New Frontier Armory Review - UPDATE!

shankbone

I received my New Frontier Armory lower a few weeks ago, put less than 150 rounds through it and then I noticed this on my way to the range this evening:

NFACRACKED.jpg

I have another lower from a different manufacturer that I will use tonight, so more info when I return from the range.

UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!
UPDATE!

I typed up an email and sent it to New Frontier Armory hoping that someone would be at the office today, even if the company is officially closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

By the time I returned from lunch there was a response waiting for me in my inbox! I am thankful for the support and appreciate NFA's willingness to assist and rectify the situation.

If anyone is hesitant to purchase an NFA lower, don't be. I read more positive reviews about their polymer lowers than I did negative reviews. Besides, this lower helped me zap my first three coyotes!

Thanks again. New Frontier Armory!

"We were unable to open the photo, but assuming the lower is cracked, please
send us the lower at your convenience (along with a hardcopy of this email,
and a photocopy of your drivers license), and we will replace it ASAP.
Please be sure to enclose a good shipping address, as we will send the
replacement directly to your home. We apologize for the inconvenience, but
we back our products 100% with a lifetime warranty, and will do whatever we
can to get you back up and running as quickly as possible. Thank you for
your business!"

Originally Posted By: shankboneOriginally Posted By: pahntr760That's the first I've seen do that!

Me too!
smile.gif

Ya... one get chewed up by a brush hog and not a mark... after that, this is shocking... LOL

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorwow!!! hopefully they replace that for you. complete BS in my book.

How is it complete BS? Parts failure is parts failure. You show me a single manufacture that has never had a SINGLE parts failure.

From my understanding, New Frontier Armory has a 100% lifetime warranty, so it sounds like you'll be taken care of! It does suck to be that guy that had to have the failure, but hopefully your replacement will come soon!

Originally Posted By: serevince
1st guess is .22 conversion bolt.

What do I win?

Vince

What do you win?
A seat on the next train to Wrongsville!

This lower was on a RRA Predator Pursuit 20" upper. The only ammo fired through the rifle is American Eagle 55 grain FMJ and about 5-7 rounds of Hornady 69 grain BTHP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HibsOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorwow!!! hopefully they replace that for you. complete BS in my book.

How is it complete BS? Parts failure is parts failure. You show me a single manufacture that has never had a SINGLE parts failure.

From my understanding, New Frontier Armory has a 100% lifetime warranty, so it sounds like you'll be taken care of! It does suck to be that guy that had to have the failure, but hopefully your replacement will come soon!

You're right, there is no "BS" here. The lower failed and that's okay by me. Stuff breaks, I get that. I bought this lower after reading a bunch of reviews with no complaints from the owners/reviewers, so I assume that my lower's failure is just a freak accident.

Originally Posted By: HibsOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorwow!!! hopefully they replace that for you. complete BS in my book.

I never said that there are NEVER failures in anything. the BS is that at 150rds there is a failure and now the lower is garbage. the rest of the BS is not only did someone spend good money for a product, now he will have to WAIT to get a replacement. we are not talking about one little part in the lower failing, this is a catastrophic structural failure and from what??? he didnt say that gun was dropped or beat around and he surely didnt say he ran it over with a tractor and a bush hog, he simply shot the lower approx 150rds with a .223 upper so you surely cant say there was excessive recoil that caused the failure.

if you dont think its a big deal when you spend money for something and it breaks in such a short time then good for you, wait for your replacement. for me, i like to be able to rely on my equipment when in the field and a failure like the one the OP had wouldnt lead me to believe that equipment could be trusted, that being said you never know when something will fail(i.e. mechanical parts can and do wearout) so I always carry a backup weapon in the truck

There is an F-16 in the boneyard with less than 30 flight hours on it. It has an irrepairable broken bulkhead. Stuff happens.

And I'm sure NFA will help you out with the quickness!

Originally Posted By: pahntr760There is an F-16 in the boneyard with less than 30 flight hours on it. It has an irrepairable broken bulkhead. Stuff happens.

And I'm sure NFA will help you out with the quickness!

I'll take the junk F-16, it'll look nice in the front yard along with a broken down 87 Monte Carlo.

Originally Posted By: shankbone
NFACRACKED.jpg

Nuttin a good stainless steel hose clamp wouldn't fix!

But seriously, that's seriously ugly. It cracked right where the bonding seam is. First one I've heard of or seen doing that. I'm hoping that's a VERY UNcommon thing to happen.
scared.gif

Joseph (from joebobs), any other ones doing this that you have heard of?

I have over 500 rounds on a Plum Crazy with no problems.

JB will make it right.

Will you need to pay for a new firearm transfer, let us know.

Back