Started decoy dog for sale. SOLD

btech29

Ive went back and forth on selling this dog. He's been on a couple handfull of stands with my other dog and looks like he's going to be a dandy. This is the best behaved dog Ive ever seen. He loads like a dream, kennels like a dream and is just all around obedient. Dont have a bad thing to say about him other than he ranges way more than I like. I want a dog to sit beside me. Im sure I will regret this move. $700

Snapshot38-11-20127-18PM.png

short from btech29 on Vimeo.

Last edited:
He sure is a joyful guy. Looks to be really enjoying his work. Jeff, what's that dog weigh? Is he an SSU? Is he in tact?

Im not sure how much he weighs. He is noticeably smaller than Spot. She weighs right at 50, so I would guess him at 40 to 45 lbs. I got this dog from Ryan and dont know his history. He is intact. This dog has the makings of a great one. As you know Im getting a pup from Evan and had a call from a lady I spoke to about a pup a while back. Well its ready. Its one of those oh crap deals and I try to keep my word. Too many dogs.

Originally Posted By: btech29and had a call from a lady I spoke to about a pup a while back. Well its ready.

A Seegmiller?
tt1.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKOriginally Posted By: btech29and had a call from a lady I spoke to about a pup a while back. Well its ready.

A Seegmiller?
tt1.gif

How the heck did you know? She has a great looking one with my name on it. We talked and I forgot all about it. Now I have two pups to buy. Between that and the trip Im running slim on funds.

Aint they cool looking? Its a Decker line. Should be 30 to35 pounds. A little like a JRT without all the teeth. Im hoping to have a dog I can use a little longer into the fall.

no craig he didnt come from daune, i trade pups with a guy and this is the one i got, i raised him since he was 7 weeks old, he doesnt go back to anything i have

Looks like a great little dog. Someone would get a great dog for 700.00 bucks, might be the best money you ever spend.

Mac is around 2 years old and great with kids. I have 5 little girls that play with him everyday. Not a mean bone in his body.

Thanks for the comments guys.

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: btech29 She has a great looking one with my name on it.

She sure does.
smile.gif

IMG_2204sz.jpg

Those ARE the coolest looking dogs Jeff. Very cool. Looking forward to hearing/seeing the development with him.

Lives and plays with kids, well behaved and controllable, video of working coyotes like he does, spent time with T2, bred by the Pros?

Mac sure looks like the total package to me. Much like the way Jeff got going with Spot. Take it from me, way cheaper and way quicker and way surer than starting with a weaner. When will a guy find this deal again?

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: btech29 She has a great looking one with my name on it.

She sure does.
smile.gif

IMG_2204sz.jpg

Those ARE the coolest looking dogs Jeff. Very cool. Looking forward to hearing/seeing the development with him.

Larry, aint them the coolest looking little dudes you ever laid eyes on? Did you go look at the older dogs? She's a very respected breeder for Rats. I sent her abunch of my clips and she hand picked this guy for what I do. We are both excited to see how they perform. She says they have plenty of prey drive but aint crazy like a JR. I have high hopes.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKLives and plays with kids, well behaved and controllable, video of working coyotes like he does, spent time with T2, bred by the Pros?

Mac sure looks like the total package to me. Much like the way Jeff got going with Spot. Take it from me, way cheaper and way quicker and way surer than starting with a weaner. When will a guy find this deal again?

Thanks Craig. You make a good point about getting a started dog, especially if its your first dog. It sure is nice having Spot to show a new dog the ropes. She's got two pups to teach now.
scared.gif

Boy oh boy, this ones really got my wheels a turning up inside that head of mine! I just have ZERO experience with a decoy dog ... and that really scares me.
scared.gif
This could be a great adventure & my 5 year old son sure could use a friend, as we have not a single pet at this time.

I have some questions and considered sending you a pm, but if others are interested maybe it will shed some light on the subject for others too.

First off, I live in a heavily wooded area that has a very high deer population, will this dog be bothered when deer come to the call or show up while making a stand?

Secondly, will it be possible to hunt this dog without an ecollar or is it not suggested?

Third, you mention wanting a decoy dog that will get you further into the fall of the year, can these dogs not be hunted with throughout the winter?

I am just a weekend hunter and only have time on weekends throughout the fall/winter, will this be enough time spent to keep Mac up to snuff on decoying coyotes?

Lastly, has Mac been an outside dog to this point?

Thanks.
smile.gif

Back