Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at





PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Loading

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2286980 - 09/09/12 08:01 PM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: shanedogg]
Centurion Online
Die Hard Member III

Registered: 03/23/12
Posts: 2716
Loc: New York
Yeah, I'm out of touch here, except for what I see in the Fur Fish and Game magazine. In the June issue they said the prices would be back to around what they were in the late 70s. That was based on the good prices they were getting at auction on furs left from last year, which pretty much sold out. The prices I quoted were from the September issue. I haven't trapped since the mid to late 80s, and the ones who used to buy furs here probably don't now. I think I'll try my hand with a few sets this year for predators only I think. Maybe some sets for mink, which are still plentiful. We even have fishers in our are now, where they used to be only further north in the Adirondacks. If I could locate where they are that would be a good catch, as their pelts are worth quite a bit.
_________________________
Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it; Except the Lord watch the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
Psalm 127:1

Top
#2286985 - 09/09/12 08:04 PM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: Wyocaddis]
midwestpredator Offline
Die Hard Member II

Registered: 03/14/12
Posts: 1759
Loc: nd
fur prices will be all over the board. same as every year. for coyotes my buyer was paying an average of $25-$35 for the carcas. a real real nice one would fetch up to $40-$45 and a bad one as low as $5.
_________________________
Mr. Booger Hook meet Mr. Bang Switch

Top
#2286989 - 09/09/12 08:09 PM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: midwestpredator]
shanedogg Offline
Die Hard Member II

Registered: 11/29/09
Posts: 1548
Loc: arizona
Originally Posted By: midwestpredator
fur prices will be all over the board. same as every year. for coyotes my buyer was paying an average of $25-$35 for the carcas. a real real nice one would fetch up to $40-$45 and a bad one as low as $5.




I'm sure i speak for all my AZ boys on this site....that would be a dream come true!!!!! $25 min. for a yote straight ou the back of the truck....no skinnin, no mess, just "were do you want em"....wow!
_________________________
c'mon! Just one more stand!

Top
#2287475 - 09/10/12 04:59 PM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: Wyocaddis]
spiderman Offline
Die Hard Member

Registered: 01/17/07
Posts: 801
Loc: The promised land - Iowa
Get in touch with North American Fur Auctions ....they handle around 50% of all fur taken in North America each year. You can send put up fur to them . I am in Iowa and can sell green skins( or even unskinned , I don't do this,) to buyers that have routes they travel in trucks. Groenwald is one of the buyers I sell to . Jim
_________________________
AR-15 .204 Dtech , fluted , comped ,23 inch barrel ,RRA TS trigger (By Dtech) , hydralic suppressor ,Nikon 4.5-14 side focus

Don't take life so seriously.....it is only temporary...
Jim Stauffer


Top
#2287542 - 09/10/12 07:01 PM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: Wyocaddis]
HTRN57 Offline
PM Sponsor

Registered: 12/03/11
Posts: 592
Loc: IL
I am lucky to keep about 30% of what I kill, the other 70% have mange really bad. Anyone know what causes it to get this bad ? About 5 to 10 years ago they were all good pelts, now it is crap ! Kevin


Edited by HTRN57 (09/10/12 07:02 PM)
_________________________


Top
#2287754 - 09/10/12 10:38 PM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: Wyocaddis]
Ralphy Offline
Predator Master

Registered: 02/15/12
Posts: 79
Loc: Iowa
Spiderman what part of the state does your truck come threw ?

Top
#2288404 - 09/11/12 09:39 PM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: Wyocaddis]
6mm06 Online
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Registered: 07/31/05
Posts: 4682
Loc: USA

My 6x45 generally puts a hole in the offside, not blown to bits, but probably the size of a quarter to .50 piece. How much will that affect the price of the skin?

Top
#2288604 - 09/12/12 01:12 AM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: 6mm06]
Varmintnv Offline
Seasoned Member

Registered: 11/27/09
Posts: 404
Loc: Sparks, NV
Originally Posted By: 6mm06

My 6x45 generally puts a hole in the offside, not blown to bits, but probably the size of a quarter to .50 piece. How much will that affect the price of the skin?


Very little if any providing ya sew the hole up before stretching.
Selling carcasses it could drop the price by 50% or more depending on the buyer.
_________________________
Life's too short not to hunt coyotes!!


Top
#2288664 - 09/12/12 07:53 AM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: Ralphy]
spiderman Offline
Die Hard Member

Registered: 01/17/07
Posts: 801
Loc: The promised land - Iowa
Originally Posted By: Ralphy
Spiderman what part of the state does your truck come threw ?

I am in Clarksville....Groenwald stops in Waverly and Charles City , 15 and 20 miles from me . Jim
_________________________
AR-15 .204 Dtech , fluted , comped ,23 inch barrel ,RRA TS trigger (By Dtech) , hydralic suppressor ,Nikon 4.5-14 side focus

Don't take life so seriously.....it is only temporary...
Jim Stauffer


Top
#2288695 - 09/12/12 09:28 AM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: HTRN57]
songdog Offline
Die Hard Member III

Registered: 10/10/01
Posts: 2659
Loc: Elizabeth.Colo.
Quote:
I am lucky to keep about 30% of what I kill, the other 70% have mange really bad. Anyone know what causes it to get this bad ? About 5 to 10 years ago they were all good pelts, now it is crap ! Kevin
Mange spreads from one coyote to the next by way of either direct contact or indirect contact such as a healthy coyote sharing a den with a mangy coyote. Until you kill all the coyotes with mange, the disease will continue to spread.
Around my family's farm in KS., we went through a long period of time with next to zero healthy coyotes, but these days it seems that the disease is almost run it's course and most coyotes are looking healthy again.
In my area here in Colo., it seems the mange is just getting a foot hold and I suspect it's going to get worse before it gets better.
_________________________
Calling coyotes is easy. Killing them is slightly harder.

Top
#2288758 - 09/12/12 11:09 AM Re: 2012-2013 fur price forecast [Re: shanedogg]
doggin coyotes Offline
PM Junkie

Registered: 02/18/02
Posts: 10539
Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: shanedogg


about 5 or 6 yrs ago i was wonderin the same thing...so i got in contact w/ mike the fur manager for the az trappers assoc. and he told me there are no "green" buyers in az, in fact no fur buyers in az whatsoever...he told me about the annual fur auction (which i knew bout)in feb.. and how he sold his whole lot there and averaged about $2 a pelt.... sucks...bobcat was about $75-150, at the time and i doubt it has gone up since...no one that i know of is gonna take the time to skin/dry and put up for a year, for $2 a pelt....oh well...if i could get $15-20 a pelt id be a skinnin fool!!!


I've read/heard some of those AZ guys got some dang good money for their stretched cats last year. Talking like $350 AVERAGE. Predicting the same or better this year. Better get after those cats Shane.
_________________________
Colorado has smelled like one big azz brush fire every since 1-1-14.

Top
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2



Moderator:  Redfrog 

Forum Stats
48209 Members
83 Forums
287419 Topics
2717307 Posts

Max Online: 3771 @ 02/03/14 09:55 PM
Today's Birthdays
191nt, Big City, Brad Kircher, brent thie, corymhoward, longshot7remmag, possumkiller, prairie ghost, SeanE, Yellowhammer

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.