on a lighter note, pics

trapper2

ok, just for fun lets post pics of dogs, any dogs you got, house dogs bird dogs, who cares, everybody likes to look at dogs, come on guys post them up.

COOL!!!!
tt1.gif

Everyone here knows how much I like to post pics. I love to see them also. Being the pic hog that I am, I want to wait for someone else to start. Not sure if I can wait, but, gonna try.
blushing.gif

The Huskers have me distracted right now so I might make it. How about that Rex Burkhead?
thumbup.gif

Okay. I'll start at the beginning.

Me and my first good Coyote Hound.

FirstCoyoteHound.jpg

Okay, that's really Jack in 1957. And yes he was heart and soul of my Great Uncle Harold's pack at the time. I know it doesn't look like it but we all did have a lot of fun in those days also. Cousin Jon, BB guns, Coyote Hounds and Shetland Ponies. Whata Country!

On the South Divide of the Frenchman River Ryan.

Here is one of Bean and a hog he bayed up by himself.

100_0575.jpg

He always did like that ringtailed cat

100_0628.jpg

But he loved coyotes the best

IMG_0583.jpg

Here are the 3 I have now

DSCN0087.jpg

stay after them
Kelly

Originally Posted By: trapper2one of my favorites

IMG_3643.jpg

Me too Ryan!

Later in life it looks like this,

TDAYKALI.jpg

TDAYCAM.jpg

Can you all clearly see that I need some GrandChildren?

Awesome Jeff! Sure looking forward to getting Tucker next to Spot. Hope we find some work for them. I hope Spot can show her how she is supposed to do it.

Shouldn't you also be posting one of Evan's pictures of the "Brindle Blondie?"

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKAwesome Jeff! Sure looking forward to getting Tucker next to Spot. Hope we find some work for them. I hope Spot can show her how she is supposed to do it.

Shouldn't you also be posting one of Evan's pictures of the "Brindle Blondie?"

I think Tucker and Spot will work good together. Should be a blast! I dont have any pics of Evans pup yet. Im prolly going to buy his female too. I hear she has some teeth.

On a lighter note, ey?

Tyke. His vision is pretty much gone these days. But he still gets around good and really enjoys a long race with the FourWheeler in the open hay meadow. I can always win because he usually has to stop and spring a he dog leak.

COON1.jpg

TykeonThroat.jpg

SoldierCrCur.jpg

RubiconKaren.jpg

Tyke is a rescue FoxTerrier/Poodle cross. With is macho Terrier attitude and his one family loyal affectionate demeanor he quickly became a real family pal around here.

One of the days last winter when I was off for Knee Replacement Rehab he got me in a bit of a jam.

He, Tucker and I were out that morning on the Rubicon checking cage traps. We found the door down on a big ole yellow boar coon on the West End. This was before I became convinced by members in the know here, that a head shot is just not the best way to dispatch a coon. I left Tyke on the Rubicon and, I thought dispatched the Big Bandit. I dumped him out for Tucker and turned to walk back to the Rubicon to put the .22lr back in the rack. Well that coon came back to life and Tucker went into full circle and hold mode in a loud excited way. This big boy was a real handful for being dead. Well Tyke baled off the ATV charged in blindly, literally blindly. All took me by surprise. When I finally got back in the game Tyke had ahold of the coon and the coon had ahold of him. Kinda like Gunner only each had the other's hind leg and smaller of course. Tucker quickly interrupted the coon's program, I waded in and tossed Tyke out of the mix.

When the smoke settled, Tyke was covered in blood, head to toe. White dogs covered in blood are very striking. Fortunately the blood was mostly from the Bandit. I knew I had a problem as I was under strict orders to leave Tyke at the house when hunting. But he still really enjoyed our ranch trips so much, besides we didn't have any serious action on the agenda anyway.

Well I loaded them up and got Tyke in the mud room utility sink and used some show horse "Bright White" to change his color from crimson back to snow white. He was fine the rest of the day. When Karen got home she and Tyke took their regularly scheduled evening stroll over the creek to the barn.

When they returned it was all "hands on hips" and "WHAT HAPPENED TO TYKE TODAY?" I started with one of those, "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" deals, but it didn't float. She explained that on the way back from the barn he was packing that right hind leg.

He never limped before or after that trip to the barn. Don't know if he was bragging or complaining or perhaps just rating me out.

You gotta love those little dogs Craig. I want a JRT bad! Im really trying to resist.

When I was looking for pics I found this clip. Its the very first stand Spot and I ever made. She's came a long ways since then. I love this dog.

Spots first from btech29 on Vimeo.

Hows the new job going JW?

Aint your female a full sister to Tony's dog?

edit to add: Jeff you have done a fine job putting a bunch of coyotes in front of Spot and keeping it on her mind.
The time you have put in shows both with your camera work, editing and for sure Spot.
Good Time is my fav....think I'll go watch it again.

Stay after them
Kelly

Last edited:
i'm with you on it kelly, jeff has some of the best video i have seen, i dont know how you run the camera and hunt at the same time.

Kelly, it's going great, can't hardly belive they pay me to do that.Still have a lot to learn but I got some good guys I can call for help.
Yes she is a full sister. Ryan and I have been thinking about breeding her but I cant go with out a dog with the new job.So I don't know if it will happen.

Last edited:
Back