CVA Hunter?

Originally Posted By: roode301Remington killed alot of people to with the crap they pulled.So I say it is 50/50 on anything any more.

Remington didn't kill anyone. Kitchen take gunsmiths with no clue what they're adjusting did. Also, if the muzzle is in a safe direction, only intended targets or dirt should be killed...

Originally Posted By: roode301Remington killed alot of people to with the crap they pulled.So I say it is 50/50 on anything any more. What a load of hogwash.

You believe everything the liberal media produces?

Originally Posted By: Elliot BrodieHow about this kind Hunting Spotlight Hunting light?Do you wanna try?

What the heck is this??
confused.gif
huh.gif

Apparently a new member that has not learned how a forum works.
He seems to have wandered through a couple of threads asking about this.

Originally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: roode301Remington killed alot of people to with the crap they pulled.So I say it is 50/50 on anything any more. What a load of hogwash.

You believe everything the liberal media produces?

YEP you got me I do. Also heard rugers don't shoot good either the 6 that I have do.

Originally Posted By: Casey DanielsonI have 2 CVA muzzle loaders an accura and an apex and believe me or not they both shoot better than my TC encore!!!

Hard not to believe a guy who's take a nice muley like that with his bow, but I'm more inclined to believe you haven't found the right load for your Encore.

I have a CVA Wolf I have been hunting with for 5 yrs now. Never had a problem yet. I also have a brother in law who tests/hunts em and for over 6 yrs he has never had one blow up on him (thousand of shots). But he does say you better know what your doing with a muzzle loader cause things can go bad real quick. Heck I may have been the one that was testing for him...lol

2muchgun is falling for the old Randy Wakeman scare tactics. Wakeman used to shoot and review CVA's until he got on with Savage and started shooting their smokeless muzzleloader. Henry Balls son in law was injured by a recall CVA MLer and so Wakeman took it to the extreme by starting these scare tactic websites and then having his ambulance chasing lawyer friend " which Wakeman advertises for" post pictures and extremely long lawsuit cases where after you read for 2 hours, find out the gun was a recall gun or was improperly loaded with smokeless powder or simply, the person did not know how to clean the rifle properly between each shot and left a space between the powder and bullet.

If you do a search on the names Randy Wakeman and Toby Bridges you will see a connection of flat out fraud, lies and total BS by these 2 writers.

Bridges once shot savage muzzleloaders until his blew up, and in which case, Wakeman " part time savage employee" jumps on his back and does write ups claiming Bridges blew his up on purpose.

Now you got Wakeman writing these horror stories about CVA. Well... Lets see... He used to shoot CVA and review them, still has reviews on his website... YET he claims they are unsafe to shoot? Lets see.... unsafe....he reviews the guns... he shoots the guns... he posts the reviews of the CVA guns he shot..... Yet he claims they are unsafe? I think we all can smell the stink pile on this one.

If you look at both Bridges and Wakemans websites now they are now Attacking/Counter attacking each other about Knight Rifles and of course the savage ML's.

What you got is two old guys with nothing better to do, who both have paper trails behind them and go where the money pays. Once a company dumps them, they start telling you they are unsafe, no good, quality has slipped, etc.

To put it easy, Both of those two writers have lost a LOT of credit as they tarnished their own reputations.

If you want to see how fragile muzzleloaders can be when improperly loaded, check these out! These are fully custom muzzleloaders that were blown apart by improper loading.

http://gandersmuzzleloadingblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/rush-it-this-could-happen-to-you.html#comments

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: biggen0_8 There is no doubt that CVA did have an issue back several years ago, but since BPI purchased them, they have made some real improvements.

An issue? Yeah, I'd say so.

Several years ago? Yep, and before that, and after that.

CVA has consistently turned out junk for a very long time. You can call all the "negative press" a "slur campaign" if you want, but all these lawsuits/pictures are very real. And check out the dates......

http://cvaguncases.com/Case___Information_Page.html

Some nice CVA pics too. I particularly like the x-ray of the guy with the breech plug lodged in his skull. Breech plugs/chambers with next to no threads on them. That is some FINE QC right there.

It's hard to pick a favorite, given there are SO MANY to choose from, but here are a couple of mine:

JH_3.jpg

Hamblin_Optima_post_7.jpg

Optima_1.jpg

Kohn_Kodiak.jpg

Notice that these rifles are all different models? I know it's kind of hard to tell, given there isn't much left of them. I'd say that's pretty consistent with the term "crap".

This guy would too:
CVAface.jpg

I find it VERY strange that anyone would purchase a rifle from a company with such a horrific track record and tons of personal injury lawsuits filed against them. But I guess I'm weird that way.......
crazy.gif

There you go trying to confuse everything with facts and truth, we only want rumours and Google regurgitation.

The naysayers post copied and pasted pictures from biased websites, but no actual personal experiences.

Over the years I've tired of arguing with people that "buy hook line and sinker" everything they read on the internet.

If that's what they want to believe, oh well, "ignorance is bliss", at least for some people.

Thank you for taking the time to present some of the truth on this.

OP: Sorry no one has still been able to answer your original question.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RockyMtnHunter2muchgun is falling for the old Randy Wakeman scare tactics.

For the record, I have probably been ripping on CVA much longer than Wakeman, it sounds. As a matter of fact, it wasn't very long ago at all that someone here accused me of the same thing. I had to actually google Wakeman's name because I did not know who the he11 he was. This was probably less than 2 years ago, and if you do a search you will see I'm telling the truth. I still have never read anything that he has written, that I can recall, and have never seen his website either. EVER. Don't know who the other guy you speak of is either.

Ol' 2muchgun generally relies on his own experience/opinions for his firearms "facts". Most come from a lifetime of real world shooting experience, owning hundreds of guns, and having the innate ability to recognize junk when I see it.

That said, if you want to blame all the personal injury lawsuits against CVA on this Wakeman guy, you go right ahead
crazy.gif

I'll tell you I bought a CVA muzzle loader in 2005 when I was in college. It was cheap and that's what I could afford. It has never shot great, but ok. I have been wanting to upgrade my muzzleloader for quite awhile now and after seeing those pictures (one of those pictures you posted is my exact gun) I think it will be sooner rather than later that I'll have a new gun.
Anyone want a CVA Optima, cheap?
Haha

I've got a CVA Hunterbolt and Optima Pro. No complaints on either of these. Got a nice 8 point at 140 yards with the Hunterbolt and a nice 10 point at only 60 with the Optima Pro. My $.02. I didn't realize they had such a bad rep.

Tim

Back