Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2283869 - 09/04/12 10:06 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
oh doc, we shouldnt have to defend what we think, i mean really i read it on the internet so it has got to be true, but i cant tell you why its true, lol

#2283879 - 09/04/12 10:15 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: trapper2]
Ricky Bobby Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: southern illinois
Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred ... Bring back Fred

grin

#2283888 - 09/04/12 10:24 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: UphillDoc]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wauneta, NE / Gold Canyon, AZ
Ryan, I understand what you are saying. But don't you think there is a big difference between helpful feedback and just trashing someone you disagree with? I don't keep track, but I do not recall a single post you have made (unlike many others here) that made me cringe and think, "Man that is out of line harsh, that's not helping anyone." I never see you singling out a member and just waiting to jump 'em at the first opportunity to "get even."

We have never met in person, but you have been consistently helpful to me. Always honest, but supportive. Always stating your opinion with respect and without the, "gotta get my revenge deal." Is it because you are never in a bad mood, always sober or is it an IQ factor? (-:

I believe those are reasons you seem to be universally respected here. Bad behavior need not be defended. Honesty doesn't have to be rude. Tough is not the same as ruthless.

It would be good if the rest of us could follow your example.

#2283906 - 09/04/12 10:36 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: btech29]
roode301 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: western ohio
Originally Posted By: btech29
I hope I never become a "dog man" or especially a "houndsman". Thats a title Ive come to despise.

If what we seen on that thread is "help" then I dont want any.

I forgot thanks for the help man.

#2283914 - 09/04/12 10:39 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: roode301]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW Arkansas
Im not much help roode, but your welcome. Ill help ya anytime I can. Good luck.

#2283923 - 09/04/12 10:45 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: btech29]
roode301 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: western ohio
Originally Posted By: btech29
Im not much help roode, but your welcome. Ill help ya anytime I can. Good luck.

Maybe in your eyes. Any time you want to give me your so called crapy info I bet I listen. Thanks Again

#2283958 - 09/04/12 11:19 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
well craig it sure aint IQ or bad mood, cause i dont have a IQ and to hear my wife i do have a bad mood, ha. i am always sober, mostly cause if i drink i get so dumb i cant turn this thing on. yea i try not to trash someone but i will say at times its hard, i see guys get on here and tell people crap that they have heard or read from someone that probably didnt know what they were talking about either, then the person goes and does it and ruins a dog or something cause they believed somebody that didnt know what they were talking about. i got lucky when it came to dogs and grew up around some guys that didnt mind helping me, i know some guys didnt have that so they have to come to sites like this, just need to be careful and read back and figure out who knows what. on the other side of the coin i dont know [beeep] from apple butter about guns, i know i pull the trigger i want something to die, but i dont know all the in and outs of them, i go to the firearms forum and read alot but dont hardly ever post, i could get on there and retell how a 17 will shoot three miles but since i havent shot a 17 three miles i would be lieing, but somebody might believe me, and that seems to happen alot in the hound forum, i know alot of guys that read in here and never post what they think, cause i talk to them on the phone and hear what they have to say, the reason they dont post is if you say something that dont line up with afew views in here then the cheering crowd comes down on you. yea i have seen fred come across hard on somethings but i also know theres some history on some of it also. but like doc said you can learn alot about guys in a diagreement, i know i have in the last week. there some real good guys in here and some that i dont figure i could get along with that both know their stuff in here, i know i can learn from all of them, but i see guys post stuff in here that i know that dont have a clue about cause i can read about when they got their first dog and how long they have been using them. i see guys say this will work or that will work knowing that they havent decoyed enough coyotes to fill a gallon bucket and hadnt dug deep to see who knows what. i have never claimed to be a dog trainer cause i aint, but i do spend alot of time with dogs and try to show them as much game as i can, alot of people have called to ask me questions and i try to tell them what i have seen and if i dont know i try to send them to somebody that does, i could blow smoke at them and it would probably set them back along ways from where they are trying to get, but hay i would look smart, i think that happens alot in here.
i know you always say you do it for fun craig, and most guys are like that and i love to see the pics and read the stories, so dont ever stop putting them on here and when you hang it up and start traveling you got a place to stay here anytime.

point being, alot of folks sit on there hands and just dont say anything, and i dont blame them cause if you call bs on something you end up being in freds shoes, but there need to be more freds in the world, if there was i think it would make folks think alittle more about everything.

#2283970 - 09/04/12 11:32 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
the impactzone Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: texas
I will listen to anyone who gives advice or critique with respect to the person they are giving it to or about! then its up to me if I take it to heart or not
There is a line in my world that you just donít cross, and a lack of respect for others Is that line for me, on the internet or face to face. I try to be the man here I am in person, it just seems it easier for many to cross that line on the internet, Iím guilty when my buttons are pushed and I should know better and apologies if I have not respected anyone.
Sure I partake in the PU Cool Aid, Iím a Gunner fan and of Tonyís as well, but you will not see me going out of my way to trash another breeders or call makers product or dogs. (especially if I havenít hunted with either) I would think that Tony would be the first to tighten my Azz up if I was to do such a thing publicly. In my eyes doing so is counterproductive to their camp and adds nothing to the subject matter on these forums.

Edited by the impactzone (09/05/12 12:12 AM)

#2283980 - 09/04/12 11:42 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Thanks Ryan. Great points. Don't get me wrong, I have no hard feeling for Fred of any kind. I'm not sure what all went down here. I can't imagine it was about his posts in this forum. Just don't know.

I have really enjoyed knowing him here and I know where to go to hear more from him and I will. I have disagreed with him from time to time and always felt we agreed to disagree without angst. Besides, Pokey and Tucker are close cousins you know. Now days Tucker, not my wife, picks all my friends now days.

#2283982 - 09/04/12 11:45 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Loc: Lovington, NM
I don't know if Fred got suspended, banned, or what. I was a moderator for a few years, as well as, Fred was. Believe me, getting banned as a member takes alot. It's a vote that doesn't come easy and one that takes multiple warnings, over a period of time. Fred always had intention in his posts. Sometimes it wasn't very clear what his intention is, due to his method of delivery. But, I always tried to read between the lines and figure out what he meant. I based that on the fact that alot of good guys/hunters, that have spent time with him in the field, have all said he is a stand up guy.

If Fred got suspended or banned, I am sure that it had to do with ALOT more than his recent posts, the past week or so.

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#2283985 - 09/04/12 11:50 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Seems to me getting banned here may be based on PMs with ADM and MODS more than open posts. I think I have crowed that line a time or two (classified ad forum issues, $$$ involved) and pulled back, cause I like it around here.
blush

#2283994 - 09/05/12 12:00 AM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
jglynn Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southeast Oklahoma
like i have stated before. there is a way to disagree without being a total douche.

everyone on this forums knows that Gunner is a good dog and decoys well. he may work different than others' dogs, but he does it his way very well. we also have seen enough videos of him that we know that he does not make contact 99% of the time. but it is inevitable that it is going to happen from time to time as often as he is in the field.

now to get to my point. to get on here and call him out as being a catch dog or that he does not work right is downing him and TT as a trainer. just as he said that about anyone elses dog because the concept of a decoy dog is not to catch. so to me calling him a catch dog is disrespectful.

my point to him on posting a video was only this....

i dont have a decoy dog yet so i dont feel like i am qualified to judge one. if you wana come on here and call someones dog out and down him by calling him a catch dog or whatever, i would think that you would need to prove you are worthy of judging another dog. so i asked to prove his credentials.

i know there are guys that have great dogs that never post on here and dont have videos. but i am guessing that they wouldnt come on here and down someones dog either. but if they did and noone has ever seen proof that they knew what they were talking about, then people would want to see proof that they did know enoug to call someone out.

as to Fred, i have never one time seen him with proof that he knows enough about decoy dogs to call out Tony. the only videos ive ever seen him post was of his dog chasing squirrels. so that is why i was asking him to post decoy videos to prove he knew enough to even judge a dog.

i am not Tony's cheerleader! ive seen enough proof of him as well as others to know that he is a guy that knows what is going on when it comes to decoy dogs. there are several guys on here that i look to and read every post of theirs that i can so i can learn. Fred was just not one of them for the sipmle fact that i never saw proof of him being a great dog man. maybe he is, i was just asking for proof, thats all.

i think he was going overboard on pourpose and i think he went to an extreme.

and something else, i would almost bet my years salary that he would never talk to someone like that to their face. that kinda stuff would have a bad ending if so. i know for sure a few guys on here including myself that would prolly be in jail if he were to call us or our dogs out like that in person.

#2284015 - 09/05/12 12:34 AM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: TonyTebbe]
Jeff Mock Offline
President

Loc: Manchester, MI
Originally Posted By: TonyTebbe
Believe me, getting banned as a member takes alot. It's a vote that doesn't come easy and one that takes multiple warnings, over a period of time. Fred always had intention in his posts.

If Fred got suspended or banned, I am sure that it had to do with ALOT more than his recent posts, the past week or so.

Tony

Very well said Tony...

"Predator calling has produced some of the most spectacular misses I have ever witnessed." ---- Fred Cronk

#2284042 - 09/05/12 01:53 AM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: CAT DADDY COLD]
cawilson82 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: tn
Its easy to misunderstand someone on a computer and often times happens. But its easy to see a personal attack. Whether there is history or not we will not all ever know.

Am i a PU fan? You betcha but i also consider Tony a friend that has taught me more about coyotes and dogs than i couldve ever imagined.
I dont see a problem with questioning him at all but to make a personal attack on him was disrespectful . And anytime someone disrespects a friend of mine whether on the internet or face to face i will dang sure stand up for them.

Should Fred have got banned? As stated by Tony im sure there has been more problems than this one thread. If the moderators seen fit for it to be taken that far then I'd say so.

#2284471 - 09/05/12 07:53 PM Re: Sorry to hear that Fred.... [Re: jglynn]
R.Shaw Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Nebraska
Originally Posted By: jglynn
to get on here and call him out as being a catch dog or that he does not work right is downing him and TT as a trainer. just as he said that about anyone elses dog because the concept of a decoy dog is not to catch. so to me calling him a catch dog is disrespectful.

And then to quote TT

you should see Gunner catch jackrabbits.

Even bayed up a couple dozen that had no hole in them.

Gunner catches a missed coyote at the PM hunt this year.

The nighttime catching and baying solo...been there quite a few times with clients

He and Gunner caught a coyote that ran across the road on me, while checking traps this morning.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.