Sorry to hear that Fred....

Use to not any more.Best to dogs got hit on the road because the blockers didn't do there job and I was heartbroken and swore it off now.

Heading to see Tony at the end of this month to pick up my new pup.

Fred is a good guy, I have hunted with him and he knows his stuff. Fred calls stuff like he sees it no bs .I hardly ever post on here but I do read often. And I have learned some things from this fourm and the people on it.I also don't claim to be an expert of any kind.When it comes to dogs or any animal for that matter I dont think there is an
expert,to me an expert knows everything, work with animals long enough and you will find out you can learn something all the time.

The biggest problems on here comes from the kool aid drinkers getting mad when the so called expert is questioned! Most of the guys who get mad don't even own a dog or have only had one for a short time and don't have a clue about what a good dog even is. People should question the so called experts on here and do some looking around at other people that have good dogs that work before you swallow everything you are fed.

Take care J.W.

Last edited:
roodeo301,

keep your hand off my pup [beeep] it, it will be the female with ba11s, i don't care what color as you can't hunt color and color don't hunt.

Last edited:
Also sorry to hear we may have lost Fred, for now. I will still try to get a dose of KnockemDown and Pokey. Tucker and I consider them family.

This is a tough one and has been discussed here before. The hard part of this deal is to make it a place where most folks can be comfortable. I think it is counter productive to make folks feel uncomfortable here. Any folks. I believe this site should be for Pros, Rookies, Recreation Guys, Nons, etc. I like to see it as inclusive for all. I think there is a time to take it to the private message arena.

We all have different agendas here. Mine is to learn stuff and connect with the good, fun, friendly members to hunt with when Karen and I retire and hit the RV road. I believe that both of my PredatorMasters agendas can best be met when as many folks of all levels chime in. It's okay with me if others want to sell pups, videos, books, hunts, raffle tickets, etc. I may want to cough up some dough again! I do not feel the need to stick my negative nose in it. There's no money or fun in it for me.

For the last 34 years I have been payed to critique and teach. It's worked out pretty well. Not sure that every post here requires a critique, constructive or not. I feel there is a big difference between a celebration or promotional post and a, "hey I need help, what do you think post." We all know how useless unsolicited advice is.

I don't know all the answers, but I do know I am cautious about throwing my stuff up to get trashed. If I do post stories or my "trophy pics" it's only to celebrate. Not trying to prove anything to anyone.

I have learned and been inspired by you all and hope to one day meet you and your dogs and get the chance to see how you do it there. Including Fred!

Originally Posted By: the impactzoneroodeo301,

keep your hand off my pup [beeep] it, it will be the female with ba11s, i don't care what color as you can't hunt color and color don't hunt.

Never had thought of touching your pup. Never seen a female with nuts and I don't want to either.

I hope I never become a "dog man" or especially a "houndsman". Thats a title Ive come to despise.

If what we seen on that thread is "help" then I dont want any.

I never have understood banning someone...its makes no sense.
If someone is posting things you dont agree with, then dont read/respond to them. Its a simple concept that always seems to escape the complainers.
I learn way more about folks when they disagree, then when they dont. If you want to really see what someone is like, just watch them in a pinch.
If you pay attention you can sort thru the BSers and the ball babies pretty quick.
If the only ideas you ever want to hear are the ones you already agree with, then you will never learn anything new. A group of friends that already agree on things, tellin each other they are doin it right isnt a concensus...its a circle jerk!
Society is already too full of folks that think everyone should make the team. Just because your momma thinks your great, doesnt mean anyone else will.
Folks say that they dont post because of the negative feedback...well, just as many folks dont post because they are afraid to offend someone if they disagree with a post. We should be able to give our honest input without worrying about not agreeing with everything. We should be able to make a post, and be prepared to explain/defend it, if need be. If you cant do that, than maybe your stance isnt near as strong as you hoped...or maybe its just a matter of someone thats still too green to not know what they dont know yet?!

Take care.

Last edited:
oh doc, we shouldnt have to defend what we think, i mean really i read it on the internet so it has got to be true, but i cant tell you why its true, lol

Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred

grin.gif

Ryan, I understand what you are saying. But don't you think there is a big difference between helpful feedback and just trashing someone you disagree with? I don't keep track, but I do not recall a single post you have made (unlike many others here) that made me cringe and think, "Man that is out of line harsh, that's not helping anyone." I never see you singling out a member and just waiting to jump 'em at the first opportunity to "get even."

We have never met in person, but you have been consistently helpful to me. Always honest, but supportive. Always stating your opinion with respect and without the, "gotta get my revenge deal." Is it because you are never in a bad mood, always sober or is it an IQ factor? (-:

I believe those are reasons you seem to be universally respected here. Bad behavior need not be defended. Honesty doesn't have to be rude. Tough is not the same as ruthless.

It would be good if the rest of us could follow your example.

Originally Posted By: btech29I hope I never become a "dog man" or especially a "houndsman". Thats a title Ive come to despise.

If what we seen on that thread is "help" then I dont want any.

I forgot thanks for the help man.

Originally Posted By: btech29Im not much help roode, but your welcome. Ill help ya anytime I can. Good luck.

Maybe in your eyes. Any time you want to give me your so called crapy info I bet I listen. Thanks Again

well craig it sure aint IQ or bad mood, cause i dont have a IQ and to hear my wife i do have a bad mood, ha. i am always sober, mostly cause if i drink i get so dumb i cant turn this thing on. yea i try not to trash someone but i will say at times its hard, i see guys get on here and tell people crap that they have heard or read from someone that probably didnt know what they were talking about either, then the person goes and does it and ruins a dog or something cause they believed somebody that didnt know what they were talking about. i got lucky when it came to dogs and grew up around some guys that didnt mind helping me, i know some guys didnt have that so they have to come to sites like this, just need to be careful and read back and figure out who knows what. on the other side of the coin i dont know [beeep] from apple butter about guns, i know i pull the trigger i want something to die, but i dont know all the in and outs of them, i go to the firearms forum and read alot but dont hardly ever post, i could get on there and retell how a 17 will shoot three miles but since i havent shot a 17 three miles i would be lieing, but somebody might believe me, and that seems to happen alot in the hound forum, i know alot of guys that read in here and never post what they think, cause i talk to them on the phone and hear what they have to say, the reason they dont post is if you say something that dont line up with afew views in here then the cheering crowd comes down on you. yea i have seen fred come across hard on somethings but i also know theres some history on some of it also. but like doc said you can learn alot about guys in a diagreement, i know i have in the last week. there some real good guys in here and some that i dont figure i could get along with that both know their stuff in here, i know i can learn from all of them, but i see guys post stuff in here that i know that dont have a clue about cause i can read about when they got their first dog and how long they have been using them. i see guys say this will work or that will work knowing that they havent decoyed enough coyotes to fill a gallon bucket and hadnt dug deep to see who knows what. i have never claimed to be a dog trainer cause i aint, but i do spend alot of time with dogs and try to show them as much game as i can, alot of people have called to ask me questions and i try to tell them what i have seen and if i dont know i try to send them to somebody that does, i could blow smoke at them and it would probably set them back along ways from where they are trying to get, but hay i would look smart, i think that happens alot in here.
i know you always say you do it for fun craig, and most guys are like that and i love to see the pics and read the stories, so dont ever stop putting them on here and when you hang it up and start traveling you got a place to stay here anytime.

point being, alot of folks sit on there hands and just dont say anything, and i dont blame them cause if you call bs on something you end up being in freds shoes, but there need to be more freds in the world, if there was i think it would make folks think alittle more about everything.

I will listen to anyone who gives advice or critique with respect to the person they are giving it to or about! then its up to me if I take it to heart or not
There is a line in my world that you just don’t cross, and a lack of respect for others Is that line for me, on the internet or face to face. I try to be the man here I am in person, it just seems it easier for many to cross that line on the internet, I’m guilty when my buttons are pushed and I should know better and apologies if I have not respected anyone.
Sure I partake in the PU Cool Aid, I’m a Gunner fan and of Tony’s as well, but you will not see me going out of my way to trash another breeders or call makers product or dogs. (especially if I haven’t hunted with either) I would think that Tony would be the first to tighten my Azz up if I was to do such a thing publicly. In my eyes doing so is counterproductive to their camp and adds nothing to the subject matter on these forums.

Last edited:
Thanks Ryan. Great points. Don't get me wrong, I have no hard feeling for Fred of any kind. I'm not sure what all went down here. I can't imagine it was about his posts in this forum. Just don't know.

I have really enjoyed knowing him here and I know where to go to hear more from him and I will. I have disagreed with him from time to time and always felt we agreed to disagree without angst. Besides, Pokey and Tucker are close cousins you know. Now days Tucker, not my wife, picks all my friends now days.

I don't know if Fred got suspended, banned, or what. I was a moderator for a few years, as well as, Fred was. Believe me, getting banned as a member takes alot. It's a vote that doesn't come easy and one that takes multiple warnings, over a period of time. Fred always had intention in his posts. Sometimes it wasn't very clear what his intention is, due to his method of delivery. But, I always tried to read between the lines and figure out what he meant. I based that on the fact that alot of good guys/hunters, that have spent time with him in the field, have all said he is a stand up guy.

If Fred got suspended or banned, I am sure that it had to do with ALOT more than his recent posts, the past week or so.

Tony

Back