Weaver Classic V 2-10x38

Ricky Bobby

I am giving this particular model a real hard look for mounting on top of my LVSF. I like the fact that it weighs in at 11oz. with that kind of power range available. Plus, it is offered in a ballistic plex that looks to be really nice. Should be able to mount this thing pretty low in order to have an excellent cheek weld, which is important to me. Did I mention ... it won't dip too deep into my pockets either!

Here are my questions, since I have never owned a Weaver:

What kind of CS are they known for?

How are the warranties on these scopes?

How would you rate the glass?

Thanks.
grin.gif

I think these have the potential to be one of the best values in glass, out there! It can be had for about $220 tyd. That is with the ballistic plex, which is $15 more.

Do these have a limited sweet spot when looking through them?

I don't like a scope that isn't a little forgiving on eye relief.

Thanks.

The 3-9 is a bit better, IMO. Idon't believe I've ever paid over $160 for one.all mine are standard duplex though. Have beaten the living crap out of several Weaver Classics and owned many......

really good glass for the money, i have had the v clasic 4x16 and i really like it. usually the lower the power range you get better results.

I think that I will just have to trust your word & give this particular model a try!
wink.gif

I love the size & weight of it for keeping my rig as light as possible. Might try to mount with some Talley lightweights, also. Anybody know where I might get the best buy on this scope?

If you like Weaver and I do too, you might want to consider a Nitrex by Weaver scope. Nitrex line was discontinued by ATK, who owns Weaver too and other companies like CCI, Speer, Federal and etc. Anyway, the Nitrex TR1s were basically comparable to a Weaver Grand Slam scope, having same internals and optics, made in same plant.

Natchez still has some to sell in the power range you're interested. They are a very good buy on a quality scope.
Here is one of them.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WE94563&src=exrbSrch

Thanks for all the info fellas!
smile.gif

I really think I will stick with this particular model, though. That ballistic plex looks awesome and at 11oz. it is the weight I was hoping for. Might just order it from Midway.

Anyone know what height of the Talley lightweights I'll need for mounting?

I know that the low mounts will work, but what about the extra-low mounts?

The verdict is not in on Weaver for me quite yet. My Weaver tactical just developed an issue with the elevation turret.
I have called the Tech Service and you just get a message to leave your number. I have done so twice and no response in two weeks.... I spoke last Tuesday with a gentleman who said that they were really behind in the Tech support but he would try to get someone to return my call because you cannot return without an authorization so unless they call you you cannot return your scope.
I am still waiting. I hear that the parent company is in bankruptcy but I am not sure about that.
I have two of these same scopes and really like them but with no CS they are not hang around too long.

Man, this is not what I wanna hear!
frown.gif

A good scope with great CS to back it, all for a little over $200 ... should have known it was to good to be true! Maybe, I shall keep looking.
rolleyes.gif

What model. Is it a japanese made scope or one of the cheaper ones? I sent one in not long ago and CS was great. Fast and no questions asked.....

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunWhat model. Is it a japanese made scope or one of the cheaper ones? I sent one in not long ago and CS was great. Fast and no questions asked.....

The two I have are just like this one but with Weavers reticle.

http://theopticzone.com/products-page/ri...-mil-dot-matte/

I went to the website and called the number listed for customer service and it is a message to leave a name and number.I then called another number after leaving a message and was told that they would get back to me in a few days by the lady and then the same by a different gentleman who took my info and said he would try and get a response.
The first call was over two weeks ago. The last call was last Tuesday still no word from anyone.

Man that sucks. I've owned dozens of Weavers and have only sent one in, I believe. And that scope was abused. They still fixed it FOC and I was very happy at how quickly. This was not long ago.....

I read a thing on another sight that weaver is moving their service center to Anoka MN and they are getting behind because of the move. Sorry I can't remember where I read it.

Originally Posted By: AWSI read a thing on another sight that weaver is moving their service center to Anoka MN and they are getting behind because of the move. Sorry I can't remember where I read it.

That is what they said as well but they assured me someone would call within a couple of days but no such luck .
thumbdown.gif

Update:
Still no phone call but I did call again to the main number in Wisconsin. The lady there says that that facility has been shut down and all the folks there laid off. They are now moving all operations to three separate locations with new employees. Tech support has been moved to Anoka,Mn and the other two locations are in Montana and California. She said they are falling behind as they are bringing new folks up to speed but they will get back to me at some point.

Last edited:
Well folks, I just placed an order through Natchez. They had excellent prices on the Weavers & I ended up ordering 2 of them! I ordered the V10 for my LVSF for $149.99 & then I ordered a K4 @ $124.99 for my Marlin 1894C. Also have some of the Talley lightweights coming for the LVSF & a Weaver rail along with some Weaver rings for the 1894C.

I sure hope I like the Weaver glass!
unsure.gif

I will keep you posted on what I think, once they're mounted and I get some range time with them.

Back