Yoters in Florida

Frankie B.

Any folks out there gettin yotes in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif sunny
Florida /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Frankie, I had a cousin named Frankie that moved somewhere around Daytona beach Florida. We hunted coyotes together way back in the 60s or should I say we tried lol.

Son of a gun. I lived in central Florida as a teenager and never realized we even had any coyotes to speak of. What is their estimated numbers and status if anyone knows? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

I live on the east coast and we got plenty of yotes... heard some in the back last week.... I dont know how to hunt them yet, but learning... the pasture they were in belongs to a church so no shooting there.... any yote hunter in the state willing to teach a rookie the ropes???

Frankie, we've got lots of coyotes down here. The hard part is getting someone to let you on their property. There are a couple of management units not far from you that hold a lot of coyotes, plus bobcat and grey fox. Too bad florida thinks grey fox are an endangered species. For every coyote I call in, I get 10-15 fox to come in. Be more than happy to take you on a hunt, but we have to wait until small game season to start. Also, florida doesn't trust their hunters, so they will only let you hunt coyotes with rimfires. I use a 22 mag, you can use a shotgun, but shot size is limited. E-mail me if your interested in a hunt.
Cal, I've shot coyotes from the GA/fl border to naples, and still have people argue with me that there are no coyotes in florida. Doesn't hurt my feelings, gives me more room to hunt them if no one else is out there.

Originally posted by grumpy:
[qb]Frankie, we've got lots of coyotes down here. The hard part is getting someone to let you on their property. There are a couple of management units not far from you that hold a lot of coyotes, plus bobcat and grey fox. Too bad florida thinks grey fox are an endangered species. For every coyote I call in, I get 10-15 fox to come in. Be more than happy to take you on a hunt, but we have to wait until small game season to start. Also, florida doesn't trust their hunters, so they will only let you hunt coyotes with rimfires. I use a 22 mag, you can use a shotgun, but shot size is limited. E-mail me if your interested in a hunt.
Cal, I've shot coyotes from the GA/fl border to naples, and still have people argue with me that there are no coyotes in florida. Doesn't hurt my feelings, gives me more room to hunt them if no one else is out there.[/qb]

Florida has a LOT of coyotes.... They are anywhere they can make a living.

I just shot a really nice blond one here in SW Florida. The pictures will be back soon and I'll do a story on it.

btw... I've also shot several in North Florida and they seem to specialize in deer up there. They're heavily impacting the fawn crop and seem to show up when hunters shoot looking for scraps and gut piles.

$bob$

Originally Posted By: grumpyFrankie, we've got lots of coyotes down here. The hard part is getting someone to let you on their property. There are a couple of management units not far from you that hold a lot of coyotes, plus bobcat and grey fox. Too bad florida thinks grey fox are an endangered species. For every coyote I call in, I get 10-15 fox to come in. Be more than happy to take you on a hunt, but we have to wait until small game season to start. Also, florida doesn't trust their hunters, so they will only let you hunt coyotes with rimfires. I use a 22 mag, you can use a shotgun, but shot size is limited. E-mail me if your interested in a hunt.
Cal, I've shot coyotes from the GA/fl border to naples, and still have people argue with me that there are no coyotes in florida. Doesn't hurt my feelings, gives me more room to hunt them if no one else is out there.
Where does it say in the Regs that you can only use rimfires?

Back