Bushnell Tactical 3.5-21X50mm

venatic

Just in case someone is shopping for a new Tacticool scope for their new LR rig I thought I would post this since it's kind of new. After reading a few comments on this scope I happened to bump into a LR shooter at a business conference and he was telling me about his new Accuracy International rifle and how he had sold his Nightforce and was trying to decide what to get. He was leaning toward US Optics but told me he had used the new Bushnell he described as" you know the one that the objective end kinda reminded him of a big MagLight". He said that it was pretty impressive and that he was considering it as well.
I actually knew what he was talking about as I as I said been reading what little info I could find.
I got one of those babies about a week ago but the intended gun will not be ready for a few more months so I had a few extra sets of LaRUE 104's so I put it in one (34mm) and tried it on the 6mmDTi.
I am very happy with it so far. I have only spent a little time with it so these are initial thoughts and as time goes on I will followup with some box test type info if some one is interested.
The scope is solid feeling with big lockable resettable knobs.Its is a FFP Mil/Mil of which I already have two others but they are the 3-15X50mm Weaver Tactical.
It does not have Illumination but not a deal breaker for me.
The reticle was one feature I really like better than the Weaver. I think I have read the owner of GAP custom rifles helped design it and It is easy to use and in fact I was so enamored I only dialed elevation once just to see if it worked like it was supposed to...IT DID!The remainder of the shots I took I just used the reticle to holdover the correct Mil's and shot. Very fast and easy.... while in women it's not always desirable
wink.gif
but in scopes I think very desirable!
The clicks are very tactile and audible better than my Nightforce in that department. The glass seems quite good slightly better than the Weaver which I have compared to the Vortex PST for reference. I would categorize the Vortex as adequate the Weaver good and the Bushnell quite good. It has been compared closer to the Vortex Razor HD by others more sophisticated in glass than me.
Anyway just wanted to throw this out there for now to help any folks that may be shopping for glass and I will follow-up with more as time allows. Here is the scope as I forgot to take a picture.

http://theopticzone.com/products-page/ri...0-g2-dmr-matte/

They have this.

http://www.bushnell.com/downloads/Bullet-Proof-Money-Back-Guarantee.pdf

I have a Bushnell Spotting Scope that I bought in 1978 and about a year ago the rear lens fell out. I started to toss it in the trash as I have another Nikon that I had picked up very cheap.
Just on a whim with nothing to lose I shipped it to them to see if they could fix it figuring they would not as parts probably were not available on that old of a model. Two weeks later I got it back good as new.They DID not ask if I was the original owner.

Cool worked out ok then.

The guarantee I seen in the link has a lot of if's in it. I'd be nervous of it especially since it's only valid in the U.S.

Originally Posted By: venatic
The clicks are very tactile and audible better than my Nightforce in that department.

How dare you say anything is better then the almighty NF!!!!! Especially a Bushnell!
cursing.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif

I have been wanting to look through one of them and have been hearing about the same as you state on your review.

Seems the Bushnell guys hit a home run on this scope!

Thanks for the review!

I have 2 elites, a 6500 & a 4200, and I really like the glass on them. I have only owned 1 Leupold and it was a vx iii 4.5x14x50. I got rid of the Leupy after only owning it a short time and purchased another Bushnell Elite. I like them that much!

I've been wanting to get a tactical scope with mil-dot reticle setup for my next rifle & this particular scope could be the answer. I have always used standard duplex reticles up to this point.

Back