on a lighter note, pics

26584_1275427844228_4501907_n.jpg

Bo, how did those pups turn out?? Be honest, I have nothing to hide.
Just so everyone knows the "backstory" I do a "test litter" from time to time, these pups are sold cheap or given away, to be hunted, so we can judge the cross, and decide whether or not to do the cross again.With this cross it's not so important because I don't own the female, and the stud is dead.I still would like to know how the pups are doing.

Duane,
The female never really did "turn on". She would sniff a coyote hide, but would never engage or even act interested with a live coyote standing ten feet from her. The male was good. He would engage and saw around twenty coyotes last year. He did have some problems. These were not genetic and were caused by me and my inexperience. I'm sure I'm not the first or the last guy to ruin a dog, but had he been with a true "dog man" I think he would have made a good dog.

"Ribbons" who I call pepper is everything that I think a dog should be. I learned from my mistakes and she is going to do me well this year. We were on a dry stand today, but she ranged out two to three hundred yards and would comeback, to within twenty yards of me. She also worked back and forth and was very attentive. She is also by far the grittiest dog Ive had and has no problem flashing her smile when needed. Ill get some good pics of her for you this year. That little pup in my above post is the pepper x duke Oopsie up that I called you about. He is gonna stay here this year and see how he does.

Boe

Thanks Bo, now I can get to the point of what I was after.
Real simple, some dogs make it, and some don't.If anyone can say they have honestly given a dog a fair shake and it is not "up to par", admit it, and act accordingly.
I knew the answer before I asked Bo, because I had seen 2 other pups out of the litter. Not his fault, not my fault, just a cross that didn't work out as well as expected.
Just wanted to share some truth about dogs.Bo thanks for being honest.If ya want a "test pup" again, I got one for ya.

Last edited:
Nice segway, Ryan
smile.gif

Man, all your dogs have the 'devil' in their eye, LOL! Good to see Moses gettin' some internet time...
Doc, that stag looks like its got some bulldog in it? Man, that dog sure blends into that grass!
KJ, Bean was the schizzle...
MIdwest, looks like you've got your hands full there with some fine workers!
trapped14.jpg

July4weekend022.jpg

2012-05-04_17-19-36_482.jpg

2012-04-21_17-03-45_336.jpg

Turkey2012001.jpg

deer2011052.jpg

2012-01-27_17-15-19_353.jpg

004.jpg

2012-03-30_17-42-08_746.jpg

IMG00735-20110322-1727.jpg

Back