Double Killed with my bow!

Rost-SD

I posted this in the bowhunting forum as well..
I killed a coyote double with a bow!!!
In my stand by 5:00,about 6:30 pm, I spotted two coyotes headed in my direction. They were about 150 yards out walking along a slough. They were obviously this years pups the way they were playing around. Watching through the binocs, I almost busted out laughing when one of them stopped, looked into the slough, then backed up, then took a running leap into the cattails and about 10 pheasants busted out right where he jumped. He then came pouncing out and had a look like "that didn't workout so well".... I then decided to give them a lip squeek which immediately got their attention. They both looked up and playfully started my way. About 50-75 yards out, they both stopped and looked as though they lost some interest. I lip squeeked again, and they continued my way. The lead dog ended up about 20 yards from me with the back dog 20ft behind. I sent an arrow through the shoulder of the first dog. It twirled a few times out into the picked corn field and dropped. My attention turned to the second coyote. Startled, it looked as though it wanted to bolt (not knowing what the heck happened to his buddy..) To my surprise, he turned around and walked up to the dead coyote and started sniffing it!! So I grabbed another arrow and let one fly. I hit the second him back futher, sent him into a death spin. he spun all the way directly under my stand. He laid there biting at his wound. I then took my last arrow and pinned him to the ground. I am now out of arrows.. and after the KiYi the second dog gave out, I doubt any deer stuck around. I climbed down and sized up the situation. What an exciting night!
IMG-20121006-00262.jpg

Now, I just need to be patient and wait for the right buck to walk by..

Last edited by a moderator:
That a HeliM? Wicked double! It's always surprising how little game animals will seem to notice archery shots sometimes. Definitely gives an advantage to the coyote bowhunter!

Great story! I thought from the title that you were intentionally hunting coyotes with a bow. If so, I would have recommended a couple of good psychiatrists for your insanity.

Back