Obama Failed

You have a true gift there blasta. You are a master at attempting to sell your assumptions and opinions as facts.
Quote:So, what exactly makes a liberal I suspect in your mind almost anyone that disagrees with you
Quote:Oh I see, well obviously you side with the liberals most often Of course this statement is limited to posts on this BB since you have little or no knowledge of anything I have posted elsewhere. Much of what I have posted has been in disagreement with you if some liberals have the same view oh well. There are a lot of moderates who would disagree with you at times also. There are even some conservatives who at times would disagree with you. Or are all these people liberals in disguise?
Quote:I know one thing for certain and that is there are way more people playing the race card than the religion card any proof?
Quote:And there are also an awful lot more people denying they are liberals than there are admitting it any proof?
Quote:That's something you will never see in any conservative, either you are or you aren't. binary thinking. The problem is that it’s not an either/or world no matter how much you want it to be. To oversimplify the choices in life to this extreme is foolish and at time dangerous.

Quote:So tell me blasta, you who so often comment on how naive some of us are, how many people in Manning’s circumstances do you think have seen the light and how many are con artists playing the religion card?

Can't answer for balsta, but it seems to me that Manning has kept his nose clean for a number of years. As for the number of con artists claiming to have found religion, guess that's between them and the Lord.

Edit to add: Ooops, didn't see page 2 before posting this!

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Quote:As for the number of con artists claiming to have found religion, guess that's between them and the Lord. Their judgment is for the Lord to decide. Whether I personally trust them or not, I believe is my choice.

Here's the deal rimmy, attempting a conversation with you is the ultimate exercise in futility. It's like wrestling with a pig, the pig loves it and you just get muddy. You are all over the map. As liberals are trained to do, you throw out multitudes of ridiculous assertions that have nothing to do with the original point in hopes of deflecting your lame responses. They are ridiculous in the sublime. Of course no one would ever trust their child around a supposed recovered pedophile. But then that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Short and sweet, it's a liberal attempting to deflect from his lame argument. Your protestations are falling on deaf ears. You claim that if only we could see you on other forums shouting from the rooftops, your defense of conservatism, then we would see the real you. I call BS, if you were a conservative elsewhere you would be one here. And frankly I doubt anyone else cares what you post elsewhere, you're a known quantity here. And frankly, it's ok with me to see your inane justifications for the liberal points of view, I find it extremely humorous. In your world you see yourself as an erudite, sage thinker, pontificating on the wonders of your nobility, while I see you as suffering from multiple personalities, especially if as you so loudly proclaim that you post as a conservative elsewhere. As I have already said I call a spade a spade. Some of our newer members have not had the opportunity to see your posts over time which provide the grist for the opinions that have been formed for some of us more seasoned members. You may be able to fool some of them for a brief period of time, but your true proclivities will soon enlighten even the newbies. Now don't misunderstand my point, it's perfectly OK to be a liberal like you are. You provide a good deal of entertainment and provide a good deal of comic relief. You cause many of us to continuously thank God, for giving us the good sense to not be like you. I am certain the phrase "But for the Grace of God, there go I" is attributed many times over after each of your posts. Oh, I apologize, I don't have a link for that, I admit it's a supposition derived from numerous private discussions over the years with other members who feel as I do.

So in finality, I'm through with this exercise in futility. I will clean off the mud which seems to delight you so. I have no real desire to cause you further humiliation, you are ever so qualified to cause your own, you don't need my help. Before I go though, one last point. I'm really concerned for your mental health, sincerely, I think you should seek some qualified help. Your admission of experiencing multiple personalities is nothing to be laughed at. While it probably seems to help having someone to argue with 24/7, in most cases it ends in tragedy. I am seriously concerned because, believe it or not, I do enjoy the comic relief you provide. Cya.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaHere's the deal rimmy, attempting a conversation with you is the ultimate exercise in futility. It's like wrestling with a pig, the pig loves it and you just get muddy. You are all over the map. As liberals are trained to do, you throw out multitudes of ridiculous assertions that have nothing to do with the original point in hopes of deflecting your lame responses. They are ridiculous in the sublime. Of course no one would ever trust their child around a supposed recovered pedophile. But then that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Short and sweet, it's a liberal attempting to deflect from his lame argument. Your protestations are falling on deaf ears. You claim that if only we could see you on other forums shouting from the rooftops, your defense of conservatism, then we would see the real you. I call BS, if you were a conservative elsewhere you would be one here. And frankly I doubt anyone else cares what you post elsewhere, you're a known quantity here. And frankly, it's ok with me to see your inane justifications for the liberal points of view, I find it extremely humorous. In your world you see yourself as an erudite, sage thinker, pontificating on the wonders of your nobility, while I see you as suffering from multiple personalities, especially if as you so loudly proclaim that you post as a conservative elsewhere. As I have already said I call a spade a spade. Some of our newer members have not had the opportunity to see your posts over time which provide the grist for the opinions that have been formed for some of us more seasoned members. You may be able to fool some of them for a brief period of time, but your true proclivities will soon enlighten even the newbies. Now don't misunderstand my point, it's perfectly OK to be a liberal like you are. You provide a good deal of entertainment and provide a good deal of comic relief. You cause many of us to continuously thank God, for giving us the good sense to not be like you. I am certain the phrase "But for the Grace of God, there go I" is attributed many times over after each of your posts. Oh, I apologize, I don't have a link for that, I admit it's a supposition derived from numerous private discussions over the years with other members who feel as I do.

So in finality, I'm through with this exercise in futility. I will clean off the mud which seems to delight you so. I have no real desire to cause you further humiliation, you are ever so qualified to cause your own, you don't need my help. Before I go though, one last point. I'm really concerned for your mental health, sincerely, I think you should seek some qualified help. Your admission of experiencing multiple personalities is nothing to be laughed at. While it probably seems to help having someone to argue with 24/7, in most cases it ends in tragedy. I am seriously concerned because, believe it or not, I do enjoy the comic relief you provide. Cya.
What a pompous blowhard you can be at some times.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerReagan on amnesty for illegals. OMG Reagan was a liberal. Even I didn’t like that stance.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128303672

Let's see if I've got this right. Reagan signed an amnesty bill in the 80's and it was a total disaster. You say you didn't agree with the bill Reagan signed. Obama wants to repeat the same mistake but on a larger scale. And instead of criticizing Obama, you are criticizing a guy who has been dead for years.

Even when liberals disagree with Obama they can't bring themselves to criticize his policies.

Quote: Obama wants to repeat the same mistake but on a larger scale. And instead of criticizing Obama, you are criticizing a guy who has been dead for years I don’t agree with Obama on this anymore than I agreed with Reagan. I didn’t agree with McCain when he pushed for an amnesty either. I’ve posted more than once that I think that both parties have been off base when it comes to illegal immigration.

Rim Runner, the 2 parties are poles apart on the immigration issue. Don't think Bush and McCain's views were typical of the rest of the Republican party. Most of the time they were butting heads with Republicans in Congress on the issue.

Without those Republicans in Congress, the Democrats would tear that border wide open just so they could keep the Hispanic vote. Without the Republicans in Congress they'd have nothing to stop them.

Quote:Rim Runner, the 2 parties are poles apart on the immigration issue. Don't think Bush and McCain's views were typical of the rest of the Republican party The GOP rank and file have been on the right track on this issue. The GOP leadership: not so much. Too many in the GOP are dependent on the cheap labor provided by the illegals.

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerQuote:Rim Runner, the 2 parties are poles apart on the immigration issue. Don't think Bush and McCain's views were typical of the rest of the Republican party The GOP rank and file have been on the right track on this issue. The GOP leadership: not so much. Too many in the GOP are dependent on the cheap labor provided by the illegals.

You might want to rethink that. As far as I know, Pelosi is the only one in Congress that owns a hotel and a vinyard in California.

How many of those Hollywood liberals funneling millions of dollars to the DNC do you think have illegal housekeepers, groundskeepers, and nannies?

Last edited:
Quote:You might want to rethink that. As far as I know, Pelosi is the only one in Congress that owns a hotel and a vinyard in California If you think that hotels and farms are the only one’s employing Illegal immigrants you need to look into things a bit closer. The construction industry was rampant with illegal help before the housing bubble burst and may still be. A situation that wouldn’t have happened if the construction unions hadn’t been weakened in the 70’s. BTW speaking of farms I used to drive thru the orange groves owned by the family of a very well-known conservative family. Several times I have seen a number of workers running to hide in the trees just before a border patrol van was seen heading their way.
Quote:How many of those Hollywood liberals funneling millions of dollars to the DNC do you think have illegal housekeepers, groundskeepers, and nannies? How many supporters of the GOP do you think have illegal housekeepers, groundskeepers, and nannies?

I’m not giving the leadership of the Dems or the GOP any credit for being right on this issue both have provided a lot more lip service than any real action.

Rim Runner, I'm glad you were honest enough to admit that the wealthy Democrats want those illegal workers as much as the wealthy Republicans do. I was pointing out your failure to mention them in your previous post. You appeared to be claiming that only the Republicans wanted illegal labor.

But the entire claim that anyone wants them to have amnesty for cheap labor is wrong. If they wanted cheap labor, then they would want to keep them illegal. Amnesty and legal status means higher wages and all the other costs that legally hiring a worker brings.

So that puts us right back to the real reason Democrats want open borders...the Hispanic vote.

Quote:If they wanted cheap labor, then they would want to keep them illegal. Amnesty and legal status means higher wages and all the other costs that legally hiring a worker brings. it will bring costs up to keep the former illegal works but by flooding the work force it drives wages and benefits down for everyone competing for the same jobs.
Quote:So that puts us right back to the real reason Democrats want open borders...the Hispanic vote.
So why would the GOP support amnesty?

Originally Posted By: IversWhere do you get that the GOP supports amnesty? ROFLMAO
Reagan supported and signed an amnesty bill into effect. McCain co-sponsored an amnesty bill with Kennedy; granted during his bid for the White House he drastically changed his stance. Bush supported the comprehensive immigration act of 2007.

So McCain and Bush are the entire GOP? I thought we already covered this and you agreed that those guys were not representative of the party view. Now you claim they ARE the GOP.

Back