on a lighter note, pics

knockemdown-Everythings better with a lil bulldog in it...
tt1.gif

167006_1607470785094_6263317_n.jpg

206159_1759553027055_5397473_n.jpg

Awesome pictures guys! This is the kind of post that I've been looking for. Keep at it. I will have to see what I can dig up.

Tony

Here's my first dog ride. Kansas farm.
crazy.gif

ChessieRide.jpg

My first dog, Shep on the farm in SW Nebraska.
ShepFarmSis.jpg

ShepFarm.jpg

Can't tell you much more about 'em.

Originally Posted By: btech29Cool pics Craig! Are those pics of you when you was a kid?

That's him alright. Times were sure different then. Folks complain today. Sheese! Imagine if they had to live like we did in those days? Not much was "user friendly" then. But family was.

Ryan, Chris keeps missing your question so I will tell ya. He had liver failure trying to get over the skin problem. My vet tried and Chris's vet tried. Nothing worked for the little guy.

My first "Good Dog." Tim
TimBestDog.jpg

During my pre-teen years on the Frenchman River, Tim was my constant companion. If it breathed, he would run, tree, flush, bay, bite, stretch, corner or kill it. Didn't have much control, but could generally keep up with him. If not well he would eventually show up at home. Sometimes considerably worse for the wear.

He came to us as a full grown, but a very young stray that a co-worker of my Dad's had found. No idea on the breeding. Certainly some beagle type influence, but pretty leggy. What do you think? Best guess?

Still got his old home made collar in on the gun safe.

Some of ya'all have seen these, but here ya go...

Rowdy, my 10 year old Lab. He's in good shape for his age, but I'll definitely have to go easy on him this year.

This is an old 35mm scan that I've always liked...

scan0014-1.jpg

Penny, my daughter's 3 year old Jack...

img1282326988673.jpg

jeep001.jpg

scan0003-1.jpg

Penny gets to come along once in a while, but she has NO idea what she's doing...
smile.gif

000_0056.jpg

Doin' what they do best...
wink.gif

PennyandRowdysleeping.jpg

Originally Posted By: duckdog
jeep001.jpg

Man, I love this one. Very JRT. Speaks volumes!
thumbup1.gif

This and of course KJ's Bean pics and stories make me think I may have to have a JRT before it's over. Just not sure I've got what it takes to handle one.
scared.gif

REALLY enjoying these pics!

Midwest...What breed are your dogs, and are you using them to retrieve ducks?
GREAT pics!

Craig,...believe it or not, Penny is really easy to handle.
I think they got a bad rap when everybody and their brother bought one when they became"famous" then tried to keep it in an apartment. She would be an absolute PERFECT farm dog.
Her absolute favorite thing in the world, is when I'm working around the house/yard.

Follows me everywhere, and is 100% focused on what I'm doing. It's comical really! She'll sit there and watch every stroke if I'm painting.

I always tell my daughter, that if Penny was a kid, she'd have ridden the short bus!
w00t.gif

She is entertaining though!

I'm lovin' the old pics in this thread and the other one.

Kevin

I love that guilty pic Ducky. lol

I love JRT's. Like Ive said many times, I really want one. I think they would make excellent decoy dogs. I think Im going to get a big Rat Terrier. I dont think they are quite as hard to control.

Originally Posted By: trapper2cj, whatever happened to the doc dog?

thanks uphill for the standing pic, like the way that dog looks

Hey Ryan, I guess I have been missing them. Thanks for jumping in Jeff. I guess I didn't see the questions.

Doc was a great dog and I really enjoyed having him around. He was a great hunting partner. I got him from Jeff (Which I think got him from you) and got to put him on a few coyotes during last season but after several visits the vet said keep him from hunting.

They "Tried" several things to find a fix for him. Mange treatments, Skin allergies, Diet changes, and did several other skin tests and injections to build up immunity to what they said was grass allergies. When he passed he was on a cocktail of meds from both the vet and the dermatology clinic out of Memphis. Between weekly injections of Ivermectin, twice daily Atopica, Prednisone, Cephalexin, Ketconazole and fish oil tablets he just wasn't getting any better and I think they gave up on him. He just couldn't take all the medications for so long. He started loosing weight and wouldn't eat, but was always happy to go outside and check traps and run the field.

The vet said that the Atopica skin medicine was a really strong dose and that he just couldn't process it all in conjunction with the other meds. He was just to weak by that time. Actually they think it was kidney failure that actually took him. The Atopica has a side effect much like the Mycotoxin that can kill deer when eating wet, spoiled corn.

I'd do just about anything to have him back and healthy.

Last edited:
Back