Best 17 hmr ammo

mine liked hornady best,but i shot them all first.you can do this with your buddies so you dont have to buy all the ammo youself.hopfully all the guns dont like the same stuff this cuts the cost

They're all made by CCI. To different companies specs. But I shot em all and found the CCI was best in MY HMR. it could be different for yours. I would grab a few different ones and shoot em. That's the only way to know.

I've done some testing with a couple friends, all have Savage 17 HMR (all stainless bull barrel). We shot Hornady, CCI, Winchester, Federal brands with multiple different bullet types and not one rifle "liked" the same. Hornady 15.5 NXT, Winchester Supreme 17 gr vmax, and the Federal Premium 17 gr vmax were the 3 and of all the ammo the Hornady 17 gr vmax was probably the worst.

Find what your rifle likes and buy a bunch of it.

My Ruger 77/17 HMR likes the Hornady 17gr. V-max best CCI TNT close, behind then the Hornady 20gr.XTP. Shot 6 shots with the Hornady V-max at 100yds. 6 shots went .860 not to bad for a stock rifle!

Originally Posted By: marcoMy Ruger 77/17 HMR likes the Hornady 17gr. V-max best CCI TNT close, behind then the Hornady 20gr.XTP. Shot 6 shots with the Hornady V-max at 100yds. 6 shots went .860 not to bad for a stock rifle!

Imagine what it do if it was a 5MM Remington Mag.

Back