who waits

i wait until noon the day of just like the law says....hahahahahaha..honestly u can think wait till its prime fur season but u really cant do that in where i live if u only have public ground to hunt and want a shot at the early dogs........ let alone the deer guys that sling lead at them every chance they get.....round here its get in or get out and go night hunting by yourself a LOT......BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I mostly do but sometimes I can't resist going out to see if I still got it! I think we called in 4 or 5 this summer just to see if we still could. Only shot 1. My favorite time to call coyotes by far is January to March.

i dont usually hunt the summer time up here cuz it doesnt produce like the winter months but sometimes i get the itch and will go out a couple times

Due to our climate there is no fur here to wait for. (On one stand last December a humming bird buzzed my head, if that gives you any idea.)

+ Yotes are after the calves whether they're fully furred or not, so waiting wouldn't be an option regardless.

Last edited:
I'm like Tony....if a Farmer or Cattle Rancher has a problem with Coyotes and asks for help to thin them out I go there as soon as possible so I don't loose the chance to hunt the Coyotes,right now I'm hunting them mostly of the Family Farm and at any place that has recently cut hay off their fields!

So far I've put down 5 Coyotes and missed several chances at a few because of low light or too far away... But I'm getting better at the long shots!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Back