........

19.jpg

then set the turkey cooker to fire and it was on....soaked everything several times as i would do them one night leave them it would rain and get some more rust dust working to get the dye to cling.....

DSC03216.jpg

they came out like a dream after a few soakings and we had BLACKOUT........
thumbup.gif

DSC03222.jpg

DSC03223.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

after that i dipped them all twice in FULL METAL JACKET and they a ready to DO BINESS......GET READY......PERIOD!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
went and set out a couple trail cams tonight that i got some Primos Ultra Blackouts.....took these pics with my phone camera...

first one is some droppings by a exposed concrete pipe with a hole in it.....drop in some bait and lure it up with a flat set in front and we should be in biness....

pipeset2.jpg

this walk thru set my pup is by caught two or three last year...

walkthru1.jpg

heres a pic of the DIRTY HARRY dispatch 22....

Picture012.jpg

im ready to do this.......BET!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
here are a couple a pipe sets im gonna make for coons in about in about 30 days.....first one is an old drain pipe that i know coons go into.....

pipeset3.jpg

the second are two pipes just laying together with the other end blocked up....double set right there for sure...

dblpipe.jpg

also another grass clump pee post flat set im gonna drop in on Monday for some coyotes.....

ppost2.jpg

i am pondering getting myself a dozen or two dogless coon traps and was debating between the Dukes and the Alcatraz and I am leaning towards the Alcatraz.........any opinions apprecaited. thx...REDNECK REID.......
thumbup1.gif

got a nother walk through set ready to go...

heres the walk thru i made........

wt2.jpg

there was another natural walk thru already tere as well that i left and will use urine on as well......they can feel comfy walking thru that one and then may not be as leary of my actual set...

WLKTHRU1.jpg

WTF1.jpg

also the beavers are really working around the lake as u can see from the push up in the photo........

BP1.jpg

my pup on another push up......

BH1.jpg

metal goes in the ground tomorrow........LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

dropped three sets in across the lake yesterday for some quick and easy lets get started trapping before i left to go calling.....two flat sets and one walk thru set......ALL THREE were trampled this morning when i got back from calling....i think i best learn to set a trap again without a pan cover as they tapped danced on all three sets like it was a FULL BLOWN PARTY.....hahahahahha......two of the three had the slightest bit of sand under them and i have the triggers so close to get above pad catches they just didnt fire...so careless didnt pay off this time....lesson learned.......

1st walk thru set trampled and the bait stick dug up...hahahha.

DSC03236.jpg

kick back with some SUPER SCAT about 10 feet south of the above walk thru set......

DSC03235.jpg

third set remade after the catch....

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

you can see in the pic his front paw on the top leg was caught above the pad......with the #2 Bridger double laminated top and bottom and the stock jaws edges softened up they leave a mark but dont cut the animal...his foot was not broke either...

DSC03239.jpg

i am right next to a mining operation and a landfill and i can barely hear myself with the belts and conveyors running but i kept hearing a dog barking and howling and thought u r just back from calling all night u got COYOTE FEVER settle down your just tired.....well it kept on and kept on some more and finally i pinpoint and can hear the caught coyotes partner standing over in this tree line and barking and howling for a solid hour while i adjust the triggers a bit so NO MORE TRAMPLING and remade all three sets...

DSC03242.jpg

i also put in another yote set behind the tree line at the base of the hill.....BINESS!!!!!

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03248.jpg

should have had a DOUBLE first day but BLEW IT........try try again...........WATCH!!!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

i also decided to get a bit more serious about snaring and stepped up and bought some good equipment to make some PRO SNARES and try out some Wolf Fang earth anchors....

DSC03252.jpg

somethings getting CLIPPED.......PERIOD!!!!!
lol.gif

Last edited:
caught a BIG BORE coon two nights ago in this fox dirt hole set and the trap was set off again this morning
sneaky2.gif
...let the coon go as its not season yet......hopefully we can connect on some fox.......BINESS!!!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

DSC03257.jpg

caught this yote in the dirt hole set i made for fox and had just caught the BIG BORE coon in two nights ago.......LUCKY dirt hole set i guess..only had a 1.75 for fox and it held this yote by his toes....double coil laminated with offset jaws......

tc1.jpg

cd1.jpg

must got a bit crazy as he disgaurded my trigger somewhere..

tg.jpg

got it remade with a new trap and were ready to ROCK again....

dh1rm.jpg

went around and remade a few others as well since the rain the last few days had them locked up im sure..yes i also put those FAKE tracks at my sets....BAMMMM!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

dh2.jpg

logset1.jpg

BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbup.gif

well my LUCKY dirt hole set was dugout from the side this morning.......just layed a stick long ways over the digout and threw some more bait in the hole..........coyote stepped right in front of my pan.....

dodh.jpg

made this pipe set........set it up with a trap on both sides....hoping for a double here.......

pipeset21.jpg

this sest has produced several fox in previous seasons so i opened it up for business......

fox12.jpg

lets ROCK & ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Looks good! I have set another trap around 8-10" back from the first trap when I had a digger. I think they have a habit of moving around the set, just like they come in circling.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CenturionLooks good! I have set another trap around 8-10" back from the first trap when I had a digger. I think they have a habit of moving around the set, just like they come in circling.

i was going to do that but only had a 1.5 in the boat with me so i backed off and just left the set as is!
unsure.gif

Last edited:
caught an off target opposum today in the LUCKY dirt hole set.......guess the luck ran out........

oppposum1.jpg

also got busy putting together a few snares with the grear i bought.......

snares2.jpg

madesnares1.jpg

went out and set three of the smares up on some trails real quick tonight that i been looking at..........

trail1.jpg

trail2.jpg

trail3.jpg

gonna get a dozen snares made up and get the rest out tomorrow hopefully.....i wish it would snow.....ITS ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Yeah, that's no good. An Opossum will ruin a fox set. I always boiled my traps and stopped using the set where the Opossum was caught. It's funny, but catching a skunk in a fox set actually can help. You can even stick the skunk tail in the dirt hole.

had this today not sure if its dug up as it doesnt look dug up or if somehow it only washed off the front of the trap which doesnt make sense..........

digout3.jpg

digout4.jpg

also made up some more of my snares......any ideas on toning them down......i know the baking soda trick & paint......

snares22.jpg

just wondered if anyone had any other ideas.....thx!
thumbup1.gif

its time for a bath.....hahahahahaha.....
lol.gif

fmjgr.jpg

well i contemplated getting the turkey cooker back out but passed on that.......decided to go the spray bomb route on all my Coon Daggers and the dozen snares i have made up so far...........since i was using FULL METAL JACKET on them after the fact i figured it wasnt as important and i wanted the speedy way this time....i think i got the color close on the snares for my area as i used a tan and dark green mix....

snaresd1.jpg

snaresd2.jpg

decided just to hit the Coon Daggers with my gutter brown i had in the cabinet in quantity since i didnt have any white and its all about placement and the bait anyway if u ask me......

fmjd2.jpg

CDD1.jpg

this is all the FMJ that was left over and the reason i only get out as LITTLE as possible and do not dip my traps but rather dump the FMJ all over them with a cup.....then shake them every few minutes until they stop dripping...i do them two to three times each and dump the leftover.......

fmj1.jpg

one week from tomorrow November 8th and then its time to get some coons.........BAMMMMM!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

caught another grinner in my log flat set.........im goona need to start capping these things.......pic didnt work from the phone.........

also had another tripped trap at the LUCKY dirt hole set.....it either stunk from the grinner catch which the whole area should have or the trap was to cloe to the hole.......i set the trap back 3" so we shall see...try try again....
thumbup1.gif

dugup22.jpg

caught a rabbit in this dirt hole set.........hes bait now.......

dhs51.jpg

also found this tree hollowed out by the lake that will make a great baited coon set....

coon99.jpg

also notched this tree for a foothold a few seasons ago and its ready to go again......

coon1.jpg

also set some more snares on some trails.......

snare97.jpg

snare98.jpg

snare99.jpg

start trying for some coon this Thursday the 8th when the season starts for them.....BAM!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Those sets look good. Last year I caught 2 grinners in the same set and then when I had them cleared out I caught a coyote in the same set and another coyote in a set about 20 feet from the first one that caught the 2 grinners and the first coyote.

Back