Redfield Revenge

pyscodog

Well, added a new stock to my triple duece and didn't care for the Tasco that was on it. I had a 6x20 Simmons on the shelf so I put it on the rifle and headed for the range. About twenty shots later and on my way home, I realized why it was on the shelf. So I headed out scope shopping. Bass Pro was out of everything in my price range so I headed to Tulsa. I went to a shop I go to alot and started to check out the optics when the sales lady handed me the Redfield. It was 6x18x44, right size and power. Had the accu-ranger reticle, going to have to read up on that? Price was $269. before tax, right price range. Seems clear in the store, I guess another trip to the range is in order. Do any of you use this scope and what do you think of it?

The Revolution Is NOT "Made"in the US.It is however "built"in the us using parts "Made" overseas.I called them some time ago about this when I bought the 3-9x50 Accurange.It is mounted on an R-15 and I'm happy with it!

Been read some reviews on this scope on Midway USA'a site, it gets some pretty good remarks, its supposedly made & backed by leupold with a life time warrenty.

I looked at a couple at the local dealer & it aint bad, seemed very clear & had a thin set of reticles, I hate a reticle thats as thick as a fence post.

Think'n hard about buy'n one for my .22 & a .243 that needs glasses.

I had the Revenge 3-9x50 with the Accu Range reticle and I have to say from my experience it sucked, here are my top 2 reasons for getting rid of it, 1) it doesn't handle heat shimmer well at all. 2) the Accu Range Reticle is too busy and it gets in the way of the target. I have since gone to a Leupold 6-18x40 with target turrets.

Rick

Well, first time out with the Revenge this morning. Like RR1 said, the reticle is a little busy but I mainly egnored that. Glass is very clear and the adjustable abjective seems to work like it should. I put the scope on a 222 and was shooting remnants of clay birds at 200 yds with no problems at all. Very clear at 18 power and I could watch the clay explode when hit. All in all, for under $300.00, I'm OK with it. It will work just fine on the duece!!

Back