Sorry to hear that Fred....

Seems to me getting banned here may be based on PMs with ADM and MODS more than open posts. I think I have crowed that line a time or two (classified ad forum issues, $$$ involved) and pulled back, cause I like it around here.
blush.gif

like i have stated before. there is a way to disagree without being a total douche.

everyone on this forums knows that Gunner is a good dog and decoys well. he may work different than others' dogs, but he does it his way very well. we also have seen enough videos of him that we know that he does not make contact 99% of the time. but it is inevitable that it is going to happen from time to time as often as he is in the field.

now to get to my point. to get on here and call him out as being a catch dog or that he does not work right is downing him and TT as a trainer. just as he said that about anyone elses dog because the concept of a decoy dog is not to catch. so to me calling him a catch dog is disrespectful.

my point to him on posting a video was only this....

i dont have a decoy dog yet so i dont feel like i am qualified to judge one. if you wana come on here and call someones dog out and down him by calling him a catch dog or whatever, i would think that you would need to prove you are worthy of judging another dog. so i asked to prove his credentials.

i know there are guys that have great dogs that never post on here and dont have videos. but i am guessing that they wouldnt come on here and down someones dog either. but if they did and noone has ever seen proof that they knew what they were talking about, then people would want to see proof that they did know enoug to call someone out.

as to Fred, i have never one time seen him with proof that he knows enough about decoy dogs to call out Tony. the only videos ive ever seen him post was of his dog chasing squirrels. so that is why i was asking him to post decoy videos to prove he knew enough to even judge a dog.

i am not Tony's cheerleader! ive seen enough proof of him as well as others to know that he is a guy that knows what is going on when it comes to decoy dogs. there are several guys on here that i look to and read every post of theirs that i can so i can learn. Fred was just not one of them for the sipmle fact that i never saw proof of him being a great dog man. maybe he is, i was just asking for proof, thats all.

i think he was going overboard on pourpose and i think he went to an extreme.

and something else, i would almost bet my years salary that he would never talk to someone like that to their face. that kinda stuff would have a bad ending if so. i know for sure a few guys on here including myself that would prolly be in jail if he were to call us or our dogs out like that in person.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbe Believe me, getting banned as a member takes alot. It's a vote that doesn't come easy and one that takes multiple warnings, over a period of time. Fred always had intention in his posts.

If Fred got suspended or banned, I am sure that it had to do with ALOT more than his recent posts, the past week or so.

Tony

Very well said Tony...

Its easy to misunderstand someone on a computer and often times happens. But its easy to see a personal attack. Whether there is history or not we will not all ever know.

Am i a PU fan? You betcha but i also consider Tony a friend that has taught me more about coyotes and dogs than i couldve ever imagined.
I dont see a problem with questioning him at all but to make a personal attack on him was disrespectful . And anytime someone disrespects a friend of mine whether on the internet or face to face i will dang sure stand up for them.

Should Fred have got banned? As stated by Tony im sure there has been more problems than this one thread. If the moderators seen fit for it to be taken that far then I'd say so.

Originally Posted By: jglynn to get on here and call him out as being a catch dog or that he does not work right is downing him and TT as a trainer. just as he said that about anyone elses dog because the concept of a decoy dog is not to catch. so to me calling him a catch dog is disrespectful.

And then to quote TT

you should see Gunner catch jackrabbits.

Even bayed up a couple dozen that had no hole in them.

Gunner catches a missed coyote at the PM hunt this year.

The nighttime catching and baying solo...been there quite a few times with clients

He and Gunner caught a coyote that ran across the road on me, while checking traps this morning.

Those are my quotes Randy, but then again, I've showed a mess of video of Gunner decoying coyotes. More than all naysayer's video clips combined...times 10. So...I will call him the Versatile Coyote Dog.
smile.gif

To each their own, but I won't feed a decoy dog that won't put tooth in a coyote.

Tony

Plus Gunner doesn't know a coyote isn't hit after a shot. He knows his job is to go get the yote after the shot whether it is dead or running off. And like I said 90 percent of the time I havent seen him make contact. It is going to happen from time to time!

Last edited:
Why does everyone use larger breed stock and hog dogs if theres never a need or worry to make contact? If such is the case go get a Chihuahua or yorkie.

Versatile is right. GUNNER can do it all and does a dang good job of it

Originally Posted By: cawilson82Why does everyone use larger breed stock and hog dogs if theres never a need or worry to make contact? If such is the case go get a Chihuahua or yorkie.

Versatile is right. GUNNER can do it all and does a dang good job of it

Im not taking sides here, and have no valuable insight ether way, but lots of guys are breading for smaller dogs, and some are using terriers.

But its as simple as Gunner works just how Tony wants him to, and they make each other happy. End of story!

Last edited:
Fred was not banned for recent actions in this forum.
As most of you know,(right or wrong) I will get in the middle of a guy when I think he needs it, and let some stuff run that others think should be "shut down" Everytime it has been worked out.
My point is that this is a place for discussion, sometimes I don't like how its going, some times I don't see a problem, and others do.I read the post in a thread, and do what I think is right. I dam sure don't have the answers, just trying to keep the forum running.

But small dogs arent the norm and all it takes is one hard charger with no shot available and little dog is a coyote turd.

I see how a small dog could really have a place on stand. But breeding and denning season and all a guy is asking for is a dead dog.

Just like a ref you have to call it like you see it Duane. As long as your doin that your doin good

Last edited:
Hey, i dont decoy, so like i said, i am no authority. Just lettng you know that some very seasoned guys are doing it. Maybe Mr Cat Daddy can step in here and add some info?

It is kind of odd to me now it's poor Fred. He must have been told many times to watch it and did not heed the warning. So I say he dug his own hole.

It is wierd Caleb, it seems like if we think Gunner is a great decoy dog, then we are the minority here.lol.

Like i have said before. the proof is in the pudding. and TT has supplied enough pudding here to have a he!! of a wrestling match for 2 chicks in string bikinis!!!!! haha.

Roode301, I think your on to something. A guy rarely gets banned over night unless he's really looking for a fight. I would think he's had more then enough chances to cool it down.

Ol' Nuts is going to be a proudy daddy to some dog/cat mixes.lol. Haven't got an update in a few days. He has a list in front of him for training and I knew that before i took him out there. It was just the only time i could make the trip. He goes with Tony when he gets extra time. But as soon as he gets a few of the dogs goes home it will be his turn.

Back