Northern Calif hunting??

Snarkler -
Sounds like a GREAT set up.

I'm in to single shot's mostly. Have a couple of contenders and an encore. Have a .223 on the contender that shoots pretty well. My favorites though are my Sako .222 and Rem 700VS in .220 Swift. These two just plain shoot, even though I can't. :)

I have a small collection of open reed and closed read calls - capped off by some I got from board guys here. Also have a phantom - haven't had a chance to put it to the test yet though.

Had to get rid of my '90 Bronco - she was perfect in every way, but I needed a pick-up for work. Long story, but no 4x4. Have looked for a quad, but just can't afford one right now, and no one wants to swap anything for one.

steve

sounds good guys. my only weapons here are my .270win, my 12gauge and my .22lr but then again, my dad has a few nice sakos he may let me take out.

Glad to see there are so many calif boys here.I hunt almost everyday and kill yotes and squirrels aplenty.I'd be very interested to meet a bunch of local shooters.Most of my close friends don't take the shooting seriously.they'd just asoon shoot cans.I love to burn powder.

Originally posted by 1buba:
[qb]Snarkler -
Sounds like a GREAT set up.

I'm in to single shot's mostly. Have a couple of contenders and an encore. Have a .223 on the contender that shoots pretty well. My favorites though are my Sako .222 and Rem 700VS in .220 Swift. These two just plain shoot, even though I can't. :)

I have a small collection of open reed and closed read calls - capped off by some I got from board guys here. Also have a phantom - haven't had a chance to put it to the test yet though.

Had to get rid of my '90 Bronco - she was perfect in every way, but I needed a pick-up for work. Long story, but no 4x4. Have looked for a quad, but just can't afford one right now, and no one wants to swap anything for one.

steve[/qb]

Oops! Hit the button too early. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. My name is Russ and I work with Snarkler. He is the one that got me into varmints. I was mainly into big game up until about a year ago.

I just purchased a stainless encore frame which I will have next saturday and very eager to try it out. In about 4 weeks I will have a new custom 15" 454 Casull barrel with a muzzle break. So I'm interested to hear from others with contender/encore's.

Oops! Hit the button too early. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. My name is Russ and I work with Snarkler. He is the one that got me into varmints. I was mainly into big game up until about a year ago.

I just purchased a stainless encore frame which I will have next saturday and very eager to try it out. In about 4 weeks I will have a new custom 15" 454 Casull barrel with a muzzle break. So I'm interested to hear from others with contender/encore's.

Gunnut1 ( and any other Nor Cal Varminters for that matter )

Drop me an email sometime....I would love to compare notes & ideas with you. My email tom.larder@comcast.net

Krusty (see above) just secured the domain name www.varminators.com for a new site he and I will be filling up with lots of sweet VARMINT related pics hunt info stories. etc etc. He is pretty fired up about it so i know it will turn out great.

SNARKLER

'Shoot straight'

Krusty,
Good to see you in this piece of the forum.

Didn't know if you were still around. Still have the calls working. Just don't have much time to work on them right now. Have made a couple, now I'm trying to work on tuning the turkeys.

You may not want to answer online, but if you don't mind my asking, where did you come across the encore? I've got one, but not sure that any more NEW ones can be had. I don't care much about ANOTHER one, but would be interested in a G2 if I can find anyone carrying them.

Let me know, maybe we can hook up to go shooting. (I'm going to spend some time at the loading bench tonight so I'll be ready next time I get a chance to go). I didn't realize how close you were. For some reason I thought you were in Fresno/Bakersfield.

Snarkler -
Come on buddy! Where's the content? :)

Great url BTW.

Take care all,
just call me loadin' in Komifornia today...
steve

Steve,

I hope you didn't have this new Krusty confused with crusty ol' me...

Krusty Klimber
wave1.gif
, maker of much mischief, and Krusty Kriers predator calls.

Welcome new Krusty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif My friends call me Krusty too!

So many of the places you guys mention bring back great memories for me, I lived in Stockton for a few years, and hiked, biked, and played in a lot of these places.
Hey what about the wildlife area southwest of Rio Vista (a dozen or so miles)? Or any of the ones along there... I did a lot of kayaking on the deltas, when I lived down there... and we always heard/saw a lot of coyotes in the fields and roads along the sloughs.

But I digress...

Yeah Steve, I am still around... just not as much as I used to be.
I am gonna read a lot more than I post... though the flame wars did tend to cause a lot more hits on my website and call orders, it just aint worth it anymore.

Take care, let us know how your Central Cal thing works out, it might benefit those of us, up north of you, to do something like it.

Jeff
wave1.gif

Jeff (Krustyklimber),
that's exactly what I did. My brain just don't work like it used to. I turn 40 in a couple of months and all hecks broke loose. Next thing I know, I'll need both shoulders replaced, both hips replaced and need a kidney xplant or two... oh, wait, already did that.

Anyway,
my appologies to both of you. Not because one or the other might be offended, but because I'm brain dead and didn't show the desency to remember folks by who they are.

Ya'll take care - and oh yeah, let me know if anyone comes across a Ruger #1 in quarter bore or smaller.

Thansk,
Brain Dead Steve

Greetings all,

I apologize for the delays regarding all the request for information regarding the new club that Steve (22-250VT) and I are starting. I had hoped to get the web page up and the forums running before posting more about it, but the page is going to take a bit more time then I planned so here it goes.

California Predators Club
There are more than varmints out there

Membership:

Membership in the California Predators Club is available for everyone, both men and women alike, from the novice hunter to the experienced hunter. The club is designed to sharpen their skills, aid in acquiring valuable outdoor knowledge, enjoy the fellowship of other hunters and to both teach as well as learn the ways of successful, ethical and legal predator hunting. Your annual membership dues of $20.00 individual or $25.00 for a family, this will go towards the following:

1. Bi-monthly meeting
2. Bi-monthly news letter
3. Club hunts
4. Club outings

Club history:

Founded in 2003 by a group of hunter’s who realized the need to work together in order to promote the safe and ethical hunting of Predator.

Mission Statement:

Dedicated to the legal and ethical pursuit of predators, throughout the State of California, the California Predators Club is a sportsman's club actively involved in bringing hunters together for educational seminars, outings and shoots throughout the year. Interacting with other clubs and organizations to promote hunter’s safety as well as educating the public in wildlife management."

Links:

National Rifle Association
http://www.nra.org/

Predator masters
http://www.predatormastersforums.com

All Predator Calls
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/

Questions:
1. What does your club stand for?
· Answer: The ethical and legal methods of
predator hunting as well as educating both
the hunter and the public.

2. What predators do you hunt?
· Answer: In California we primarily hunt
Coyote, Foxes and Bobcat. In other states we
travel to, feral cats as well as mountain
lions may be hunted.

3. What is the age range of your members?
· Answer: We will accept anyone into the club,
however they must be of legal age to
participate in hunts. Currently our age
range is from 20 - 40. (That we know of)
Some of you may not be telling the truth!

Contact info:

Joe Abandonato AKA Rukus
president@californiapredatorsclub.com

Steve Moulis AKA 22-250VT
vicepresident@californiapredatorsclub.com

To Join CPC [url=mailto:membership@californipredatorsclub.com

Way to go Rukus. You've got a lot more done than most groups in the same amount of time.

looking forward to meeting up with y'all!

steve

Alright sounds great....!!!!! I'm so glad you guys ( Joe, Steve ) got this going I just hope Im here long enough to enjoy it!!!!!!!!

Curtis

Just got home from deer hunting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I saw more Mountain Lions than deer!!

I'm not BS'ing, I saw a mother with 2 full grown/all most full grown cubs and one doe.

Maybe someday we'll be able to hunt Lions again in the state of "fruits and nuts"?

Anyway, looks like Joe (rukas) has things rolling, looking forward to meeting like minded people in this state for once !!

I have new "public" areas all ready for us.

Steve

Steve so how did you guys do???? Man that would be cool to see a mountan lion in the wild. I never have but people I was hunting with seen them while we were out thats about as close as I have got to them. Well hope all is well. talk to you soon.
Curtis

Glad you made it back in one piece Steve, I might be taking another trip to Nevada this next weekend to scout some new areas out, just depends on how work goes. Still in search for a quad. Did you go ahead and start the process of the one we talked about?

Rukus

I hope you boys make good with your northern California predator hunting club. It won't be the first club in the state when it comes to predator hunting. We have a long history in the sport. Keep it going and Good Luck guys.

Rukus

Good work........Count me in! You have my email right? I sent you a reply to yours but never heard back...please advise.

I am planning one more NV trip in the next 45 days or so and I think Krusty (the new guy) is coming with.

FYI .... I got my Loudmouth caller and it is sweet!!!!!!!

Snarkler
'Shoot Straight'

Tom, I sent you an e-mail. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

Going to be doing a lot of work around my place this weekend, give me a call if you want. I sent you my phone number.

FYI: The web page is up, but please don't expect much. The very very basics are in place for us to build upon. I will be looking for a new host this weekend as well as trying to get more content and such onto the site.

California Predators Club

I've been away for awhile.looks like your making great progress.This group sounds to me like what I do.I just got in from a little calling tonite.No takers,shot a bunch of squirrels before it got dark.

Back