Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2305174 - 10/08/12 09:27 PM IN Trappin
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Indiana
got my metal out about a month ago and they were abused from last season to say the leastlol......

took turns soaking what i have built up and was using in 3 gallons of distilled vinegar and got them back to normal with some manhandling and a wire brush........

then set the turkey cooker to fire and it was on....soaked everything several times as i would do them one night leave them it would rain and get some more rust dust working to get the dye to cling.....

they came out like a dream after a few soakings and we had BLACKOUT........ thumbup

after that i dipped them all twice in FULL METAL JACKET and they a ready to DO BINESS......GET READY......PERIOD!!!!!!! thumbup1

Edited by REID2168 (10/08/12 09:29 PM)

#2305260 - 10/08/12 10:26 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
bigsky_songdogs Offline
PM senior

Loc: Big Sky Country
Awesome. Good luck

God prefers kind athiests over hateful christians!

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.-Albert Einstein

#2305855 - 10/09/12 08:39 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

went and set out a couple trail cams tonight that i got some Primos Ultra Blackouts.....took these pics with my phone camera...

first one is some droppings by a exposed concrete pipe with a hole in it.....drop in some bait and lure it up with a flat set in front and we should be in biness....

this walk thru set my pup is by caught two or three last year...

heres a pic of the DIRTY HARRY dispatch 22....

im ready to do this.......BET!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Edited by REID2168 (10/09/12 08:41 PM)

#2306453 - 10/10/12 07:12 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

here are a couple a pipe sets im gonna make for coons in about in about 30 days.....first one is an old drain pipe that i know coons go into.....

the second are two pipes just laying together with the other end blocked up....double set right there for sure...

also another grass clump pee post flat set im gonna drop in on Monday for some coyotes.....

i am pondering getting myself a dozen or two dogless coon traps and was debating between the Dukes and the Alcatraz and I am leaning towards the Alcatraz.........any opinions apprecaited. thx...REDNECK REID....... thumbup1

#2308880 - 10/14/12 09:23 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

got a nother walk through set ready to go...

heres the walk thru i made........

there was another natural walk thru already tere as well that i left and will use urine on as well......they can feel comfy walking thru that one and then may not be as leary of my actual set...

also the beavers are really working around the lake as u can see from the push up in the photo........

my pup on another push up......

metal goes in the ground tomorrow........LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!! thumbup1

#2310192 - 10/16/12 09:01 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

dropped three sets in across the lake yesterday for some quick and easy lets get started trapping before i left to go calling.....two flat sets and one walk thru set......ALL THREE were trampled this morning when i got back from calling....i think i best learn to set a trap again without a pan cover as they tapped danced on all three sets like it was a FULL BLOWN PARTY.....hahahahahha......two of the three had the slightest bit of sand under them and i have the triggers so close to get above pad catches they just didnt fire...so careless didnt pay off this time....lesson learned.......

1st walk thru set trampled and the bait stick dug up...hahahha.

kick back with some SUPER SCAT about 10 feet south of the above walk thru set......

third set remade after the catch....

you can see in the pic his front paw on the top leg was caught above the pad......with the #2 Bridger double laminated top and bottom and the stock jaws edges softened up they leave a mark but dont cut the animal...his foot was not broke either...

i am right next to a mining operation and a landfill and i can barely hear myself with the belts and conveyors running but i kept hearing a dog barking and howling and thought u r just back from calling all night u got COYOTE FEVER settle down your just tired.....well it kept on and kept on some more and finally i pinpoint and can hear the caught coyotes partner standing over in this tree line and barking and howling for a solid hour while i adjust the triggers a bit so NO MORE TRAMPLING and remade all three sets...

i also put in another yote set behind the tree line at the base of the hill.....BINESS!!!!!

should have had a DOUBLE first day but BLEW IT........try try again...........WATCH!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

#2310248 - 10/16/12 09:54 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

i also decided to get a bit more serious about snaring and stepped up and bought some good equipment to make some PRO SNARES and try out some Wolf Fang earth anchors....

somethings getting CLIPPED.......PERIOD!!!!! lol

Edited by REID2168 (10/16/12 09:56 PM)

#2316217 - 10/25/12 10:04 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

caught a BIG BORE coon two nights ago in this fox dirt hole set and the trap was set off again this morning sneaky2...let the coon go as its not season yet......hopefully we can connect on some fox.......BINESS!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

#2317246 - 10/27/12 03:22 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

caught this yote in the dirt hole set i made for fox and had just caught the BIG BORE coon in two nights ago.......LUCKY dirt hole set i guess..only had a 1.75 for fox and it held this yote by his toes....double coil laminated with offset jaws......

must got a bit crazy as he disgaurded my trigger somewhere..

got it remade with a new trap and were ready to ROCK again....

went around and remade a few others as well since the rain the last few days had them locked up im sure..yes i also put those FAKE tracks at my sets....BAMMMM!!!!!!!! thumbup1

BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

#2318194 - 10/28/12 07:35 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

well my LUCKY dirt hole set was dugout from the side this morning.......just layed a stick long ways over the digout and threw some more bait in the hole..........coyote stepped right in front of my pan.....

made this pipe set........set it up with a trap on both sides....hoping for a double here.......

this sest has produced several fox in previous seasons so i opened it up for business......

lets ROCK & ROLL!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

#2318388 - 10/28/12 11:16 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
Centurion Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: New York
Looks good! I have set another trap around 8-10" back from the first trap when I had a digger. I think they have a habit of moving around the set, just like they come in circling.

Edited by Centurion (10/28/12 11:17 PM)

#2318968 - 10/29/12 07:41 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: Centurion]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

Originally Posted By: Centurion
Looks good! I have set another trap around 8-10" back from the first trap when I had a digger. I think they have a habit of moving around the set, just like they come in circling.

i was going to do that but only had a 1.5 in the boat with me so i backed off and just left the set as is! unsure

Edited by REID2168 (10/29/12 07:42 PM)

#2318988 - 10/29/12 08:02 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

caught an off target opposum today in the LUCKY dirt hole set.......guess the luck ran out........

also got busy putting together a few snares with the grear i bought.......

went out and set three of the smares up on some trails real quick tonight that i been looking at..........

gonna get a dozen snares made up and get the rest out tomorrow hopefully.....i wish it would snow.....ITS ON NOW!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

#2318997 - 10/29/12 08:19 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
Centurion Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: New York
Yeah, that's no good. An Opossum will ruin a fox set. I always boiled my traps and stopped using the set where the Opossum was caught. It's funny, but catching a skunk in a fox set actually can help. You can even stick the skunk tail in the dirt hole.

#2319685 - 10/30/12 07:30 PM Re: IN Trappin [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member II

had this today not sure if its dug up as it doesnt look dug up or if somehow it only washed off the front of the trap which doesnt make sense..........

also made up some more of my snares......any ideas on toning them down......i know the baking soda trick & paint......

just wondered if anyone had any other ideas.....thx! thumbup1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.