6MM Remington load data ?????

1up5down

I recently purchased a 6MM Remington long range varmint rifle and I'm looking for any help for reloading. The rifle sports a Shilen select match 1-10 twist barrel finished at 27.5" long. I plan on shooting the 87gr. Vmax and the 105's if the twist rate will support them.
The gun will primarily be used for LR ghog and coyote hunting with a yearly trip to Wyoming for some prairie dog hunting as well. I also have a shooting range about 20 min. from my house and can shoot to 1200 yds. there so would also like to try that.

I plan on reloading so any help with powder/primer/bullet combinations would be greatly apprediated.

Dave

Last edited:
Good luck with the 105's in a -10 twist.

Sierra 80gr SBT on top of RL-19 sparked with a CCI mag primer is what I have settled on. The V-Max is good also.

I've played with a 6MM many years.

For varmints its hard to beat the 58 grain V-Max. Nosler also makes a 55 grain BT, IMR-4895 or Varget for those, will push them to Swift velocites(4000+).

For Coyotes the 75 grain Sierra HP with H4895 or IMR-4064 will get you to 3400 fps, not fur friendly. Will work on small Deer, like culling does.

For Deer I've shot a bunch of 100 grain Remington Core-locks, with IMR-4350 or IMR-4831. Not the most accurate bullet on paper, but usually one MOA and they work well on game. I get better accuracy from the 95 grain Nosler BT, they work well and stay together with the solid base, as do the Remingtons. When the kids were young I bought the Remington's in bulk and they were cheap. My old BDL killed ten deer one season, all one shot kills, all over 200 yards. The IMR-4350 will give you slightly more speed, around 3060fps, my BDL likes 43.0 grains. It's a 1 in 9 twist.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1up5downI recently purchased a 6MM Remington long range varmint rifle and I'm looking for any help for reloading. The rifle sports a Shilen select match 1-10 twist barrel finished at 27.5" long. I plan on shooting the 87gr. Vmax and the 105's if the twist rate will support them.
The gun will primarily be used for LR ghog and coyote hunting with a yearly trip to Wyoming for some prairie dog hunting as well. I also have a shooting range about 20 min. from my house and can shoot to 1200 yds. there so would also like to try that.

I plan on reloading so any help with powder/primer/bullet combinations would be greatly apprediated.

Dave

You will loooooove the 6mm Rem.

The 10" twist will not shoot the 105 weight bullet (except a round nose
smile.gif
).

The 87 V-Max is an excellent bullet for very long range... 1,200 yards.

But for ground hogs inside of 800 or 900 yds, the 75 V-Max and the 70gr Sierra BlitzKing might be better choices. They are much more explosive.

A good powder for these weights is H-4350.

Originally Posted By: 1up5downThanks guys. What would be a good primer?? Also what brand of brass would you guys recommend??

Dave

I shoot Winchester brass in my 40XB,and Remington brass in my High Wall... both are good.

For primers, I use Rem 9-1/2 for all of it.

Back