2012-2013 fur price forecast

My 6x45 generally puts a hole in the offside, not blown to bits, but probably the size of a quarter to .50 piece. How much will that affect the price of the skin?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
My 6x45 generally puts a hole in the offside, not blown to bits, but probably the size of a quarter to .50 piece. How much will that affect the price of the skin?

Very little if any providing ya sew the hole up before stretching.
Selling carcasses it could drop the price by 50% or more depending on the buyer.

Originally Posted By: RalphySpiderman what part of the state does your truck come threw ?
I am in Clarksville....Groenwald stops in Waverly and Charles City , 15 and 20 miles from me . Jim

Quote: I am lucky to keep about 30% of what I kill, the other 70% have mange really bad. Anyone know what causes it to get this bad ? About 5 to 10 years ago they were all good pelts, now it is crap ! Kevin Mange spreads from one coyote to the next by way of either direct contact or indirect contact such as a healthy coyote sharing a den with a mangy coyote. Until you kill all the coyotes with mange, the disease will continue to spread.
Around my family's farm in KS., we went through a long period of time with next to zero healthy coyotes, but these days it seems that the disease is almost run it's course and most coyotes are looking healthy again.
In my area here in Colo., it seems the mange is just getting a foot hold and I suspect it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Originally Posted By: shanedogg

about 5 or 6 yrs ago i was wonderin the same thing...so i got in contact w/ mike the fur manager for the az trappers assoc. and he told me there are no "green" buyers in az, in fact no fur buyers in az whatsoever...he told me about the annual fur auction (which i knew bout)in feb.. and how he sold his whole lot there and averaged about $2 a pelt.... sucks...bobcat was about $75-150, at the time and i doubt it has gone up since...no one that i know of is gonna take the time to skin/dry and put up for a year, for $2 a pelt....oh well...if i could get $15-20 a pelt id be a skinnin fool!!!

I've read/heard some of those AZ guys got some dang good money for their stretched cats last year. Talking like $350 AVERAGE. Predicting the same or better this year. Better get after those cats Shane.

Back