Decoy dogs in the east

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeMan, there is way too much reading here than I have time on my lunch break from working on fence. I scanned through it

Doc, I haven't produced a superior pup to Gunner...yet. Of course, they are all still young dogs. Three years from now, they may outshine him. I've heard from others about you and believe you've got the experience to back up what you say. I'm cool with that.

Fred, Nice coyote. The red sand tells me you had a good time in Western Oklahoma doing some calling. Most likely with my buddy Kelly. Love seeing pictures of dead coyotes. Thank you.

Tony

Tony-Bravo...a straight forward response. A perfect example of "no need to lie, when the truth will do"! We dont have to agree on anything, let alone everything, to have a constructive conversation. I actually just gained some more respect for you. Good luck with the pups in the future, and Im especially interested in watching your lurcher type dogs develop. I will try to choose my words more carefully in the future, but I cant make too many promises
blushing.gif
Im just hoping I can find more things I agree with, than disagree with, as I sure hate being called the cocky, [beeep] stirrer...
cursing.gif

Take care.

Knockemdown, I have no animosity towards you and I may take you up on your offer but I can pay my way. The thing that frustrates me about the forums is how they get sideways. Maybe I missed something but I never heard Gunner referred to as a kill dog. He had a scuffle and still did his job which was to decoy. I sent you a message with my number give me a shout and maybe I can understand where your coming from with this.

I posted before i got caught up. You all made my post N/A.

Good info here. I know the haters will reach out to me again for this, but...."PredatorMasters Rocks!"

Last edited:
Boy I missed alot when I had to carry my wifes grandmother to her final resting spot today.Coyote roedo that is some good info you gave and I will get intouch with you.

See guys you can get your point across and not be so Abusive and smart mouth but some will never learn that.

My respect just went up for you, as well, Doc. You really want to get into a debate....you should see Gunner catch jackrabbits.
grin.gif
Doesn't happen all the time, but we watched him catch 4 in a row one night. His norm is 1 catch to every 100 attempts.
lol.gif

I've got a lurcher/blackmouth cur cross pup that I kept back, that I have a strong interest in seeing how she turns out. Keeping my fingers crossed on her. She bays the heck out of farm cats right now.
smile.gif

It's all good guys.

Tony

Sorry about your friend Kelly. Your right too, life is too short for all this nonsense. Heck, we are prolly all doing it wrong. We need to take a step back and not take ourselves so seriously.

Perhaps the winner is the one having the most fun out in the field. Gonna try to have some in the morning.
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleCKPerhaps the winner is the one having the most fun out in the field. Gonna try to have some in the morning.
thumbup.gif

Be sure and save some of that fun for when I come up Craig. Man Im looking forward to it.

I dont care if we kill anything, Im just looking forward to hunting with you and Tucker. If we dont see any coyotes it will be just like when I hunt here at home.
thumbup1.gif

Sent you a PM.

Last edited:
dang you guys been busy today, ha. ok i hope nobody takes this post wrong, i am not wanting to fight or bad mouth anyone.

jglynn, you asked for video to back it up, well i have carried a camera some and got alittle video, none of it worth putting on cause i cant run a camera and my dogs dont do much but i know of three guys that have posted in this thread that have abunch that very few people will ever see. i have the upmost respect for guys that can run a camera and hunt. i also know of quite afew guys that dont have any video of their dogs and their dogs are the best i have ever seen, and i'm not talking one dog, i'm talking about guys that have super dogs time after time, i'm just saying a person dont have to have video of their dogs to have good dogs. i hunted with a guy two days ago that has been useing a decoy dogs since before most of us were born and he cant ever turn a computer on, i know he dont have any video, ha, and he has great dogs.

i know everyone gets worked up over these threads going in every direction but thats the way every conversation i ever been in does.

i know fred comes on hard but i also know some guys that hunt with him and they say fred is as good a hunter as you can find and thats coming from guys i trust, heck i come off as a jerk in person so i know i must do the same on here, but i think we both will tell it like we see it and thats what i like about fred.

randy and doc, thanks for the compliments.

and this one is for anyone who has or wants a decoy dog, they are not a super tool, will they help, at times yes and at times no, they are just another tool in the box, they can be fun and can help you but the main thing with a dog is time, you got to put time into them, spend as much time as you can on them cause the greatest dog in the world wasnt born that way, somebody put some hours into him, then go have fun with them

and this one is for anyone who has or wants a decoy dog, they are not a super tool, will they help, at times yes and at times no, they are just another tool in the box, they can be fun and can help you but the main thing with a dog is time, you got to put time into them, spend as much time as you can on them cause the greatest dog in the world wasnt born that way, somebody put some hours into him, then go have fun with them

well said Trapper2 thank you

To be honest I don't care about kill numbers or how many clips you have on tape. It's about how you carry your self and treat others.Even if you have the best dogs you will never get any of my money if you act like a PRICK not directed at anyone here.

I have got alot of good info but had to sort through a lot of crap to get it.

Tony good talking with you. Thanks again for the help.

FYI Talked with with Tony tonight STAND UP GUY!

Back