Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2281346 - 09/01/12 07:40 AM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
Wallace Bender Offline

Loc: St. Louis MO
Well, consider me a TT/Gunner fan. The amount of jealousy here is incredible! I just love the critique of Gunner by some of the eastern "experts" and the very astute "Duner" but guess what?...TT and Gunner are still going to be rock'n-roll'n and knocking down yotes while you internet svengali's will be sitting at your keyboard wondering WHAT HAPPENED?

Shut up and HUNT is all I can say to the haters/traitors/bators here (here is your cue, Duane, to delete and ban me, it's no secret that you have a pretty hard time with TT's success)

#2281354 - 09/01/12 08:08 AM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
roode, i understand, the main reason for my post was the last part, "go have fun with them"

#2281358 - 09/01/12 08:30 AM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: trapper2]
roode301 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: western ohio
Not aimed at you at all Trapper. You have given some good advice and thank you sir.

#2281365 - 09/01/12 08:54 AM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
knockemdown Offline
suburban redneck

Loc: NY
KJ, sorry about your friend.
I'll never get tired of watching Pepper...

Spined, took the evening off from the interweb, I will be in touch.

Ryan, thank you for that. The check is in the mail laugh

In the interest of keeping this post moving forward, I'll post up a short video of my dog at 14months old on stand in PA. I actually only decided to try videoing stands after he decoyed three coyotes the week before, and have not ever been able to get a kill on video.

Anyhoo, there is no coyote footage in the video, but it shows a brief glimpse of our terrain and how I like my pup to work it. Thought there mighta been one come from the brush to the left, but nothing ever followed back.

A few hundred yards is about as far as I want him to range, and I DID get a bit nervous when he left my sight. He was gone for a couple minutes, then came back on his own.
After he 'inspects' the immediate area, he will usually come back and sit beside me to watch for movement. But if he sees, or smells anything, he goes on his own...

http://youtu.be/IaKe7ByvKQQ

Hope that wasn't too boring, LOL! But it shows how I like my dog to act on a stand. I want him out front actively looking, smelling, hearing for, and being a visual attractant to, any coyotes that may come to investigate whatever call sequence I use. After about 15-20 minutes, he will usually come back & sit by me to watch for movement. But those first few minutes, he's out front trying to make something happen.
that may sound weird to the 'out west' guys, but the vast majority of coyotes that I've kilt in the open have taken their sweet azz time to show themselves! 45+ minutes on stand is about the average I sit.

For conversation...

#2281373 - 09/01/12 09:25 AM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
roode301 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Looked good to me how far out he was working. We I am at it is dinner plate flat. So my dog would be able to range a little more and still be able to keep and eye on him.

#2281406 - 09/01/12 10:25 AM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Indiana
when they started talking in that video i thought there was gonna be a HIT i mean it sounded like two MOB guys waiting to make a HIT if u ask me.....im just an Indiana REDNECK so i know MOB guys when i hear them....hahahahahaha...nice vid of the dog working.............thx.

#2281443 - 09/01/12 11:37 AM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: knockemdown]
cjdavis618 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Beebe AR
Originally Posted By: knockemdown
KJ, sorry about your friend.
I'll never get tired of watching Pepper...

Spined, took the evening off from the interweb, I will be in touch.

Ryan, thank you for that. The check is in the mail laugh

In the interest of keeping this post moving forward, I'll post up a short video of my dog at 14months old on stand in PA. I actually only decided to try videoing stands after he decoyed three coyotes the week before, and have not ever been able to get a kill on video.

Anyhoo, there is no coyote footage in the video, but it shows a brief glimpse of our terrain and how I like my pup to work it. Thought there mighta been one come from the brush to the left, but nothing ever followed back.

A few hundred yards is about as far as I want him to range, and I DID get a bit nervous when he left my sight. He was gone for a couple minutes, then came back on his own.
After he 'inspects' the immediate area, he will usually come back and sit beside me to watch for movement. But if he sees, or smells anything, he goes on his own...

http://youtu.be/IaKe7ByvKQQ

Hope that wasn't too boring, LOL! But it shows how I like my dog to act on a stand. I want him out front actively looking, smelling, hearing for, and being a visual attractant to, any coyotes that may come to investigate whatever call sequence I use. After about 15-20 minutes, he will usually come back & sit by me to watch for movement. But those first few minutes, he's out front trying to make something happen.
that may sound weird to the 'out west' guys, but the vast majority of coyotes that I've kilt in the open have taken their sweet azz time to show themselves! 45+ minutes on stand is about the average I sit.

For conversation...

That is exactly what Doc would do when I had him. He would smell around and trail things and never stay at my stand. More than once, he would go into the woods like that I and I would hear a fight break out, he would come back and nothing would follow. I miss ole Doc.

Good luck with Pokey, looks like a fine dog.

#2281497 - 09/01/12 01:45 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
what happened to doc?

#2281512 - 09/01/12 02:38 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wauneta, NE / Gold Canyon, AZ
Tucker does like to range out. Sometimes up to 300+ yards. She was about 40 yards out in front of me this morning when I shot a female sitting up on a ridge to my right 150 yards up and over. The coyote wasn't interested in working the dog, but she sure was enjoying the Tucker look.

The neighbor/rancher was with me with his 25-06. His wife emailed me earlier, and then he had called about the problems the coyotes were giving them. We will see if this corrects their coyote behavior some. We would like to wait and hit them again when we get some Arkansas company in a couple weeks but if they call we will have to go.

If it is really about having fun...well we sure are. grin

#2281515 - 09/01/12 02:47 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: DoubleCK]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW Arkansas
Nice work Craig! Great pic too.

#2281520 - 09/01/12 03:01 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
roode301 Offline
Die Hard Member II

That is a good looking dog not the one with it's tongue hanging out. Nice work to.

#2281523 - 09/01/12 03:03 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
yfzduner450 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: West Jordan, Utah
Great job Craig!! Tucker is sure a looker.

#2281629 - 09/01/12 06:44 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: roode301
That is a good looking dog not the one with it's tongue hanging out. Nice work to.

LOL! You just missed it. The chubby one's tongue was hanging out after scaling that ridge to check that coyote.

Thanks Jeremy. She has filled out some since you hunted with us.

We need to see some pics of those good lookin potlickers of yours now.

#2281705 - 09/01/12 08:59 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: DoubleCK]
Dasher Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Idaho
Very nice work Craig. Those are good lookin dogs, specially the one that's still alive. Think we got one here that's gonna look almost identical. smile
The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug.
W C Brann

#2281778 - 09/01/12 10:20 PM Re: Decoy dogs in the east [Re: roode301]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Let's see. New member, 9 posts, stirring a topic that just went useful. Talking like they been here forever.

WTH? Memorex?

Seen this before. Everyone here needs to know there are folks out there who really DO NOT want us to enjoy our discussions on Predator Masters.

Tony, you know this "New Member?" I sure don't.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.