,223 accuracy Loads

Originally Posted By: Atherisdoode
Ummmm....because:

1) I did a search on the forum for accuracy loads before signing up and found info on .223 and .220 swift in the firearms section, got excited, and stuck to that section to pose my questions.

2) I neglected to click on the homepage link, where I would have noticed all the sub-divisions, including the reloading section.

It was a combined effort of forum noobiness and involuntary laziness. Mea Culpa.

Don't sweat it.
smile.gif

As you can see from the responses, there are a multitude of good .223 combos out there. I've had great success with both Varget and H-335 and I am sure there are many, many more that I will try before it is all said and done.

As you can see there are many powders that will give good accuracy in a .223.

I shoot a RRA PP 20" Barrel and started with Win. 748 but heard about TAC and tried it and it does better than Win. 748 in my AR. I shoot a lot of Sierra's 52 Gr Matchkings and Hornadys 55 Gr. V-Max for Sage rats and P-dogs. Haven killed a yote with either bullet as of yet so can not say how either will preform on yotes. I do get super accuracy with TAC and both bullets.

When I can get my pie grabbers on some of that 8208XBR If that is the right Number I'll give that a run for it's money.

DAB

Back