Burris Eliminator III

Originally Posted By: PaulDaisyFor the people interested, I have called Burris on the phone and found out the details of their current line up of Eliminators. I was unaware of these and I think that they deserve a Gen 2.5 now! So, they have four model numbers:

200112: the original Eliminator (which I dubbed Gen 2, the successor to the original non-Eliminator Laserscope). This is a 4-12x42 rangefinding scope with BDC accurate at x12 power only. Has one activation button on the body and a remote control.
200114: this is the same body style and magnification as 200112 but with the front focal plane reticle that zooms in and out, so it will be accurate for BDC at any magnification. Sometimes I see this one labeled as X38 or Eliminator-II. This is Gen 2.5.
200118: this is the same as 200114 but in the 3.5-10x40 power. FFP reticle, accurate BDC at any zoom level. Gen 2.5 also.
200116: this is the Eliminator-3, 4-16x50. New body style; 1200 yard reflective / 800 soft target ranging; parallax adjustment; no remote but two activation buttons in the forward part of scope, left and right; improved battery compartment design. Gen 3: larger glass, bigger laser, body style redesign, gave up the remote.

Burris is running a rebate on 200112 through the end of 2012 ($100 off, here: http://www.burrisoptics.com/eliminatorrebate.pdf) and the 200112 will be soon discontinued. At current street prices this deal would give you a new Gen 2 (BDC accurate at x12 only) for about $700 total.

I will update my Eliminator review page with this information as well. If anyone happens to find inaccuracies in the above please let me know!

Reading the link above, it says that the range reticle must still be at 10x for the 3.5x10 model. The 200118.

I haven't ordered mine yet but really having a hard time not getting it on the way. I want to see what you guys think of yours. So please.... Hurry up ....
tt2.gif
tt1.gif
lol.gif

Thanks so much for that info.

Would you happen to have an image of what the "X38" reticle looks like which is on the 200114?

Last edited:
Ernie
Never thought I would say this to you. That is on good looking rifle.
I sure like the look of that scope also. Cant wait until mine shows up.

You shot it yet?

Originally Posted By: cjdavis618Thanks so much for that info.

Would you happen to have an image of what the "X38" reticle looks like which is on the 200114?

It looks exactly like the original eliminator reticle.

Originally Posted By: bfr4570Ernie
Never thought I would say this to you. That is on good looking rifle.
I sure like the look of that scope also. Cant wait until mine shows up.

You shot it yet?
Next week probably.

Rifle is 6.5x47 Lapua.
I have been excited about this optic for a number of reasons compared to the Eliminator I used last year:
More magnification (12x was the max and now it is 16x), better glass, windage tics (Sort of like a Horus) with wind correction listed in the optic with the distance.
Although the reticle is in the second focal plane, the technology allows you to use it at any magnification-Effectively a FFP optic. Automatically corrects when shooting at angles.
The laser rangefinder should be effective at about twice the distance of the original design, the design is more slim/aesthetically pleasing, adjustable objective, also has a slightly larger eye box than the original.
The ballistic software upgrade in this design is far superior to the first one as well.
That is what comes to mind at the moment.
This is why I am real excited to get this baby out and run it!

I will let you guys know the results when I use it.
Curious to see how far it will range on a cloudy day versus a bright sunny day.

Originally Posted By: Burris OpticsHopefully this clears up the confusion a little bit. It's not a great shot of the chart but it's the best I could do.
Thanks Martin! I did talk on the phone with someone, I swear, and they did say that the x10 is the same as 114. I guess they were mistaken.
Why can't you guys put up that chart on your web site?.. That would "Eliminate" so much confusion about the Eliminators.

got mine from swfa last week . put it on savage 6.5 creedmoore. chart said 142 but shot 7 in high at 700yd. used 138 in the drop chart.put 7 in a pie plate at 700. ranging is wicked fast. ranged telephone pole to 1135 yds.

Good for you!
A mount I was hoping would come in today from Burris didn't make it.
My rifle has a 30 MOA pic rail, and I don't think I can get a 100 yard zero.
Originally Posted By: jdfarmergot mine from swfa last week . put it on savage 6.5 creedmoore. chart said 142 but shot 7 in high at 700yd. used 138 in the drop chart.put 7 in a pie plate at 700. ranging is wicked fast. ranged telephone pole to 1135 yds.

Just got a two-day pd invite, so when the lift kit comes in this week, I will get it zeroed and hopefully confirmed at 750.
Lasering dog mounds can be challenging, so I am looking forward to some field work quicker than I thought.
I have 100 pieces of brass, so I need to get 80 rounds loaded-Already decap/resize my brass.
130 Berger's should make a statement.

Back