A quite different breed

Ricky Bobby

I must say ... you houndsmen are a completely different breed of coyote hunters!

lol.gif
lol.gif

You have no idea!!!!
lol.gif
I spent my teens and twenties sitting around a campfire with 50-80 year old houndsmen, listening to our dogs run fox and coyotes. Some of the conversations around the fire were classics. I learned alot about dogs, woman, politics, trucks, coyotes, whiskey, farting, just about anything. The weekends were really fun, walking ditches and dumping dogs. Man, I miss those old guys. Most have passed away now.

One thing that I learned, is you don't talk bad about another's dog. More than once, I watched one get up and hand the perpetrator his azz.

Tony

Tony i have the same memories. Those are the good ones. I know i will never forget my nights of sitting and listening to Tom Roy telling the stories of 'ol Pepto, or True Love. On nights like those, when the air was still, and even the crickets and bull frogs seemed to quiet down to listen to the sound of the pack sing by, nothing else in the world seemed to matter, and all your troubles are forgoten.

But on the other hand, we do get a little wierd from time to time! You know you are a houndsmen when you have a picture on your phone of your dogs back end with the tail held in the air, just to send to your friends the day before a big hunt, with the words
"show this to your hounds so they know what they will be looking at all day!"

"Different Breed"???? This guy is at the least polite.
If he finds out how goofy we are he might change his mind about us. HAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!

Back