dispatching skunks

The skunks I have caught in leghold traps have always been waiting for me quietly without spraying.Using a revolver, a shot to the lungs with a .22 short dipatches them without spraying. I shoot them and leave for a while as they don't expire instantly with this shot.I haven't tried a kill stick but have tried shooting them in most if not all of the other ways mentioned and this is the only one that consistently works for me.I think the low velocity of the .22 short or CB cap that someone mentioned is important.

Man ! I remember when I was just a kid, I caught my fingers in a #1 single spting victor trap and I SPRAYED AND IT STUNK!!!!
----------------------------------------

Gun controll is hitting what your shootin at!!!

I read another post that mentioned this only works on skunks... Is there any truth to that? Seems like if it works on skunks it should work on other small fury critters

The syringe pole method is the best for no spray. The enzyme I get for pet and food spots will eat the skunk odor up. Got a few skunks in OK I bet huh PM? glad to see ya!

I cannot post a pic. But I made one from a old 6 ft snagging rod. cut the eyes and tip off the rod, cut a X in the tip. (About 1 inch deep) take a syringe, cut off the "plunger" slide into the rod tip.
Load it up with acetone. You are ready to deal with stinky.
Hope this helps.

Back