Marlin 1894C scope mounting options

Ricky Bobby

Would anyone know what my options are for getting a scope mounted on top of my little Marlin lever gun?

Would like to keep the glass as low to the rifle as possible for good cheek weld & also would like to stay light, since this is a smaller carry type rifle. I'm considering mounting a smaller Leupold or similar, might go with a straight 4 power. Will listen to suggestions on glass, also.

Rifle is drilled & tapped on top from factory.

I use the Weaver base on mine and a Weaver K-1.5, Weaver V-3 and Leupold VariX-II 1x4x20mm in low rings by various manufactures.

I believe it has a Weaver K-3 on it in the pics, the Weaver has a fine Crosshair and tiny dot that I had on for shooting some paper that day.
leveractions002.jpg

If you permit the idea of the Scout rifle theory, there's the Ashley Outdoors/XS sighting system too - more expensive than standard [beeep].

I have the XS Scout Scope system and Ghost Ring peep sight. Then use Warne quick disconnect rings on my Marlin 1894C 357mag. That way I can usethe ghostring or a Leupold 2x EER scout scope.

Just last week mounted a Leupold M8 4X on my 1894 .357 using #63 weaver bases and weaver grandslam rings that came with the scope. I have less than 10 rounds down the tube since I scoped it but so far everything is holding up.'
I plan on putting 20 or so rounds down range next week to confirm accuracy of load.

Back